I’m giving consideration to not watching the Indy game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

I’m giving consideration to not watching the Indy game!

This is big for me.

I remember being 6 and hoping that when they went to New York for updates they’d show some of the Bills game that wasn’t sold out.

When I was 8 I remember sitting by the radio and listening to Greg Bell go for 80 some yards on the first play of the game and going on to beat Dallas.

I went to most of the games in 87 and 88, I missed only the weeks that I had Little Loop games on Sunday afternoon.

Since 1987, I’ve watched just about every single game played except for when I was playing and one game when I was in Florida but listened to ESPN radio while in Disney World and had the game taped so I could watch it when I got home. (We beat the Steelers)

I’ve been to nearly every game since the mid point of the 1988 season when I was 12. I missed 2 for hunting season (I was too young to drive home by myself) and the aforementioned game while I was in Florida.

I’ve planned my Children’s births so they don’t interfere with Bills season, I set up each of their Christenings during bye weeks (including this Sunday). And I’ve been to Cleveland twice to watch the Bills win.

I just don’t miss Bills games.

But now we have Indy on the horizon. It’s going to be a train wreck. And I can only think that there has got to be something better for me to do that weekend.

Why should I subject myself to Manning throwing for 400 yards and 5 TD’s and JP throwing for 100 yards and 2 picks and 2 fumbles. I’m sorry, I don’t mean to make this into an anti-JP thread, I’m sure he’s going to have very good numbers in that Packers game, but Indy is going to chew him up and spit him out.

This game is going to be terrible.

I’m not looking forward to it.

Sure I’ll probably end up watching, but I wish I didn’t have to.
    Resign our own guys!
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: I’m giving consideration to not watching the Indy game!

I will watch it but I may fall asleep.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

I wonder how many people in Houston didn't watch the Jacksonville game last week.

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
        I wonder how many people in Houston didn't watch the Jacksonville game last week.

Jacksonville is not Indy!
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Patrick we must stay strong. I know it has been 7 years but we can't give up now.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
            Jacksonville is not Indy!
            Upsets happen all the time in the NFL, you just can't predict them. Remember, the Bills beat a good Vikings team.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

I feel your pain, but two things

1. Win, lose or draw we only get 16 a year
              2. I paid for NFL Sunday Ticket and I'm going to get my money's worth, regardless of the negative impact on my blood pressure.

This is the first time in my life that a bye week has felt like a relief.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Upsets happen all the time in the NFL, you just can't predict them. Remember, the Bills beat a good Vikings team.
                1. Minnesota is NOT Indy
                2. We've actually gotten WORSE since that game.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

no matter what the spread is for that game, Take $5000 and take Indy. It's can't miss!

I know the Bills and I know how they roll. We have no chance in the world at staying within 3 touchdowns of Indy.

Take it to the bank.
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

no matter what the spread is for that game, Take $5000 and take Indy. It's can't miss!

I know the Bills and I know how they roll. We have no chance in the world at staying within 3 touchdowns of Indy.

Take it to the bank.
                    I know I sound Negitive and It’ll probably bother some people, but I’m usually one of the most positive and optimistic posters on this board.

I get ripped to shreds every year for explaining how we can make the playoffs after we start the year 4-5.

I was almost right in 2004.

But the fact remains, This is the lowest I’ve felt about this team in a long time.

Funny thing is, last time I felt this low was after the game in NE in 2004 when we got smoked. After that game we were 3-6 and I gave up all hope on the season. We then turned around and destroyed 6 teams in a row to go 9-6 and almost made the playoffs.

I hope I’m wrong again.
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

I'll play against Indy's defense over Chicago's or NE's any day. Maybe we stick to the run and Willis runs wild against an Indy D that hasn't been able to stop the run. Maybe JP gets a few lucky tosses to Lee Evans against a banged up Colts secondary--Doss is out for the season and Bob Sanders is dinged. Maybe the O eats up the clock, holds on to the ball, and keeps Peyton off the field. That's how we stayed in the game against NE and beat Minnesota.

Granted, the Colts are going to put up some points at home and we've shown no ability to put big scores on the board. But who knows, it might be worth watching. The Colts havent really been blowing people away this year. They've been in a lot of tight ones.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

I was so upset after the Miami debacle last year that I temporarily gave up and didn't watch the next televised game.

Sometimes you just need a mental health day. But you can't give up for more than a week or so, and you can't stop going to the home games. Not if you're a true Bills' nut.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BAM
                          • Sep 2003

I thought Cincy was gonna crush us last year. Thank God I watched!

Comment

• Romes
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            Patrick we must stay strong. I know it has been 7 years but we can't give up now.
                            "stay strong" = take naps
                            Originally posted by paladin warrior
                            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

This is big for me.

I remember being 6 and hoping that when they went to New York for updates they’d show some of the Bills game that wasn’t sold out.

When I was 8 I remember sitting by the radio and listening to Greg Bell go for 80 some yards on the first play of the game and going on to beat Dallas.

I went to most of the games in 87 and 88, I missed only the weeks that I had Little Loop games on Sunday afternoon.

Since 1987, I’ve watched just about every single game played except for when I was playing and one game when I was in Florida but listened to ESPN radio while in Disney World and had the game taped so I could watch it when I got home. (We beat the Steelers)

I’ve been to nearly every game since the mid point of the 1988 season when I was 12. I missed 2 for hunting season (I was too young to drive home by myself) and the aforementioned game while I was in Florida.

I’ve planned my Children’s births so they don’t interfere with Bills season, I set up each of their Christenings during bye weeks (including this Sunday). And I’ve been to Cleveland twice to watch the Bills win.

I just don’t miss Bills games.

But now we have Indy on the horizon. It’s going to be a train wreck. And I can only think that there has got to be something better for me to do that weekend.

Why should I subject myself to Manning throwing for 400 yards and 5 TD’s and JP throwing for 100 yards and 2 picks and 2 fumbles. I’m sorry, I don’t mean to make this into an anti-JP thread, I’m sure he’s going to have very good numbers in that Packers game, but Indy is going to chew him up and spit him out.

This game is going to be terrible.

I’m not looking forward to it.

Sure I’ll probably end up watching, but I wish I didn’t have to.
                              Now I know why your posts are so bad. You're only 16 years old.

Comment

Working...
                              X