PDA

View Full Version : Players I hope we are scouting

kernowboy
10-27-2006, 10:31 AM
I know everyone has their opinion as to who we should draft next year despite there being 9 games to go and there being a range of choice at QB and OL etc but I just hope that Tom Modrak is scouting players like this

Eric Weddle, Utah Aggies, 5ft11.5, 202lbs, 4.45 in the 40yds, experience of coming up against WR like Calvin Johnson and Hank Baskett. Has experience of CB and SS.

Players like this will be available toward the end of Day1/start of Day2 and will add considerably to the quality of the roster. He could potentially back up McGee, Youboty and Simpson or even step up

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/eric_weddle.html
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/interviews/ericweddle/ericweddle.html

I already want to re-do my mock draft !!!!!

Being based in England, I am unfamiliar with all but a number of the big college stars unless I stumble across somebody who's had a good week.

Are there other good potential players at other position who outside of Rounds 1 & 2 deserve a very long look?

TigerJ
10-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Are there other good potential players at other position who outside of Rounds 1 & 2 deserve a very long look?

Always!

I think a LB like Buster Davis would be ideal in Buffalo's defense, but he's probably a second rounder. If the Bills are looking for a backup/eventual replacement for London Fletcher, they might tab a guy like Kelvin Smith our of Syracuse in round 6, or Clint Session of Pittsburgh in round 4. both have good speed for the Tampa 2

kernowboy
10-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Always!

I think a LB like Buster Davis would be ideal in Buffalo's defense, but he's probably a second rounder. If the Bills are looking for a backup/eventual replacement for London Fletcher, they might tab a guy like Kelvin Smith our of Syracuse in round 6, or Clint Session of Pittsburgh in round 4. both have good speed for the Tampa 2

My slight concern about Smith is that NFLDraftCountdown have him as overrated but I guess thats just one opinion. Justin Durant from Hampton seems to be held in high opinion but he's an OLB. They may end up moving Crowell inside.

Also wonder what people think of Clifton Dawson RB of Harvard? I wonder if he could be quite some steal

kernowboy
10-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Actually as a system that relies on the intelligence of players, shouldn't we be looking at Ivy League possibilities for the D. Marcellus Willey was ok for us