PDA

View Full Version : Don't ge cocky and ruin this for everyone!!!!!

jamze132
10-27-2006, 10:59 AM
I read a lot of posts from people who are getting cocky about the Sabres and how crappy an opponent is, before we even play them.

Let's not get overconfident and jinx this thing. The Sabres are working their asses off and it is really showing. If you are like me and want to enjoy this for a little while longer, then do not knock on any freakin' wood!

GO SABRES!

scott51
10-27-2006, 12:25 PM
I read a lot of posts from people who are getting cocky about the Sabres and how crappy an opponent is, before we even play them.

Let's not get overconfident and jinx this thing. The Sabres are working their asses off and it is really showing. If you are like me and want to enjoy this for a little while longer, then do not knock on any freakin' wood!

GO SABRES!

Does this mean its too early to have a Buffalo Sabres Stanley Cup Champions T-shirt made?

J/K, you're right it is too early. If we were to lose the next 62 games, no one would ever remember the fast start! I am still saying we will finish with 20-25 losses. That's been my prediction from the start.

don137
10-27-2006, 12:40 PM
I am confident that this will be a year to truly cherish and enjoy just like those memorable days of the french connection or the days of Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Bruce and Talley.
Last year proved you can't get overly cocky because you never know what can happen. The Sabres were the best team in the playoffs last year but with injuries knocking out 4 out of your top 6 defensemen for most of the conference championship the cup was raised in Raleigh instead of Buffalo. Because no one can predict the future you can't be cocky. Just enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

JD
10-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Well thank you captain obvious, another waste of a post.

I am simply saying that Atlanta isnt as good as everyone is giving them credit for. Did you watch the Atlanta/Philly game? I would assume not. Philly skated with them and at some points outskated the Thrashers.

If we can unleash a whooping on Philly, and Philly beat Atlanta.. what does that say? The truth is that Atlanta hasnt beaten anyone worth mentioning and lost to Carolina twice.

If we can stay out of the box, I garauntee a win.

SkateZilla
10-27-2006, 01:45 PM
the injuries will do it for us...

JD
10-27-2006, 01:59 PM
5-0 loss to Atlanta last year..

Atlanta's Slava Kozlov said it was clear the Sabres missed Ruff.

"The Sabres did not show up tonight for one reason and that's their coach," Kozlov said. "He was not here today and I think all their minds were on him."

JD
10-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah Skate, because we've never played through injuries right? :rolleyes:

CuseJetsFan83
10-27-2006, 02:04 PM
im telling you, trying to assume via logic is dumb....... thats like saying

the jets are teh greatest team because they beat this team, who beat this team, who beat this team, because this team is the defending champ........

each game is their own.... yes the others will have a part in it, but you cant just win by assuming...

with that logic, the first game we had we won the stanley cup since they are the defending champs.........

JD
10-27-2006, 02:18 PM
not really. teams change over the summer, what happend last year has nothing to do with this year.

jamze132
10-27-2006, 04:39 PM
not really. teams change over the summer, what happend last year has nothing to do with this year.
Are you serious? I understand that teams change, but come on...

Implying that Atlanta will be no contest for us because we destroyed Philly and they didn't is rediculous. Any team in the NHL can beat any other team in the NHL on any given day. You have heard this a million times.

I am not discounting Atlanta. You say they have played crappy teams... And? Who's to say that they didn't have their **** together when they got outplayed by Philly? Did I watch the game? No I didn't, I didn't have to. Every team WILL have bad games and great games.

I know the Sabres are a better team than Atlanta but it doesn't mean we will beat them. The Sabres were a better team than Carolina last year. On Paper, the Senators were a better team than Buffalo. And the New York Mets were a better team than the ****in Cardinals. Bottom line is **** happens.

Let's not get over confident, as I have pointed out **** doesn't always go according to plan.

Philagape
10-27-2006, 05:27 PM
We are absolutely, overwhelmingly the best 10-0 team in the league right now. :D

JD
10-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Are you serious? I understand that teams change, but come on...

Implying that Atlanta will be no contest for us because we destroyed Philly and they didn't is rediculous. Any team in the NHL can beat any other team in the NHL on any given day. You have heard this a million times.

I am not discounting Atlanta. You say they have played crappy teams... And? Who's to say that they didn't have their **** together when they got outplayed by Philly? Did I watch the game? No I didn't, I didn't have to. Every team WILL have bad games and great games.

I know the Sabres are a better team than Atlanta but it doesn't mean we will beat them. The Sabres were a better team than Carolina last year. On Paper, the Senators were a better team than Buffalo. And the New York Mets were a better team than the ****in Cardinals. Bottom line is **** happens.

Let's not get over confident, as I have pointed out **** doesn't always go according to plan.
Who said no contest? It's going to be a contest, its just that the Sabres are going to win it. Whats wrong with being a little cocky? You act like what we say effects the outcome of the game, I'd assume you believe in "jnyxs" too right? :lmao:

We've waited a while to be this damn good, and I can be as cocky as I want to be. Ten years from now when we suck, I wont have a chance to be cocky.. ya see? So calm yourself.

SABuffalo786
10-28-2006, 12:41 AM
I garauntee a win.

Oh Christ, we have Jaane Ninimma posting heren now...

pyrrhonist
10-28-2006, 02:36 AM
It should come as no shock to you, jamze. Ever since I've been a member of these boards (Either here, or at TP), there has always been a degree of being too proud. Now, with the winning having returned, it's gotten worse. I love this team, and I know that they are a great team this year. However, there is no chance in Hell:

A) This team has sealed a Cup victory yet
B) This team is the best of all-time (I think the old Habs, Isles, and Oilers teams might have a problem with that assessment)

I think a fan, although strong in his/her support for their team, must always stay grounded in reality. Each game has to be taken 1 at a time. Atlanta may not have made the playoffs ever, and they might not be as good as their record indicates, but they have just as good a chance at beating Buffalo as the next team.

That being said....Let's go, Buff-a-lo!! :dance:

CuseJetsFan83
10-28-2006, 02:57 AM
this is a great team, and is showing signs of it........ but it has the target on its back, and until its down and beaten, it will stay that way................

but to use logic of say......... the bills beat the vikings, the vikings nearly beat the bears, therefore the bills may beat the bears is just assanine...... and look what happened there........

just like with any sport, anything can happen at any time, and it does

jamze132
10-28-2006, 03:07 AM
Let's not get offended here from a statement i made. I am enjoying every minute of this run as much as the rest of you. But with my luck, (which is the worst in the history of humans) I am accustomed to be disapointed when I and other fans start getting cocky about our team. I am guitly of it as well which is why i have vowed to never talk smack about another opponent. I am guilty of talking smack about the Cardinals this year, since I am a diehard Mets fan and as well as talking smack about the Hurricane's last year.

Basically every time i talk smack about our oppenent, it comes back to haunt me and I want to enjoy this ride the Sabres are taking us on for a long time. it has been a while for all of us. :respect:

CuseJetsFan83
10-28-2006, 04:17 AM
Let's not get offended here from a statement i made. I am enjoying every minute of this run as much as the rest of you. But with my luck, (which is the worst in the history of humans) I am accustomed to be disapointed when I and other fans start getting cocky about our team. I am guitly of it as well which is why i have vowed to never talk smack about another opponent. I am guilty of talking smack about the Cardinals this year, since I am a diehard Mets fan and as well as talking smack about the Hurricane's last year.

Basically every time i talk smack about our oppenent, it comes back to haunt me and I want to enjoy this ride the Sabres are taking us on for a long time. it has been a while for all of us. :respect:

same here............. and look what happened..... the cards stole our WS.....

funny thing is.... im watching the commercials... and did you notice the baseball commercial all along had a cardinals like team winning "the series"

yes i know anheiser-busch owns bud, as well as was the namesake for busch stadium....... but... yeah....... cahoots maybe? lol

Typ0
10-28-2006, 07:11 AM

Buffalo sports fans are used to being disappointed...that doesn't mean we are always going to be disappointed.

jamze132
10-29-2006, 08:12 AM
what did I say?

SABuffalo786
10-29-2006, 08:24 AM
If we can stay out of the box, I garauntee a win.

:mad:

JD
10-29-2006, 02:35 PM
:sadwalk:

81-0-1! :D