How bad is it being a Bills fan right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

How bad is it being a Bills fan right now?

There just isn't anything to get excited about, whether we're talking about this year or next year. This year is over and I don't have much hope for this coaching staff and front office to lead us to the promise land. Please, everybody...help me find something to get excited about regarding this team?!?!

Suggestions...?
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: How bad is it being a Bills fan right now?

we aren't going to lose this week?

I don't really think it's that bad. We need to give them some time. The TD era left us with some talent in some areas but lacking talent in others. Maybe they can get it together in the weak areas and we can become a contender. Maybe JP will start to get his act together. I see bad patters with him but he can be replaced too.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0

I don't really think it's that bad. We need to give them some time. The TD era left us with some talent in some areas but lacking talent in others. Maybe they can get it together in the weak areas and we can become a contender. Maybe JP will start to get his act together. I see bad patters with him but he can be replaced too.
      Ok, good start, but there a lot of "maybes" in your statement and that is the part that bugs me about this organization. "Maybe" Marv will end up knowing what he is doing..."maybe" Dickey will end up being a good HC..."maybe" JP will show he can play...maybe, maybe, maybe. Seriously, I'm tired of that and wish that this organization would stop with the "wishing" moves and make moves that WILL improve the team. Such as, hiring a proven winner for a HC and not a guy that has been shown to be a loser. Or hiring a proven GM (I know, TD was it, but that didn't workout and there were signs in Pittsburgh that suggested this guy wasn't the right choice) who knows how to build a winning organization. Just expressing my frustrations...sorry.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I've seen it worse. Much worse. With an older squad. This is a young team, with no where to go but up. I hope
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

I dont think its bad.

I think right now, its embarassing.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

well lets just run some sprints and call it a day.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
              Ok, good start, but there a lot of "maybes" in your statement and that is the part that bugs me about this organization. "Maybe" Marv will end up knowing what he is doing..."maybe" Dickey will end up being a good HC..."maybe" JP will show he can play...maybe, maybe, maybe. Seriously, I'm tired of that and wish that this organization would stop with the "wishing" moves and make moves that WILL improve the team. Such as, hiring a proven winner for a HC and not a guy that has been shown to be a loser. Or hiring a proven GM (I know, TD was it, but that didn't workout and there were signs in Pittsburgh that suggested this guy wasn't the right choice) who knows how to build a winning organization. Just expressing my frustrations...sorry.
              Sports is one big 'Maybe' until you actually prove something on the playing field. That's what makes it exciting...the outcome isn't necessarily a given, or cut and dried.

A proven coach? How about Parcells who really hasn't done dick since he left the Giants or Schotty, who hasn't done dick EVER.

A proven GM? I hear Tom Donahoe's available.

Look on the bright side...this year's Bills team could be the equivilant of the Sabres from two years ago...maybe even last year.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Why is it bad?

Its your team, they have a great history, will have a great future, and are going through a slump at present like all teams do.

It would be worse if you were a Bills fan awaiting their next home game at the LA Coliseum .....

just a thought

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                  Why is it bad?

Its your team, they have a great history, will have a great future, and are going through a slump at present like all teams do.

It would be worse if you were a Bills fan awaiting their next home game at the LA Coliseum .....

just a thought
                  what have you seen to suggest a great future? Its questionable if this team will be here in five years.. and as for a slump, 7 playoff-less seasons in a row is getting 1990s Bengal'ish real quick.

You are right though, it could be far worse.. Good point about LA

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                    Sports is one big 'Maybe' until you actually prove something on the playing field. That's what makes it exciting...the outcome isn't necessarily a given, or cut and dried.

A proven coach? How about Parcells who really hasn't done dick since he left the Giants or Schotty, who hasn't done dick EVER.

Look on the bright side...this year's Bills team could be the equivilant of the Sabres from two years ago...maybe even last year.
                    I hear ya, but I'm pretty comfortable stating that this team is not going to end up being like the Sabres. We brought in a veteran coach because we didn't want a rookie HC. Well, this veteran HC has lost to Mangini and Marinelli...2 rookie HC's...not a good thing when one of the reasons was because we didn't want to put up with the learning curve of a rookie HC. Your guess is as good as mine on Marv, but I didn't like the hiring of Dickey back then and I don't like it now. The hiring of a good HC is the most important part for a GM and Marv hired Dickey because he was comfortable with him, not because he was the best fit. I remember TD hiring somebody that he was comfortable with...how'd that work out?

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kernowboy
                      Why is it bad?

just a thought
                      Here's a thought...if this franchise doesn't turn it around quickly...the fans in LA will have a team to root for, but I'm sure you didn't think about that...did you?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

This week is hard to be a Bills fan, I hate bye weeks. =( However, I will say that I am excited about our OL tweaks. I cant wait to see how they turn out. And Im hoping that JP will fix some of his problems and come out and destroy GB next week.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                          This week is hard to be a Bills fan, I hate bye weeks. =( However, I will say that I am excited about our OL tweaks. I cant wait to see how they turn out. And Im hoping that JP will fix some of his problems and come out and destroy GB next week.
                          Now, that I can live with...good optimistic view.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Typ0

Amen, hopefully JP does pick it up. Dead on about TD, he seemed to get good skill players but lacked the ability to draft good linemen. Btw, cute kid in your sig man!

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat

Parcells is a bad example...he turned the JETS and Patriots, both with a long history of losing into playoff teams in just a couple years. He probably would have done the same thing with the Cowboys who have been poor for quite a few years now had it not been for Jerry Jones.

Comment

Working...
                              X