PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody read the article about Jeremy Jacobs in the Buffalo News?

Nighthawk
10-27-2006, 05:53 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061027/1040557.asp

They asked him if he is going to be a player when the Bills are finally for sale and he said...I don't know. As I read it, it sounded like he is not really interested in purchasing the team as it stands right now. He mentioned the fact that "the Ralph" is an old stadium and it pretty much confirmed what I have been saying on this board for years...the Bills NEED a new stadium if they're to stay in Buffalo. This isn't just talk, it is fact and it now is in the press from the mouth of one of the potential buyers. This is why I don't understand why we are going to waste 20-30 million dollars on improvements to the Ralph, when we could just put it towards the building of a new facility. Of course, this is Buffalo! :oops:

patmoran2006
10-27-2006, 06:01 PM
he actually commented more on the small-market thing and difficulties with that.

Good article by the way, I like Jacobs. I'd love for him to own the Bills someday.

Nighthawk
10-27-2006, 06:06 PM
he actually commented more on the small-market thing and difficulties with that.

Good article by the way, I like Jacobs. I'd love for him to own the Bills someday.

My point is, this team is not going to be here without a new stadium and he pretty much said that without saying it...if you know what I mean.

patmoran2006
10-27-2006, 06:10 PM
hard to argue that.

Ickybaluky
10-27-2006, 07:46 PM
I guess the cheap bastard has been too busy ruining the Bruins to buy the Bills.

SquishDaFish
10-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Yea im not too happy with him owning the Bruins. He is one cheap bastard. Maybe it would be different if he owned a football team?? Prob not though.

Nighthawk
10-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Yea im not too happy with him owning the Bruins. He is one cheap bastard. Maybe it would be different if he owned a football team?? Prob not though.

Hey, he couldn't be worse than Ralphy...could he?

G. Host
10-27-2006, 09:30 PM
This is why I don't understand why we are going to waste 20-30 million dollars on improvements to the Ralph, when we could just put it towards the building of a new facility. Of course, this is Buffalo!

Some say it is a waste to spend any money at all on Bills for they are going out of area no matter what; some say is a waste to invest any money on Bills for it is a bad deal.

I think each is pushing there own agenda no matter which way facts lie. Sort of like the board.

jamze132
10-28-2006, 03:50 AM
Well if Buffalo is going to be playing here 5 years and beyond, someone very rich who loves the Bills with passion will have to step up and buy the team. The other option is to do what Green Bay did, but I don't know if that is feasable in Buffalo.

Jan Reimers
10-28-2006, 04:44 AM
I think Jacobs was just playing it cute and close to the vest, so as not to tip his hand. If he is at all interested, he doesn't want to jump all over it - so that he can play it cool in the negotiation process, if it comes to that. He is, first and foremost, a businessman, and the deal would have to make business sense.

A new waterfront stadium, built with a combination of public and private funds, would make the Bills far more attractive to Jacobs and any other potential suitor.

ddaryl
10-28-2006, 04:54 AM
Well if Buffalo is going to be playing here 5 years and beyond, someone very rich who loves the Bills with passion will have to step up and buy the team. The other option is to do what Green Bay did, but I don't know if that is feasable in Buffalo.

Greenbay is the only team and the last team to be able to have a share based fan ownership of a team. The NFL adopted new rules soon after Greenbay made there's to prevent other cities and teams from doing what Greenbay has successfully done.

The last thing the NFL wants is fan ownership, they want the power to quickly move unprofittable teams to bigger markets, and when there are a few 100,000 fans with partial ownership in a given city, the chances of moving that team becomes slimmer.

IMO this sucks because there would be more then enough interest in keeping the Bills in Buffalo via fan interest/purchase plan.

Historian
10-28-2006, 06:41 AM
I know I would buy in.

Meathead
10-28-2006, 06:44 AM
two words: gall i sane no

ICE74129
10-28-2006, 08:32 AM
We don't want him as an owner. He is ruining the franchise he has. He is easilly as cheap as ralph. We don't want him.