PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2K7 or NHL07

BADTHINGSMAN
10-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Im thinking of picking up one of these games, any recommendations??

Nighthawk
10-27-2006, 06:15 PM
What console are you buying it for? I have the Xbox360 and NHL2k7 is definitely deeper than EA's hockey. The new camera angle is amazing and it is extremely fun to play. That being said, I have heard good things about the new "shooting stick" in NHL07. Tough call...

Iehoshua
10-27-2006, 06:17 PM
After reading multiple reviews, I went with NHL 07. Haven't gotten into it enough to be able to make a real call on it, however, especially since I'm still learning the game of hockey itself...

SkateZilla
10-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Rented Both.... Ended Up Buying 2K7, and Phyrrrhonist (sp) and I Both play it online)

The Short and Skinny of It,

2K, Other than the Re-Skinned old menus (which look a lot better now), the game is drastically improved in the graphics department and Sound Department..

EA took a great idea and ruined it with overdone GFX (leading to Fr/Rate Chugs)

My Scores...

Graphics:
2K7 : 9.4
EA'07 : 9.0
Explanation: Again, Frame Rate Chugs Drive the score down, i don't care how beautiful the game looks, if it cant even sustain 30 Frames/Sec then its got issues, poor coding or just over did the Special Effects And Shaders... Find a Balance Between Beautiful and Fluidity EA..... you shouldn't get chugs on a 9.6 Ghz 3x Core Machine... and the 1K Fog Misconception, is actually the Refection of the ICE on the Glass.....

Sound:
2K7 : 9.5
EA'07 : 8.5
Explanation:
EA Has Very Little on ice sounds, and you cannot use your own music (licensing reasons), 2K has awesome on ice presence, and the ability to use your own music, which opens the door for custom ditties, horns and stuff... (download , Burn to CDRW and Copy to Hard disk), I already have my own 400+ Custom Faded/Reverbed Ditties made and on the Hard disk, more to be added soon...

General Menus/Depth:
2k7 : 9.0
EA'07 : 8.2
Explanation:
Though they (EA) have swoof menus, and all the 2 way contracts and all that stuff, the coding is porked, the stuff rarely works, free agents in franchise mode are rare .. contract engine is just totally .. blah... 2K Just Re-Skinned their Menu's... Again.. but at least their Franchise Mode Works.. this year...and they look awesome in the new color scheme...

Game play/Physics:
2K7 : 9.0
EA'07 : 8.5
Explanation:
Im not gonna lie to you, EA has a good idea with the deking and the puck being separate entity from the stick, but other than the new physics and puck properties, the AI seem to just figure skate around..... and oh, the FRAME RATE DROPS!!!
with 2K its pretty much the same, oh, drop pass button, and new skating animations, cinemotion... oh my..... but it works....., the Custom Music Plays Correctly now, the New Skating animations looks superb once the game play speed is adjusted to a decent level...

Totals:
2k7 : 36.9/40
EA'07 : 34.2/40

The Skinny:
EA Bought Frame Rate Chugging Code from 2k Sports... and tried to swoof it up with excessive reflection and bump mapping, and the separate puck physics..

2K Polished their already well known gameplay engine and added much needed skating animations, and stream lined their Graphics Engine, oh Cinimotion, the score overlay is nice as well as the entire presentation (sorta Trans Comcast)... and they fixed other Memory issues as well....

The Skinny for PS2/Xbox1:

EA completely Ignored their Xbox1 Code or something, bugs Up the Wazoo...

2k Basically Took 2K6 /2k5 Aspects, Crammed them together with some updated stuff and new rosters... what else did you expect?

2K Review Scores:
IGN:
8.9 - Total
9.5 - Presentation
9.0 - Graphics
7.5 - Sound
8.5 - Gameplay
9.0 - Lasting Appeal

GameSpot:
8.3 - Total
9.0 - Gameplay
8.0 - Graphics
8.0 - Sound
8.0 - Value
8.0 - Tilt

07 Review Scores:

IGN:
8.7 - Total
8.0 - Presentation
9.0 - Graphics
9.0 - Sound
9.0 - Gameplay
7.5 - Lasting Appeal

Gamespot:
8.2 - Total
8.0 - Gameplay
9.0 - Graphics
8.0 - Sound
6.0 - Value
9.0 - Tilt

Iehoshua
10-27-2006, 07:46 PM
So I f'ed up?

:(

BADTHINGSMAN
10-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Thanks everyone, it is for the 360.. I shall go with 2K7 Thanks again..

GThirst
10-27-2006, 09:43 PM
2k7 if you enjoy playing the same game for the last 3 years (and still hasn't returned to the fun awsomeness of 2k5 in compareison).

And if you like magnetic pucks and clunky wierd gameplay.

NHL 07 if you want featureless, but new and awsome gameplay.

They really both arnt worth $60. Basically, if you want options get 2k7. If you want fun gameplay and better graphics, get 07.

I havn't experienced any slow downs, and I've had a long time with the game.

SkateZilla
10-28-2006, 09:09 AM
2k7 if you enjoy playing the same game for the last 3 years (and still hasn't returned to the fun awsomeness of 2k5 in compareison).

And if you like magnetic pucks and clunky wierd gameplay.

NHL 07 if you want featureless, but new and awsome gameplay.

They really both arnt worth $60. Basically, if you want options get 2k7. If you want fun gameplay and better graphics, get 07.

I havn't experienced any slow downs, and I've had a long time with the game.

2k7 Runs Fluidly on the 360, no frame rate chugs at all, EA onthe Other hand...... feels like the game is running on a SNES

RockStar36
10-28-2006, 10:02 AM
I prefer EA games myself. I had both EA and 2K last year for X-Box and EA was better, however I haven't played 2K for 360 yet.

The shooting stick is a pain in the ass. Imagine trying to skate w/ the left thumbstick and moving the right around to shoot. It's extremely hard to get used to.