Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Just saw the interview with Chad Johnson on NFL network... you cant help but like the guy... he may have an ego, but he just seems to be able to carry it off as having fun with it at the same time. He does not come off as a selfish egomaniac like some guys.

He was pretty funny. He said his mohawk is getting too long, and he might need to call it a Fro-hawk.

I sure wish we had a superstar on our team that had some charisma.
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: #85

Well I don't think he has to worry about the hawk. It will probably be shaved off after Sunday.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

He's a tool...but he sure backs it up on the field.

In the Cinci preseason game he was making acrobatic catches all over the place .

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

He might be a tool but he does back it up. And when push comes to shove, he isn't hurting the team when he talks. He is having fun. He is the complete opposite of TO.

D & S Sports

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

I dont think he is a tool. He is smart enough to have that #1 WR ego, without offending anybody or acting stupid. Its pretty funny, I heard he paid Houshmanzadeh's TD celebration fine, and said he wish he thought of that one.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
            • Mar 2004

I must have jinxed him. He was my highest spot WR taken on my FFL and he hasn't produced. Oh well, hopefully he can get back into form.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

I really don't care for the type of player who brags a lot and makes a big deal about endzone celebrations and stuff...but Chad Johnson seems able to carry it off without being a jerk about it. He has something that guys like TO will never dream of having...charisma
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

I miss his end zone celebrations. Both him and Steve Smith had some fun with it and always made it entertaining to watch when they scored. And then the No Fun League took it away....

Comment

• scott51
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by RockStar36
                  He might be a tool but he does back it up. And when push comes to shove, he isn't hurting the team when he talks. He is having fun. He is the complete opposite of TO.
                  I agree! I think what he is doing is having fun! Know who he reminds me of the way he talks? Shannon Sharpe!
                  Go Bills!
                  Go Sabres!

JP Losman, your time is up!

2007 Standings:
                  Buffalo Bills 7-9
                  New England Patriots 18-1*

Comment

• billsfairweatherfan
                    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by keithtr
                    Just saw the interview with Chad Johnson on NFL network... you cant help but like the guy... he may have an ego, but he just seems to be able to carry it off as having fun with it at the same time. He does not come off as a selfish egomaniac like some guys.

He was pretty funny. He said his mohawk is getting too long, and he might need to call it a Fro-hawk.

I sure wish we had a superstar on our team that had some charisma.
                    you want someone with a big mouth. well T.O. will be around soon.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfairweatherfan
                      you want someone with a big mouth. well T.O. will be around soon.
                      TO will never be a Bill...mark my words
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        TO will never be a Bill...mark my words

God I hope you would be wrong, if we had the shot at him, Id sign him in a second.

Your gonna say he'd tear this team apart, but after last year and the revolt we had he wouldnt bring in nothing new. Our team standards of the 90's glory years have greatly fallen.

As for CJ, he is amazing. I love the way he plays, and his celebrations and taunting. Needs to be more of it in the NFL.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          God I hope you would be wrong, if we had the shot at him, Id sign him in a second.
                          I respect Marv Levy and the Western NY community too much myself

Your gonna say he'd tear this team apart, but after last year and the revolt we had he wouldnt bring in nothing new. Our team standards of the 90's glory years have greatly fallen.
                          they haven't fallen to the level of scumbags like TO, Lawrence Phillips, and others of their ilk, thankfully

As for CJ, he is amazing. I love the way he plays, and his celebrations and taunting. Needs to be more of it in the NFL.
                          I disagree...there doesn't need to be. All-time greats like Jerry Rice, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, James Lofton, Tim Brown, etc didn't need celebrations...why should anyone else need them?
                          I don't have a problem with celebrations so long as they don't cross the line into taunting...which I don't see Chad doing.

Comment

• Kerr
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

He is amazing. I didn't even realize he went to high school with my wife until I saw his picture in her yearbook. Seems he's always been the entertainer.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

CJ seems to be having fun while not taking himself too seriously. TO, on the other hand, has to be at the center of everything, all the time.

While I prefer the players that Philster mentioned - and guys like Jim Brown long before them, who just handed the ball to the officials - CJ's celebrations seem to be in good fun.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X