PDA

View Full Version : #85

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Just saw the interview with Chad Johnson on NFL network... you cant help but like the guy... he may have an ego, but he just seems to be able to carry it off as having fun with it at the same time. He does not come off as a selfish egomaniac like some guys.

He was pretty funny. He said his mohawk is getting too long, and he might need to call it a Fro-hawk.

I sure wish we had a superstar on our team that had some charisma.

RockStar36
10-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Well I don't think he has to worry about the hawk. It will probably be shaved off after Sunday.

Historian
10-28-2006, 07:15 AM
He's a tool...but he sure backs it up on the field.

In the Cinci preseason game he was making acrobatic catches all over the place .

RockStar36
10-28-2006, 10:17 AM
He might be a tool but he does back it up. And when push comes to shove, he isn't hurting the team when he talks. He is having fun. He is the complete opposite of TO.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2006, 02:43 PM
I dont think he is a tool. He is smart enough to have that #1 WR ego, without offending anybody or acting stupid. Its pretty funny, I heard he paid Houshmanzadeh's TD celebration fine, and said he wish he thought of that one.

!Papacrunk!
10-28-2006, 04:21 PM
I must have jinxed him. He was my highest spot WR taken on my FFL and he hasn't produced. Oh well, hopefully he can get back into form.

The_Philster
10-28-2006, 04:23 PM
I really don't care for the type of player who brags a lot and makes a big deal about endzone celebrations and stuff...but Chad Johnson seems able to carry it off without being a jerk about it. He has something that guys like TO will never dream of having...charisma

Michael82
10-28-2006, 04:26 PM
I miss his end zone celebrations. Both him and Steve Smith had some fun with it and always made it entertaining to watch when they scored. And then the No Fun League took it away.... :sigh:

scott51
10-28-2006, 04:46 PM
He might be a tool but he does back it up. And when push comes to shove, he isn't hurting the team when he talks. He is having fun. He is the complete opposite of TO.

I agree! I think what he is doing is having fun! Know who he reminds me of the way he talks? Shannon Sharpe!

billsfairweatherfan
10-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Just saw the interview with Chad Johnson on NFL network... you cant help but like the guy... he may have an ego, but he just seems to be able to carry it off as having fun with it at the same time. He does not come off as a selfish egomaniac like some guys.

He was pretty funny. He said his mohawk is getting too long, and he might need to call it a Fro-hawk.

I sure wish we had a superstar on our team that had some charisma.
you want someone with a big mouth. well T.O. will be around soon.

The_Philster
10-28-2006, 05:23 PM
you want someone with a big mouth. well T.O. will be around soon.
TO will never be a Bill...mark my words

DraftBoy
10-28-2006, 07:00 PM
TO will never be a Bill...mark my words

God I hope you would be wrong, if we had the shot at him, Id sign him in a second.

Your gonna say he'd tear this team apart, but after last year and the revolt we had he wouldnt bring in nothing new. Our team standards of the 90's glory years have greatly fallen.

As for CJ, he is amazing. I love the way he plays, and his celebrations and taunting. Needs to be more of it in the NFL.

The_Philster
10-28-2006, 07:06 PM
God I hope you would be wrong, if we had the shot at him, Id sign him in a second. I respect Marv Levy and the Western NY community too much myself :idunno:

Your gonna say he'd tear this team apart, but after last year and the revolt we had he wouldnt bring in nothing new. Our team standards of the 90's glory years have greatly fallen. they haven't fallen to the level of scumbags like TO, Lawrence Phillips, and others of their ilk, thankfully :phew:

As for CJ, he is amazing. I love the way he plays, and his celebrations and taunting. Needs to be more of it in the NFL.I disagree...there doesn't need to be. All-time greats like Jerry Rice, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, James Lofton, Tim Brown, etc didn't need celebrations...why should anyone else need them?
I don't have a problem with celebrations so long as they don't cross the line into taunting...which I don't see Chad doing.

Kerr
10-28-2006, 10:41 PM
He is amazing. I didn't even realize he went to high school with my wife until I saw his picture in her yearbook. Seems he's always been the entertainer.

Jan Reimers
10-29-2006, 06:41 AM
CJ seems to be having fun while not taking himself too seriously. TO, on the other hand, has to be at the center of everything, all the time.

While I prefer the players that Philster mentioned - and guys like Jim Brown long before them, who just handed the ball to the officials - CJ's celebrations seem to be in good fun.

kernowboy
10-29-2006, 06:46 AM
A #85 who could also add hugely to the team and maybe more in an even great area of need is junior Texas A&M DT, Red Bryant - 6ft5, 325lbs, 5.08 in the 40

M
10-29-2006, 09:47 AM
I like CJ. He's having fun without being obnoxious (doesn't hurt that he's good too!). After all, football is a game - he should be having fun....

Michael82
10-29-2006, 10:23 AM
I like CJ. He's having fun without being obnoxious (doesn't hurt that he's good too!). After all, football is a game - he should be having fun....
you should tell that to the NFL because they have taken most of the fun out of the game. :ill:

BAM
10-29-2006, 01:18 PM
I love CJ! The only tools are the people that get offended by his actions. He's harmless.

Lee-83
10-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Ocho Cinco= The ****!

RockStar36
10-29-2006, 03:16 PM
So what was his guarantee? I know he got into the end zone once, but they lost. And I think he said that he will score multiple TD's. I think he's gonna have to shave his head now.

The_Philster
10-29-2006, 05:09 PM
So what was his guarantee? I know he got into the end zone once, but they lost. And I think he said that he will score multiple TD's. I think he's gonna have to shave his head now.
not sure what the bet was but yeah...he said 2 TDs

scott51
10-30-2006, 05:54 AM
God I hope you would be wrong, if we had the shot at him, Id sign him in a second.

Your gonna say he'd tear this team apart, but after last year and the revolt we had he wouldnt bring in nothing new. Our team standards of the 90's glory years have greatly fallen.

As for CJ, he is amazing. I love the way he plays, and his celebrations and taunting. Needs to be more of it in the NFL.

I want nothing to do with TO! My guess is he would be blasting JP before his 1st practice ended!