PDA

View Full Version : JP losman: NFL Draft Bio

patmoran2006
10-27-2006, 11:17 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/jp_losman

Absolutely amazing.. ALL The things that were considered a weakness in college are still a weakness nearly three years later in the pros..

Negatives: Has the nimble feet to avoid the rush but will take a sack rather than throw the ball away (holds on to the ball too long) … Vocal type, but still learning what it takes to be a leader (has made steady strides though) … Throws a nice, tight spiral, but needs to take a little zip off his short tosses … Shows good judgement most of the time, but has been known to throw into traffic when he can not elude the rush.

Richard Gozinya
10-27-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm running out of patience with JP as well, but his OL at Tulane was dog**** just like the one he has in Buffalo.

If you think Brady Quiff would do any better behind the 7 blocks of mantits, you need to keep your nose out of the paint thinner.

Inetpub
10-28-2006, 12:54 AM
whats with the haircut? :oops:

Typ0
10-28-2006, 02:42 AM
it's a sad fact he holds onto the ball too long and the coaches haven't been able to change this. His awareness on the field will probably get better the more he plays against NFL defenses but if he doesn't learn to get the ball out of there then he's not going to make it in this league.

jamze132
10-28-2006, 03:45 AM
I would think it would be common sense, if I am a QB and I don't want to be on my back all game, just throw the ball at someone!

lol. I know, I'm just kidding.

There is a lot more involeed in making a proper decision at the QB position. It really is a team game, if the line can't allow the QB the time needed to go through the proper reads, then the offense will suck. On the otherhand, if the QB can't make a decision fast enough, the offense will suck. It's hard to find the medium. Most teams don;t have it on a consistent basis.

kernowboy
10-28-2006, 04:16 AM
Very nimble and agile in his pass setup, showing outstanding balance … Throws a nice, tight spiral with a good spin and a short, quick release … Has the arm strength to make all the throws (short, long, intermediate) … Stands tall under pressure and shows good courage taking a hit rather than throwing into traffic … Gets outstanding placement and accuracy on his short tosses, putting enough zip on the ball to fire away from the defender in tight coverage … … Can slide and elude the pass rush and has the ability to throw on the move …… Has the field vision and awareness to look off his primary target to find his second and third options … Competitive player who can handle hard coaching.

Above are some of the things they said positively about him and indeed he seems to have lost some of those positive traits, such as not locking on to his primary receiver. I do however recall last year that he spread the ball around far more than Holcomb did, indeed I suspect this is one of the reasons why me-first Moulds *****ed about him.

Also the previous regime forgot about the coaching side and were merely hard on him. I think that if Marv has said he's in until the end of the season, they've provided the carrot and its now time for the stick. He is a competitive player though I know some of you don't like his demeanor and I think he obviously wants to improve. We all regress and slide into bad habits occassionally, and it is up to the coaches to prove they have their ability to make all our players better.

Wraith
10-28-2006, 09:45 AM
The interesting thing about most of those negatives is that they are also listed as positives in the paragraph above (which you didn't bother to post, of course). Three of the four negatives are contradicted in some way in the positives (see the summary below with annotations).

That tells me two things: Quarter backing traits (like having courage in the pocket) are very subjective and heavily based on the result, and that these annecdotes were compiled from multiple scouts. If at least two PROFESSIONAL scouts can look at the same traits and classify them in opposite categories, it becomes easier to understand why there are so many Bills fans who see positives from Losman and why the Bills are being patient.

A summary:

Positives:

1) Two time captain.

2) Wide shoulders with good muscle development

3) Throws a nice tight spiral and a good, quick release.

4) Has the arm strength to make all the throws.

5) Stands tall under pressure and shows good courage taking a hit rather than throwing into traffic

6) Gets outstanding placement and accuracy on his short tosses, putting enough zip on the ball to fire away from the defener in tight coverage.

7) Knows how to hit the deep receiver in stride.

8) Can slide and elude pass rush and can throw on the move.

9) Very good timing on mid range throws.

10) Has field vision and awareness to look off his primary reciever.

11) Competitive player who can handle hard coaching.

Negatives:

1) Nimble feet to avoid rush but will take a sack rather than throw the ball away (listed as a positive in #5 above)

2) Vocal type but still learnig to be a leader (but making strides)

3) Throws a nice, tight spiral but needs to take zip of his short tosses. (contradicted by #6)

4) Shows good judgement most of the time but has thrown into traffic at times when rush unavoidable. (contradicted by #5 of the positives and #1 of the negatives)

Yasgur's Farm
10-28-2006, 10:03 AM
And to think that I've been accused of presenting a one sided argument.

Wraith
10-28-2006, 10:11 AM
This is a poster who tries to treat your desire for factual statements as a bad thing, who fails to comprehend the not so subtle difference between fact and opinion, and who does not understand the difference between quantitative and qualitative information.

I wouldn't take it personally.

Kerr
10-28-2006, 05:35 PM
very true.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2006, 05:38 PM
JP needs to grow a beard, that way his peers percieve him as more 'mature'. Heck, Plummer did it, Bradshaw did it, and Big Ben did it, and the beard worked wonders for them. That will solve all leadership, and bad decision making problems! ;)

Inetpub
10-28-2006, 05:44 PM
JP needs to grow a beard, that way his peers percieve him as more 'mature'. Heck, Plummer did it, Bradshaw did it, and Big Ben did it, and the beard worked wonders for them. That will solve all leadership, and bad decision making problems! ;)

I dont care what he does. Beard or maybe learn the game. Only as long as he fixes his ability to fumble and make the bad choices. And maybe even lead a team if thats a bonus.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2006, 05:48 PM
I dont care what he does. Beard or maybe learn the game. Only as long as he fixes his ability to fumble and make the bad choices. And maybe even lead a team if thats a bonus.
While it may be true, JP could learn the game of football without the beard. It is no mystery that a beard will give him an edge. And maybe, just maybe he should imitate ocho cinko's 'fro-hawk', just for assurance, incase the beard fails.

Devin
10-28-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm running out of patience with JP as well, but his OL at Tulane was dog**** just like the one he has in Buffalo.

If you think Brady Quiff would do any better behind the 7 blocks of mantits, you need to keep your nose out of the paint thinner.

Tulane is notorious for having horrid a OL. I watched many games when JP was there, how that kid wasnt murdered was beyond me.

Things didnt change much in the NFL, our OL is just about as bad only they are bigger and get paid.

JP has the tools, whether he will ever realize that is questionable.

billsfairweatherfan
10-28-2006, 11:44 PM
jp can grow corn if he wants to .it wont help him.he is no plummer or big ben..

BillsFever21
10-28-2006, 11:58 PM
There are always web sites for Matt Leinart and Chad Pennington for you to look at, Pat.

You know. That great Matt Leinart who is already a pro bowler in your eyes. The guy who lost to the RAIDERS and played terrible.

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2006, 12:19 AM
jp can grow corn if he wants to .it wont help him.he is no plummer or big ben..
:lmao:

Typ0
10-29-2006, 06:51 AM

that might work in pictures...but if he tries to sport that macho man look and then talks in that sissy voice of his people are just going to laugh at him.