PDA

View Full Version : Rookies Give Sinking Bills Hope

patmoran2006
10-28-2006, 10:12 AM
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Patrick_Moran/2006/10/28/Rookies_Give_Sinking_Bills_Hope

Forgive the spacing issues..

RockStar36
10-28-2006, 10:14 AM
I think Donte has the real potential to be a leader or captain of the defense in the next couple of years. Of course, that's me assuming that he is going to stay in Buffalo. I have a feeling that alot of young guys will hate it here, especially when they are used to winning in college.

patmoran2006
10-28-2006, 10:18 AM
I agree.. I think Whitner has leader written all over him, and obviously Levy saw that.

kernowboy
10-28-2006, 10:19 AM
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Patrick_Moran/2006/10/28/Rookies_Give_Sinking_Bills_Hope

Forgive the spacing issues..

The old man still knows what he's doing.

I particularly like the McCargo and Williams v Buckley and Ngata comparison. And he even missed out Brad Butler, who I think with a bit more weight could ultimately surplant Pennington on the right handside.

RockStar36
10-28-2006, 10:20 AM
An example of what I meant:

With a record of 2-5 not everything is going the way I want it to go. I want to win football games and this is the first time I've been on a losing team. I've never lost this many game in high school or at Ohio State.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4322

I've always had the thought that no matter what people like Willis would bolt at contract time because they don't want to play for a losing team. Especially when they lost rarely in college.

Makes me wonder what motivation free agents have for coming to Buffalo.

ParanoidAndroid
10-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Don't forget that while tackles are a decent indicator for LB and S production, a DT doesn't need to make a lot of tackles. Haloti Ngata has been drawing double teams on a regular basis and the Ravens defense looks awfully good with him up front.
Our DT's were supposed to be able to get into the backfield, but they aren't doing that. We still need someone a little bigger and nastier opposite Tripplett to keep the double teams off of him.

Typ0
10-28-2006, 12:45 PM
The old man still knows what he's doing.

I particularly like the McCargo and Williams v Buckley and Ngata comparison. And he even missed out Brad Butler, who I think with a bit more weight could ultimately surplant Pennington on the right handside.

is that anything like a handjob?

kernowboy
10-28-2006, 01:23 PM
is that anything like a handjob?

sorry your attempt at a joke escapes me

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2006, 09:03 PM
That was a good read, it got me psyched. Im excited about our rookies, and even though people arent too high on McCargo right now. I still think he will be a great pick for the Bill's.

patmoran2006
10-29-2006, 10:29 AM
McCargo played his best game before the broken foot.

I'm not sure he'll ever justify being a first rounder. But I think he's going to be a solid rotational tackle, and we've seen how well that style has worked for Chicago. Obvious, Marv still needs to get 1-2 more quality DL to make this rotation go.

Plus, I really dont think Marv gave a **** about draft position, he's thinking about the next 3-4 years when he picks, not who was rated where.

The only reason why I dont like the McCargo pick, is because we coulda had a future Pro Bowl anchor at center in Nick Mangold, and he wasn't exactly under the radar either.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Whitner and Simpson both have leaders written all over them. They both have been difference makers at times for us. I hope Whitner stays in Buffalo. Honestly, by the time his contract is up, we will be winning games by then. So if we are winning games and paying him money, I bet ya he will stick around with his boys.