PDA

View Full Version : Time is up for Mcnally!

Marvelous
10-28-2006, 03:58 PM
IMO
-MM hasn't done d!ck with our o-line and maybe it's teh talent but i'm not so sure anymore. We had Peters coming off a solid rook season, and a new decent center, Reyes, and the late round rooks.. And not much besides the consistency of mediocrity. I still can't believe how poor Gandy played against NE. I also can't believe i rewatched that game. But it was teh single worst LT game i've ever seen from the Bills.

Is it Mcnally? Does he just stay here and offer excuses based on the talent available to him? I say his time is up. We all know Gandy had a solid-average season last year and for him to struggle soo much this year is coaching!

/temper tauntrum off

kernowboy
10-28-2006, 04:43 PM
IMO
-MM hasn't done d!ck with our o-line and maybe it's teh talent but i'm not so sure anymore. We had Peters coming off a solid rook season, and a new decent center, Reyes, and the late round rooks.. And not much besides the consistency of mediocrity. I still can't believe how poor Gandy played against NE. I also can't believe i rewatched that game. But it was teh single worst LT game i've ever seen from the Bills.

Is it Mcnally? Does he just stay here and offer excuses based on the talent available to him? I say his time is up. We all know Gandy had a solid-average season last year and for him to struggle soo much this year is coaching!

/temper tauntrum off

I think even the great coaches occasionally need quality to work with. We have asked him to work with middling Free agent signings, often cut from other teams or simply not re-signed, and only Day 2 drafted players. After all in the last 11 years we have only drafted 3 OL players on day1

Even the great line coaches like Alex Gibbs, and Hudson Houck, have occasionally had the opportunity to work with Day1 draft picks and top free agents signings.

billsfairweatherfan
10-28-2006, 05:12 PM
IMO

/temper tauntrum off
hey your buying jp excuses .why not his.he teaches not play. blame the players who dont have the smarts to learn.

HAMMER
10-28-2006, 05:42 PM
I am a liitle skeptical of McNally at this point. Why would the Giants have let him go if he were such a great line coach, in fact their line stunk it up the last two years he was there.

MikeInRoch
10-28-2006, 05:43 PM
McNally is considered to be one of the best offensive line coaches in the league, BY other offensive line coaches in the league.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2006, 05:45 PM
He turned **** into gold with Peters. You cant expect him to perform miracles with every player. Get him some more talent and lets see what he can do.

OpIv37
10-28-2006, 06:02 PM
IMO

/temper tauntrum off

McNally has underperformed, but like I've said before, even a world-class chef can't make chicken salad with chicken ****. The FO has to give him something to work with.

That being said, he has a golden opportunity with this restructuring of the offensive line. If he can turn this bunch of cast-offs and low-round draft picks into a sufficient NFL offensive line, then he is truly deserving of his reputation. If not, it will be a tough call as to whether or not to retain him. It's pretty obvious that the OL lacks talent, but it becomes a double variable situation where it's impossible to tell if it's a lack of talent or McNally that is the source of the problem.

patmoran2006
10-28-2006, 07:50 PM
He's gone at season's end unless we turn it around.

Good title thread, very appropiate.

Bmax
10-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Are u kidding me !!!!! I see the blame game has moved on to Mcnally....Typical rush to blame anyone bills fans. With out mcnally peters would be gone ....Who do think has Pennington ready to step in and play...

Did Mcnally dump Reuben Brown..The bills haven't had a LG since he left...

Draft Mike Williams.. Everybody was saying he was a good RT .. Mcnally took one look and said he should move to guard.. At least that's what he said publicly.. He knew the guy was a bust...

I'm sure when donahoe was here Mcnally had little or no say on who the bills drafted or signed... i think that has changed under marv...

Better Qb play would help The OL...There have been times where JP has had the time and just held on to the ball too long...The run game needs work and maybe with some of the changes it will improve...

2007 should bring the Bills a New LG and RG Via the draft or FreeAgency..

SEVEN YEARS IS A ETERNITY BETWEEN PLAYOFF APPEARENCES BUT.. GETTING RID OF MCNALLY IS NOT THE ANSWER..

Bmax

Historian
10-29-2006, 06:37 AM
Yea, the guy can't make steak out of hamburger, sorry.

Marvelous
10-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Man, you guys alot of free passes to certain players & coaches.. Our offensive line has been mediocre at best.. With the worst game of the season being last week... WTF has Mouse done for us anyways? OOHH,,woow " other line coaches respect him".. Well the Giants staff must not be included in that group... I sttand by the fact that our line is worse then the players are.. There's no coaching.....

MikeInRoch
10-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Clearly I should go by your NFL credentials rather than actual NFL coaches. What are your credentials again??

bflojohn
10-30-2006, 12:50 AM
Let's see here... Jim McNally works for Dick Jauron and on the offensive staff with Steve Fairchild. The changes are made on the O-line with Peters shifting over and Pennington playing and Gandy sliding inside. Do you think that approval was warranted from these two gentlemen? The answer is a resounding YES! National Football League teams DO NOT make O-line changes unless there isn't any other way to fix a specific problem. Therefore, Jim McNally is grooming a 7th rounder, who after 1/2 of the season is promoted from the #1 swing tackle (back-up at both OLT and ORT) to the starter. IF they pull this off after grooming a free agent TE to play ORT, and now moved to OLT, then Jim McNally should be the first assistant coach put on the wall of fame, my friends!! Oh, and by the way, Aaron Merz played PRETTY CREDIBLE football himself at OLG last time they lined up, so maybr the cupboard is finally filling up after all these horrible years of OL woes!!!!

justasportsfan
10-30-2006, 09:20 AM
He's gone at season's end unless we turn it around.

Good title thread, very appropiate.
Don't think so. Not if Marv has something to say about it. Wait! he does.

I thought MM could turn scrubs into a cohessive unit. Turns out he can't . I think next year MArv gives him more than average players next year if this OL doesn't improve. I doubt Marv let's him go though.

TD ruined alot of careers. MM is one of them.

bigbub2352
10-30-2006, 09:41 AM
I dont think the problem is McNally, i think it has to do with the talent that has been brought in here for a reason, Remeber these guys wer not drafted or cut or 6-7thround draft picks for a reason, BRAINS, what isee when watching the game is not so much the bad or missed blocks, but that they have trouble picking up schemes and and switch blocking, that is brains u have to know when to call it on the line coaching cant teach you that, it is instinct, and when u get problems both pass blocking and run blocking, then it is the overall talent of the line that should be questioned not the guy coaching it, face it we have duds here right now, and because the Oline was neglected for so long now we have to weight again for the development ofthe youngins, Pennington, Merz, Preston, Butler, and Peters