PDA

View Full Version : Jauron Interview

ghz in pittsburgh
10-28-2006, 10:09 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Buffalo/Features/2006/jauron102806.htm

Two intersting point to me:

--
We look at J.P. as a rookie quarterback. He hasn’t played much, and he hadn’t played at all in this system. So, in my opinion, he’s progressed consistently up to this point. It doesn’t mean he’s played well in certain games. But I believe you learn through mistakes also. And as long as he’s learning through those mistakes, and they don’t repeat themselves over and over again, we’re going to be OK. And he’s going to be a good one.
--

I don't believe you can evaluate JP as a rookie; that's much too easier on him. You don't learn how to adjust to NFL life, on and off field, in your third year. I begin to think that we are certainly going to see JP quarterbacking the Bills next year because any reasonable staff would want to see how a player does/improves in his second year, let alone a 1st round QB.

On defense:
--
They buy into it — I’m not sure they completely bought into it. By that I mean they like it. I believe our players like what we’re doing. They want to do it. But they don’t understand yet how totally involved and invested you have to be in the scheme to make it work, to win consistently. And that’s where we are.
--

So who does Jauron refer to here? Certainly not D-Linemen. All D-Linemen like Tampa 2 system because it's about as simple for them as it can be: shoot the gap, sack the QB, pile up stats, don't worry about holding up the fort. The secondary? Maybe McGee because he had a tough time adjusting to the scheme. Clements is doing fine and is on his way out of Buffalo. The rookie safeties are learning their first system in NFL and should have nothing to complain. And that leads us to the linebackers. In the old system, the D-Linemen funnel plays to linebackers. Now the linebackers have a lot more coverage responsibility to allow D-Linemen to sack the QB, and they shoulder more chances of fighting through O-Linemen to tackle a running back. For veterans like Fletcher-Baker and Spikes, I wonder if they truly bought into the system.

PECKERWOOD
10-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Fletcher has already been in the system before, in St.Louis. I cant tell you that he likes the system, I can tell you that he understands it well, though. I think Spikes is having some trouble with the system, but I am pretty confident that he will pick it up sometime this season and have a monster game. McGee needs to improve more, he is giving WR's too much cushion, and that is why he is having alot of problems. He needs to play the WR close and use his speed to make up for it incase he is burnt. It will come with time, hopefully our players start to get comfortable in the system soon.

Typ0
10-28-2006, 11:24 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Buffalo/Features/2006/jauron102806.htm

Two intersting point to me:

--
We look at J.P. as a rookie quarterback. He hasn’t played much, and he hadn’t played at all in this system. So, in my opinion, he’s progressed consistently up to this point. It doesn’t mean he’s played well in certain games. But I believe you learn through mistakes also. And as long as he’s learning through those mistakes, and they don’t repeat themselves over and over again, we’re going to be OK. And he’s going to be a good one.
--

I don't believe you can evaluate JP as a rookie; that's much too easier on him. You don't learn how to adjust to NFL life, on and off field, in your third year. I begin to think that we are certainly going to see JP quarterbacking the Bills next year because any reasonable staff would want to see how a player does/improves in his second year, let alone a 1st round QB.

sounds to me like DJ is setting himself up in the media to dump JP. He's clearly making the same mistakes over and over again. He's doing the political favor of referring to JP as a rookie.

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2006, 12:22 AM
I hope JP fixes his stuff. Boy, I would hate to see another year of fumblerama.