PDA

View Full Version : Damn! Tallinder out for 2 months!

Nighthawk
10-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Broken arm...what the hell, is this guy injury prone? Two broken arms in under a year...uggh!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-28-2006, 11:08 PM
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Buffalo defenseman Henrik Tallinder has a broken left arm and the Sabres said he will miss up to two months. He is scheduled to undergo surgery on Sunday.

Tallinder was hurt in Buffalo's 3-0 victory over the New York Islanders on Thursday night, and missed Buffalo's 5-4 shootout loss to Atlanta on Saturday, the Sabres' first of the season.

It is the same arm he broke in a collision along the boards in Game 3 of last season's Eastern Conference finals against Carolina.
http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/9761823

Typ0
10-28-2006, 11:13 PM
This is not good for Tallinder. We may just see him in partial duty for the rest of the season.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-28-2006, 11:21 PM
looks like Paetsch is going to take his spot I thought he played well tonight

Typ0
10-28-2006, 11:35 PM

I think the fact that he was in there contributed to our losing to be honest. Nothing against his play but a few times I saw our guys working hard to get him involved and up to speed. That is a good thing but it threw off the general flow we've had all along. It's also a good thing because now we can work on getting that flow going with a deeper bench of guys.

SABuffalo786
10-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Tough break for Hank (no pun intended).

Paetsch will be fine.

redeye5
10-29-2006, 12:21 AM
omg. here we go again........HOT Team....a couple of injuries and we are "effed"

SABuffalo786
10-29-2006, 12:39 AM
But he's the only one out...

Typ0
10-29-2006, 06:42 AM
we played through injuries last year. Our team is very deep. It is going to be six or seven injuries that hurt us not two or three.

Nighthawk
10-29-2006, 06:48 AM
we played through injuries last year. Our team is very deep. It is going to be six or seven injuries that hurt us not two or three.

Hopefully the other guys can pick it up...they're going to have to. However, I am worried that he has broken the same arm twice in under a year. I'm guessing they will be inserting some screws to help strengthen the area. Let's hope he gets back healthy and quickly.

SkateZilla
10-29-2006, 09:35 AM

Agreed,

pyrrhonist
10-29-2006, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet. It isn't like we're going to have to rely on "Fits"-patrick as Henrik's replacement. Paetsch didn't always look 100% sharp (IMO) against Atlanta, but he's going to be fine. It just really sucks that Tallinder is hurt again, with the same injury, no less. :(

Philagape
10-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Better now than May. The playoffs are a lock, so we just need to be healthy then. This will give Paetsch much-needed experience and time to develop chemistry should he be needed again down the road.

SkateZilla
10-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Better now than May. The playoffs are a lock, so we just need to be healthy then. This will give Paetsch much-needed experience and time to develop chemistry should he be needed again down the road.

He's Got Till Thursday to find chemistry in practice

GThirst
10-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Paetsch is an offensive oriented defensemen. Expect to see things spacek would do. Expect a few goals. And plenty of blasts from the point.

JD
10-29-2006, 02:21 PM
We are deep on the offensive side of the puck, but with injuries on the defensive side it seems to mess things up. I remember we lost most games played without Teppo last year..

Dozerdog
10-29-2006, 06:41 PM
I have to replace him on my Fantasy team

I went with Aaron Ward (+7) of the Rangers over Nick Boynton (-10 +/- but 56 PIM leads the league) and Tony Lydman (+7)

GThirst
10-30-2006, 10:28 PM
We are deep on the offensive side of the puck, but with injuries on the defensive side it seems to mess things up. I remember we lost most games played without Teppo last year..
Teppo is an old and wise man. Think of him like the Zordon to the Sabres. The Sabres are like the power rangers.