PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Guys with Moron Players: News article.

blackonyx89
10-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Wow,this is a sad team indeed! Anyway here's the article.......

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061029/SPORTS0103/610290364/tbd/

kernowboy
10-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Harsh but accurate

maybe we should look to Ivy League players on Day2 of the draft?

patmoran2006
10-29-2006, 10:38 AM
WTF is this writer smoking when it comes to his QB evaluation?

Listen, even the JP supporters who have half a brain KNOW that Losman has NOT developed into a leader like this writer suggest? What the hell is he watching? If you call going to sidelines and standing by yourself, barely talking to your teammates during the game, and looking befuddled leadership, then I guess he's right. You HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME..

I TOTALLY agree about Willis.. The blocking isnt there, but he has to make more happen on his own.

I think his grade on our WR is a little harsh.. What he said about Evans is true, about most his good stats coming in garbage time, but he could break out anytime.

The rest of his evaluations I pretty much agree with as well.

patmoran2006
10-29-2006, 10:39 AM
BTW, those turnover and pre-snap penalty stats are VERY disturbing.

kernowboy
10-29-2006, 10:43 AM
BTW, those turnover and pre-snap penalty stats are VERY disturbing.

For rookies it is something you tolerate as growing pains, for experienced players I think the terms morons and cretins certainly have merit

patmoran2006
10-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Its the vets, not the rookies

Jan Reimers
10-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Sorry, JP bashers, but Roth correctly puts the blame on every unit on this team. And he even points to JP's improving completion numbers and his leadership. Like those of us who want to give JP a chance, he rightfully criticizes his turnovers, which I think we all agree must stop.

But it is an objective article that points out our many problems, instead of dwelling on just one.

patmoran2006
10-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Sorry, JP bashers, but Roth correctly puts the blame on every unit on this team. And he even points to JP's improving completion numbers and his leadership. Like those of us who want to give JP a chance, he rightfully criticizes his turnovers, which I think we all agree must stop.

But it is an objective article that points out our many problems, instead of dwelling on just one.

Jan.
I"ll give Losman the numbers (though a lot comes in 4th quarter when teams are playing softer defenses). I'll give him improvement in some areas and the pass to Parrish (vs Detroit) shows he DOES have the ability to make plays on the fly that not many other QB's can. He's shown the ability to hurt you with his feet as well a couple of times, I have no problem giving him that.

But the leadership factor is crazy, I'm not seeing it, and if ANYBODY is seeing it, someone PLEASE tell me examples of where you've seen leadership from Losman during the game? I've seen NONE.

As for the overall piece, Yes, I think he's on the money.. EVERY unit deserves criticism.. As of right now, I'm not sure this team has ANY strengths other than Lindell/Moorman.

Not even our special teams have been very special.

Jan Reimers
10-29-2006, 10:57 AM
WTF is this writer smoking when it comes to his QB evaluation?

Listen, even the JP supporters who have half a brain KNOW that Losman has NOT developed into a leader like this writer suggest? What the hell is he watching? If you call going to sidelines and standing by yourself, barely talking to your teammates during the game, and looking befuddled leadership, then I guess he's right. You HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME..

You must be around the locker room and in contact with his teammates and coaches, and privy to a lot more information, than Leo Roth. That's good. I know you are far more knowledgable and objective on JP than a professional sportswriter could possibly be.

patmoran2006
10-29-2006, 11:00 AM
You must be around the locker room and in contact with his teammates and coaches, and privy to a lot more information, than Leo Roth. That's good. I know you are far more knowledgable and objective on JP than a professional sportswriter could possibly be.
Make fun all you want, I asked you a question. Name me SOMETHING, ANYTHING while he is on the football field, to show me that he's positively developing into a LEADER..

I could care less about the locker room or anything else.. Anybody who has a TV can watch the game and see him play, and the QB is pictured often on the sidelines.

Devin
10-29-2006, 11:15 AM

:bf1:

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2006, 12:43 PM
His assessment was pretty accurate, even about JP untill he said JP has developed into a leader. I have yet to see that. QB gets a D- from me. Not as bad as it could be, but Losman is doing a very bad job limiting turnovers and managing the game, and as a 3rd year player, that is definately raising my eyebrows.

Our WR's deserve an F. Evans is the only good reciever there, the rest are very average.

Offensive Line gets a D- from me.

Tight Ends have been non-existant for us this year, D-.

Our Defensive Line deserves a C+. I have seen vast improvements so far. They stunk it up bad at the beginning of the year, but we all know what matters most, is how you finish.

LB's, gets a B- from me. Crowell and Fletcher are fantastic, like usual. However, TKO's play has dropped off significantly, most likely due to injury. Keith Ellison is worthy of positive notation, he played very well, imo.

Secondary gets a C+ from me. Whitner and Simpson are nasty. I do have some concerns about McGee, and Clements.

Special Teams have been far from special, who would of thought Lindell would be our brightest spot? C-

Coaching, I give a B+. They have had only one offseason to get players that fit their system, and the players that they have drafted have been very impressive.

Nighthawk
10-29-2006, 03:28 PM

Sorry, but there is no way in hell that JP is a leader. I can't remember an OL coming to help him up when he gets hit and I can't remember another player coming over to congratulate him on a TD play. That is a bad indication that he doesn't have that locker room on his side.

Michael82
10-29-2006, 06:34 PM

:bf1:

ParanoidAndroid
10-29-2006, 08:33 PM
The author is underrating our linebackers a bit. It's hard to make tackles at the line of scrimmage when the o-linemen are hitting your linebackers while your DT's are lying on their backs.

I also do not see any real leadership coming from JP.