• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lee-83
    Pro Bowl Bound
    • Oct 2006

Other QB Possibilities

I'm sitting here watching other qb possibilities if our staff realizes jp aintn gonna cut it.....
    Schaub is a FA, and has looked promising in recent years, Garrrard has looked great everytime i've seen him play. If Plummer struggles he may be replaced and released following the season, Warner, Griese, and Simms can all be possibilities.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Other QB Possibilities

Ive had enough of Jacksonville backup QBs to last me a lifetime.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
      Ive had enough of Jacksonville backup QBs to last me a lifetime.
      God I wish we had Leinhart

Comment

• Elminster
        #1 Kelsay Fan
        • Oct 2006

God, I wish Bills fans had some patience...
        Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

I cant say I'm impressed. If Schaub is the best name available, keep JP.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
            God I wish we had Leinhart
            Why you laughing?

Leinart has 5 TD passes so far in his 4th career NFL start as a rookie. And he has not passed for less then 200 yards in any of his starts.

How many does JP have again?

Comment

• Lee-83
              Pro Bowl Bound
              • Oct 2006

ha thats sad^

Comment

Originally posted by Lee-83
                I'm sitting here watching other qb possibilities if our staff realizes jp aintn gonna cut it.....
                Schaub is a FA, and has looked promising in recent years, Garrrard has looked great everytime i've seen him play. If Plummer struggles he may be replaced and released following the season, Warner, Griese, and Simms can all be possibilities.
                I am not sure of Garrard's full status but I am sure that Schaub is a restricted free agent and there don't we need to given up a draft pick in compensation. Whilst that could be of interest, it cannot be anymore than a 3rd. I also think Garrard may be restricted.

Why would we want Warner who has been shocking in Arizona? If he can't hack it in the warm, I am not confident about him in the cold.

Griese couldn't beat out Simms who may not now beat out Gradlowski. No thanks,

If Plummer gets beaten out by Cutler, I am not sure how a reject who blows hot and cold can help

Green may be released but with concussion problems and aged 36 I am not sure what advantages he offers or if our OL can protect him

Despite everyone seemingly slagging off Patrick Ramsay he brings experience, will likely be cheap, has a 34-29 TD-Int ratio and a career QB passer Rating of 75.0. That's better than Carr and Harrington.

He played behind an even worse OL in his Spurrier seasons, then got messed about by Gibbs, who had him replace Brunell, but then replaced him with Brunell after he got injured after the 1st game of 2005 from a Briggs hit that left him with a neck injury. The only negative thing as it reads is he might take too many sacks but as a graduate with degrees in Accounting AND Finance, is pretty bright and might make a better contribution for the Bills, offering more than Holcomb or Nall. He does have a missile launcher of an arm

Comment

• Lee-83
                  Pro Bowl Bound
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by kernowboy
                  Why would we want Warner who has been shocking in Arizona? If he can't hack it in the warm, I am not confident about him in the cold.

Griese couldn't beat out Simms who may not now beat out Gradlowski. No thanks,
                  I don't want warner, he's a fumbling holcomb and thats why I used "possibility"

Griese plays for chicago if you didn't notice.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

of all the guys mentioned in this thread the only guys who might even be worth having is Gerrard and Leinart. We aren't going to get Leinart now. Maybe there is some other guy out there who are better than any of the aged rejects being offered up here. Warner, Plummer and Griese are backup material not even stop gap solutions. Simms is young maybe he can build a career. Ramsey has always been shakey. I still have no clue why we didn't pick Cutler or Leinart we need the QB position solidified so badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee-83
                      I don't want warner, he's a fumbling holcomb and thats why I used "possibility"

Griese plays for chicago if you didn't notice.
                      He backs up Grossman so 'play' might be a bit of an exaggeration considering how well Rex is doing this season

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                        Why you laughing?

Leinart has 5 TD passes so far in his 4th career NFL start as a rookie. And he has not passed for less then 200 yards in any of his starts.

How many does JP have again?
                        Didn't you say that QB stats don't matter, it's all about wins and losses?

Last time I checked Leinart has yet to win a game.

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

Schaub is the only real possibility.

They better not be thinking about Plummer. And I doubt Simms will leave. He is Gruden's boy.

D & S Sports

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                            Didn't you say that QB stats don't matter, it's all about wins and losses?

Last time I checked Leinart has yet to win a game.
                            Nope, wasn't me. QB play matters the most. Better QB play this year and the Bills could be 6-1/5-2 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Typ0
                              of all the guys mentioned in this thread the only guys who might even be worth having is Gerrard and Leinart. We aren't going to get Leinart now. Maybe there is some other guy out there who are better than any of the aged rejects being offered up here. Warner, Plummer and Griese are backup material not even stop gap solutions. Simms is young maybe he can build a career. Ramsey has always been shakey. I still have no clue why we didn't pick Cutler or Leinart we need the QB position solidified so badly.
                              Ramsey has all the tools, but has seemed to have had a rough deal with first Spurrier then Gibbs, a poor OL initially, no running game which is why they traded for Portis etc

on the plus side, he's still young, will cost no draft picks, will at least provide better competition for Losman or whoever.

I think all the QBs who have come on well by their third year have not been messed about - unfortunately for Tulane guys it seems to be a trait of their NFL careers

Comment

Working...
                              X