PDA

View Full Version : Other QB Possibilities

Lee-83
10-29-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm sitting here watching other qb possibilities if our staff realizes jp aintn gonna cut it.....
Schaub is a FA, and has looked promising in recent years, Garrrard has looked great everytime i've seen him play. If Plummer struggles he may be replaced and released following the season, Warner, Griese, and Simms can all be possibilities.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Ive had enough of Jacksonville backup QBs to last me a lifetime.

X-Era
10-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Ive had enough of Jacksonville backup QBs to last me a lifetime.

God I wish we had Leinhart :laugh:

Elminster
10-29-2006, 02:32 PM
God, I wish Bills fans had some patience...

PECKERWOOD
10-29-2006, 02:36 PM
I cant say I'm impressed. If Schaub is the best name available, keep JP.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2006, 02:36 PM
God I wish we had Leinhart :laugh:

Why you laughing?

Leinart has 5 TD passes so far in his 4th career NFL start as a rookie. And he has not passed for less then 200 yards in any of his starts.

How many does JP have again?

Lee-83
10-29-2006, 02:44 PM
ha thats sad^

kernowboy
10-29-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm sitting here watching other qb possibilities if our staff realizes jp aintn gonna cut it.....
Schaub is a FA, and has looked promising in recent years, Garrrard has looked great everytime i've seen him play. If Plummer struggles he may be replaced and released following the season, Warner, Griese, and Simms can all be possibilities.

I am not sure of Garrard's full status but I am sure that Schaub is a restricted free agent and there don't we need to given up a draft pick in compensation. Whilst that could be of interest, it cannot be anymore than a 3rd. I also think Garrard may be restricted.

Why would we want Warner who has been shocking in Arizona? If he can't hack it in the warm, I am not confident about him in the cold.

Griese couldn't beat out Simms who may not now beat out Gradlowski. No thanks,

If Plummer gets beaten out by Cutler, I am not sure how a reject who blows hot and cold can help

Green may be released but with concussion problems and aged 36 I am not sure what advantages he offers or if our OL can protect him

Despite everyone seemingly slagging off Patrick Ramsay he brings experience, will likely be cheap, has a 34-29 TD-Int ratio and a career QB passer Rating of 75.0. That's better than Carr and Harrington.

He played behind an even worse OL in his Spurrier seasons, then got messed about by Gibbs, who had him replace Brunell, but then replaced him with Brunell after he got injured after the 1st game of 2005 from a Briggs hit that left him with a neck injury. The only negative thing as it reads is he might take too many sacks but as a graduate with degrees in Accounting AND Finance, is pretty bright and might make a better contribution for the Bills, offering more than Holcomb or Nall. He does have a missile launcher of an arm

Lee-83
10-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Why would we want Warner who has been shocking in Arizona? If he can't hack it in the warm, I am not confident about him in the cold.

Griese couldn't beat out Simms who may not now beat out Gradlowski. No thanks,

I don't want warner, he's a fumbling holcomb and thats why I used "possibility"

Griese plays for chicago if you didn't notice.

Typ0
10-29-2006, 03:04 PM
of all the guys mentioned in this thread the only guys who might even be worth having is Gerrard and Leinart. We aren't going to get Leinart now. Maybe there is some other guy out there who are better than any of the aged rejects being offered up here. Warner, Plummer and Griese are backup material not even stop gap solutions. Simms is young maybe he can build a career. Ramsey has always been shakey. I still have no clue why we didn't pick Cutler or Leinart we need the QB position solidified so badly.

kernowboy
10-29-2006, 03:05 PM
I don't want warner, he's a fumbling holcomb and thats why I used "possibility"

Griese plays for chicago if you didn't notice.

He backs up Grossman so 'play' might be a bit of an exaggeration considering how well Rex is doing this season

RockStar36
10-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Why you laughing?

Leinart has 5 TD passes so far in his 4th career NFL start as a rookie. And he has not passed for less then 200 yards in any of his starts.

How many does JP have again?

Didn't you say that QB stats don't matter, it's all about wins and losses?

Last time I checked Leinart has yet to win a game.

RockStar36
10-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Schaub is the only real possibility.

They better not be thinking about Plummer. And I doubt Simms will leave. He is Gruden's boy.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Didn't you say that QB stats don't matter, it's all about wins and losses?

Last time I checked Leinart has yet to win a game.

Nope, wasn't me. QB play matters the most. Better QB play this year and the Bills could be 6-1/5-2 right now.

kernowboy
10-29-2006, 03:23 PM
of all the guys mentioned in this thread the only guys who might even be worth having is Gerrard and Leinart. We aren't going to get Leinart now. Maybe there is some other guy out there who are better than any of the aged rejects being offered up here. Warner, Plummer and Griese are backup material not even stop gap solutions. Simms is young maybe he can build a career. Ramsey has always been shakey. I still have no clue why we didn't pick Cutler or Leinart we need the QB position solidified so badly.

Ramsey has all the tools, but has seemed to have had a rough deal with first Spurrier then Gibbs, a poor OL initially, no running game which is why they traded for Portis etc

on the plus side, he's still young, will cost no draft picks, will at least provide better competition for Losman or whoever.

I think all the QBs who have come on well by their third year have not been messed about - unfortunately for Tulane guys it seems to be a trait of their NFL careers

RockStar36
10-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Nope, wasn't me. QB play matters the most. Better QB play this year and the Bills could be 6-1/5-2 right now.

I think it was you.

Whocares what the QB stats. are. A win is all that matters.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=111170&highlight=grossman

TacklingDummy
10-29-2006, 03:30 PM
I think it was you.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=111170&highlight=grossman

That was sarcasm.

RockStar36
10-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Easy to say now.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Easy to say now.

Easy for most people to figure out then.

kernowboy
10-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Ladies, behave

Get back to the topic of the thread.

I, for one, are more interested in your current opinion than what you may have said in the past