• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmb1099
    • Sep 2004

Carson Palmer

Fumbles when hit blindly
    Drew Brees threw three ints
    Ben R threw three pics (two of which were returned for tds) and was sacked 5 times
    Delhome, Penington, McNair, Smith, Gerrard, Leinart, Favre, Young, rosenfuls, McNabb, E Manning, Gradowski, Walter,, Plummer, Frye: all threw for under 200 yards.

Other QB's throwing ints: Leinart, Alex Smith, Rosenfuls, Carr, Pennington (2) Frye, Romo, Delhome
    Qb taking multiple sacks: Delhome (3), Romo (2) Frye (3) Bulger (3) Walter (6) Rothlisberger (5) McNabb (4) E Manning (2) Gradowski (2) A Smith (2) Texans (4) Leinert (4) Palmer (2) Vick (2) Brees (2)

Re: Carson Palmer

Bad day at the office for loads of people it seems

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Roethlisberger is looking horrible.

Comment

• jmb1099
        • Sep 2004

It was a rough day for many is right.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
          • Sep 2003

Big Ben sholdn't be playing until he has fully recovered. Batch could play a much better game at this point.
          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Everybody needs to curb their expectations around here. We don't need to have an HOF QB to win games around here. The difference between Losman getting accolades and getting blasted is not the INT's but the fumbles and sacks. If he changes those things than fans will be throwing thier support behind this kid.

The Bye came at the aboslute best time.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Gee, I guess everyone must have lost this weekend. LOL
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Inetpub
                i'm a tool
                • Aug 2006

And you JP nuthuggers still want to push that JP is the greatest or something? Theres a difference between the players you are all referring to and JP. They dont CONSISTENTLY make dumb mistakes and they TEND TO WIN GAMES. Given only Leinart on that list is a proven winner, 1 week is 1 week. Take thier overall careers and Im sure the only 3 game winners in that whole list is JP and Leinart.

Go figure. Who would have thought our 1 bad week would be a consistent one for all season?
                That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Inetpub
                  And you JP nuthuggers still want to push that JP is the greatest or something? Theres a difference between the players you are all referring to and JP. They dont CONSISTENTLY make dumb mistakes and they TEND TO WIN GAMES. Given only Leinart on that list is a proven winner, 1 week is 1 week. Take thier overall careers and Im sure the only 3 game winners in that whole list is JP and Leinart.

Go figure. Who would have thought our 1 bad week would be a consistent one for all season?
                  Leinart is a proven winner? In the NFL?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Everybody needs to curb their expectations around here. We don't need to have an HOF QB to win games around here. The difference between Losman getting accolades and getting blasted is not the INT's but the fumbles and sacks. If he changes those things than fans will be throwing thier support behind this kid.

The Bye came at the aboslute best time.
                    i agree that JP's dealing with some pretty unrealistic expectations. He's thrown 6 picks in 7 games, which is not awful. In fact, there are 15 quarterbacks with more, including Big Ben (11), Eli (8), Hasselbeck (8), Pennington (7) and Rex (7).

Overall, I've got to say that he's much more accurate than last year. You just don't see the bounce passes or tentative pushes anymore. He's throwing with much more confidence.

I think the greater issue is that the offense isn't scoring any points. An interception a game isn't going to make any fans mad if the offense is scoring. But when you haven't put up more than 20 points all season, it's easy to blame the QB and focus on his mistakes, as opposed to passing the blame around.

That said, I agree that he needs to limit the fumbling. At this point I'll give him some leeway on the sacks, b/c the line is not giving a whole lot of protection. I think we need to accept that sacks are going to happen until a) the OL plays better or b) Losman develops a better feeling for when he needs to forget looking downfield and take off, or is instructed to run more by the coaches. However, I think it's nonetheless reasonable to expect that sooner rather than later, JP learns to hear the footsteps, cover up the ball, and take a sack if necessary without putting the ball on the turf.
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by jmb1099
                      Carson Palmer
                      Drew Brees
                      Ben R, Delhome, Penington, McNair, Smith, Gerrard, Leinart, Favre, Young, McNabb, E Manning, Gradowski, , Plummer, Frye
                      > JP.

Yeah.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Everybody has bad games. It's different depending on whether that kind of performance is the exception or the rule.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                          • Feb 2005

would you please try to be a gentelman for just a short time and drop the nuthugger refrences. It really is completly unnecessary and makes you look like immature trailer trash.
                          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by keithtr
                            would you please try to be a gentelman for just a short time and drop the nuthugger refrences. It really is completly unnecessary and makes you look like immature trailer trash.
                            quite frankly, when someone has to start name-calling like he does, his opinion is no longer valid as far as I'm concerned. It means he's not thinking like an adult...but a 2-year old
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• jmb1099
                              • Sep 2004

Teams win games, QB's play a role in helping a team win. You assume too much if you think I am saying Losman belongs in the Manning Palmer category. This post was an fyi to demonstrate two things:
                              1) That even the best qb's in the nfl don't always get it right (manning has yet to win a sb)
                              2) Expectations of our own qb are very high

Mike Vick looks like he may finally be figuring it out. Back to back games where he tosses multiple td's, and makes good decisions with the football...six years after he started in the NFL. Some of you guys can't even give our qb 16 games...wow.

Oh and just a little fyi on the side: calling me a nuthugger, or a boyfirend, or any other name isn't going to make me back off my point. It may get you a few thanks from those who agree with you, but it doesn't help make your point. I'm here to discuss football, how about you?

Comment

Working...
                              X