PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Example of why JP can be Successful in the NFL!

bigbub2352
10-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Even though Denver lost i seen a Good offense suited for a QB who can get out of the pocket and make plays, A QB that is hated by many and thought of as a bum sometimes, but never the less i watched him roll out and make decisions to throw to his Rbs and TEs out in the flats, These are the types of plays that need to be installed in our offense, If our Oline sucks then get him out of the pocket, let him make plays, get him to be less of a robot of the system and let him try and do the things that amde him a 1st round pick, Playaction and Rolling out can only bring another demension to the offense making it harder for DEF to play us, all this equals to bettering JP and the Bills

They also had plays designed that would have TE's and WRs going with the flow and the play was designed to roll out right or left, and with consistency he got away from pass rush and blitzes
Now i dont thin Jake Plummer is all that great but here is a guy who has survived the hype, the fans boos and goes out every week and plays his ass off, to me he looks just like JP Losman, and JP is more athletic, I remember when Jake was playing in AZ he was a hero one week and hated the next, sound familiar,

I also heard some interesting comments in an interveiw with Marv Levy by Local Channel 7 Sports John Murphy, and Marv said that he is a work in progress but pointed out how many QBs took a long time to finally get it and mentioned quite a few guys like Brett Favre, Jake Delhomme, Kurt Warner, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Matt hasselback, and he said other teams gave up on them and look what they went on to do, and said the Bills are afraid of that because he has so much upside,

I guess we will have to wait and see and go thru the struggles of this guy, god knows we have many other holes to fill to be a contender, so this is JP's season wether we like it or not!

GO BILLS

justasportsfan
10-30-2006, 09:23 AM
JP will get better.

Inetpub
10-30-2006, 10:56 AM
and yet Akili Smith is a perfect example of how JP can fail.
You had your speech in 1 novel. My reason is 1 line. Wow that was easy!

jamze132
10-30-2006, 11:07 AM
So you base your entire statement (one line) on Akili Smith? Wow, that makes sense.

bigbub2352
10-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Wow i guess you can read too, the post is how a QB similiar to JP has found a way and an offense to be successful in the NFL, must be nice to be so quick witted and football knowledgeable nice try inetpub

Inetpub
10-30-2006, 12:44 PM
So you base your entire statement (one line) on Akili Smith? Wow, that makes sense.
No but if you guys are going to compare JP to x QB then I can too. All I have to say is AKILI SMITH with be a probowler one day!!!!!! LOL.

If you guys are going to post about how awesome and can compare JP well then lets say we compare him to Farve and celebrate our "Superbowl" right now. Seeing as JP is comparable to Farve. or wait..Steve Young. Or Chad Pennington..or Akili Smith.

Blah blah blah. JP is JP. he isnt Farve he isnt Smith he isnt Young. He is the fumbling bumbling JP LOSMAN. J-Loss for short.

Jan Reimers
10-30-2006, 12:57 PM
You're confusing them with logic again, bigbub.

bigbub2352
10-30-2006, 01:20 PM
WTF, HUH, again I guess you can read too

BidsJr
10-30-2006, 01:27 PM
No but if you guys are going to compare JP to x QB then I can too. All I have to say is AKILI SMITH with be a probowler one day!!!!!! LOL.

If you guys are going to post about how awesome and can compare JP well then lets say we compare him to Farve and celebrate our "Superbowl" right now. Seeing as JP is comparable to Farve. or wait..Steve Young. Or Chad Pennington..or Akili Smith.

Blah blah blah. JP is JP. he isnt Farve he isnt Smith he isnt Young. He is the fumbling bumbling JP LOSMAN. J-Loss for short.

Another post assuming failure. What must it be like to live in an utterly pessimistic life?

Nobody knows how JP is going to turn out right now. But in the end half the people will claim that they knew all along.

rdmercer83
10-30-2006, 01:32 PM
JP can get better, the question right now is whether or not he will get better. There is no evidence right now that JP is not getting better

bigbub2352
10-30-2006, 02:23 PM
WOW i guess this was a tuff one, I was just using Jake PLummer and his career of ups and downs to show how a young Qb, who most have lost faith in can still surprise everyone given the right offense and right coaching, the light bulb goes on and they play the way everyone knows they can that is all sorry to be so confusing

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Plummer has a career full of ups and downs. That is why Denver drafted Cutler. If you are not consistent in this league, you will be out of a job in no time.

the REAL Rudeman
10-30-2006, 02:33 PM
God, the guy is a ***king write-off.

jamze132
10-31-2006, 11:05 AM

SO what you are saying is that it's not fair to compare him to anyone since he is who he is (which I do agree), but it's ok to label him the fumbling bumbling JP LOSMAN. J-Loss for short? That is quite contradictory of you, no?

Inetpub
10-31-2006, 11:22 AM
SO what you are saying is that it's not fair to compare him to anyone since he is who he is (which I do agree), but it's ok to label him the fumbling bumbling JP LOSMAN. J-Loss for short? That is quite contradictory of you, no?
Nope. Because thats who he is! Im comparing JP to JP! How is it contradictory if thats who he is? Give me something that says he isnt it and ill give you 6 INT and 6 FUMBLES in the last 4 games.

Inetpub
10-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Another post assuming failure. What must it be like to live in an utterly pessimistic life?

Nobody knows how JP is going to turn out right now. But in the end half the people will claim that they knew all along.
And this post is what? ANOTHER POST ASSUMING HES THE NEXT HOF QB? lol. There is nothing at the moment that he has shown to support your theory and there is nothing in the original post that makes reasonable sense JP will be a SUCCESS in the NFL. Before you criticize look at both sides of the puzzle buddy cause if your going to ASSUME JP is going to be successful, I can assume your a moron.

patmoran2006
10-31-2006, 08:26 PM
Even though Denver lost i seen a Good offense suited for a QB who can get out of the pocket and make plays, A QB that is hated by many and thought of as a bum sometimes, but never the less i watched him roll out and make decisions to throw to his Rbs and TEs out in the flats, These are the types of plays that need to be installed in our offense, If our Oline sucks then get him out of the pocket, let him make plays, get him to be less of a robot of the system and let him try and do the things that amde him a 1st round pick, Playaction and Rolling out can only bring another demension to the offense making it harder for DEF to play us, all this equals to bettering JP and the Bills

They also had plays designed that would have TE's and WRs going with the flow and the play was designed to roll out right or left, and with consistency he got away from pass rush and blitzes
Now i dont thin Jake Plummer is all that great but here is a guy who has survived the hype, the fans boos and goes out every week and plays his ass off, to me he looks just like JP Losman, and JP is more athletic, I remember when Jake was playing in AZ he was a hero one week and hated the next, sound familiar,

I also heard some interesting comments in an interveiw with Marv Levy by Local Channel 7 Sports John Murphy, and Marv said that he is a work in progress but pointed out how many QBs took a long time to finally get it and mentioned quite a few guys like Brett Favre, Jake Delhomme, Kurt Warner, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Matt hasselback, and he said other teams gave up on them and look what they went on to do, and said the Bills are afraid of that because he has so much upside,

I guess we will have to wait and see and go thru the struggles of this guy, god knows we have many other holes to fill to be a contender, so this is JP's season wether we like it or not!

GO BILLS
While I dont like JP Losman and I think he will be gone for SURE next year, I TOTALLY agree with your post and he'd at least have a shot with a more suited offense.

Losman will NEVER be a consistent pocket passer.. Not this year, next or in 10 years... He needs to be an offense like you stated to even have a fighting chance

YardRat
10-31-2006, 08:42 PM
If Plummer was the answer at QB for Denver they wouldn't have drafted Cutler. Are you suggesting we need to draft our replacement for JP since he and Plummer are so similar?

X-Era
10-31-2006, 10:03 PM

Carson Palmer is a perfect example of how JP can win.

One more easy sentence.

Inetpub
10-31-2006, 10:25 PM
Carson Palmer is a perfect example of how JP can win.

One more easy sentence.

and yet, once again..JP is the perfect example how to be a born bum. Now if you want to add the comparisons to JP the non-leader and JP the fumbler, I can get you MORE than enough examples. So, JP is the perfect example of how JP can fail. Because thats what he does. Thats who he is. Thats what his legacy will be.

Jolielova143
11-01-2006, 12:59 AM
You are completely right. If JP had an offense suited to him...then he would be much better than what we are seeing. This guy has had a really unlucky couple years in the league..and with the Bills. First he gets his leg broken by his own teamate..then he gets the start...then he doesnt...then he does...then he doesnt...then he gets a new coach, new offensive coordinator, new players on the o-line...new system to learn..and new rules to follow. God..i can't really imagine anyone being successful with that, or at least to the level some people hold him to. He needs a FULL season to be able to START to live up to his own potential. He needs a team and players that he's spent time with. He needs time to learn the system. He needs TIME to adjust to new ideas. HE NEEDS TIME. PERIOD. And considering the youth we have on this team along with all the rookies that are starting, it looks like TIME will and SHOULD be given to this team.

Also....

It seems like the coaches are NOT playing to his strengths...or to what we all know he CAN do. Instead we force him to be immobile...to stay in the pocket..to be patient..to go through his reads...its not what his NATURAL abilities are. JP can move..he can scramble..he can run..and he can throw damn good on the run! Why don't the coaches see that? It's obvious..and the only time he's had the chance to show that is when its a broken play. (example: game 1, Fowler gives a bad snap, JP scoops it up way behind the line of scrimmage and throws a bomb to Reed for a completion and first down. YES!) Thats what he does..its almost as if he sees things and reacts better while he's movin..and thinkin fast. I see it with so many other teams, they design plays to help their guys be successful....hence the benching of Bledsoe for Romo. Two DIFFERENT QBs all together. Parcells knows this and what does he do? He HELPS Romo to succeed by calling bootlegs, playaction, rollouts..plays that will very MUCH help an O-Line that was not able to block well ...hmmm..much like ours here in Buffalo. And while out o-line is not downright terrible..it could always use help too. So move the pocket...we HAVE a QB that can do it and do it well. Even the announcers were saying it ...how the plays are different when Romo was in there. I can NOT for the life of me understand WHY the coaches wont play up to his strengths.

So the original poster is right when he says JP would do much better in an offense that is suited for him. He definitely would. But instead they make him stay in the pocket, and try to turn him into a pure pocket passer. Thats not JP..and its really unfortunate we are not seeing what he can really do.

STOP BASHING THE GUY for things that are not entirely his fault. This is a team sport and in order for the TEAM to win we need everyone to do their job. Recievers need to catch the ball, the defense has to make TACKLES...our lines need to be more dominant...our coaches need to call plays that will support the abilities our players have..and YES...JP needs to have better ball control...BUT....he also needs to be ALLOWED to do the things we drafted him for.

Inetpub
11-01-2006, 01:38 AM
..we HAVE a QB that can do it and do it well
He also fumbles well too. He can do alot but its all negated with his fumbling! Which leads us to 0 points. You dont win games with 6 points! not often anyways.

Even the announcers were saying it ...how the plays are different when Romo was in there. I can NOT for the life of me understand WHY the coaches wont play up to his strengths.
Our system is designed for JP. Thats how they have worded it for ages. Even Jauron has said JP isnt the QB he needs to be. JP has said it. Now lets get on and get us a QB that needs to be there. As for announcers, I'll trust Dicks words over an announcer who's job is to talk and keep you watching the tv.

So the original poster is right when he says JP would do much better in an offense that is suited for him. He definitely would. But instead they make him stay in the pocket, and try to turn him into a pure pocket passer. Thats not JP..and its really unfortunate we are not seeing what he can really do.
Last time I checked, the game is played ON THE FIELD. JP has the choice to make decisions on what to do with the ball. If the play is broken, run it and scramble. When fairchild calls a run play is when JP has no decision. But seeing as we've been playing from behind cause we cant score, the run is non-existent. You dont rely on the run when your behind 14 points!

STOP BASHING THE GUY for things that are not entirely his fault. This is a team sport and in order for the TEAM to win we need everyone to do their job. Recievers need to catch the ball, the defense has to make TACKLES...our lines need to be more dominant...our coaches need to call plays that will support the abilities our players have..and YES...JP needs to have better ball control...BUT....he also needs to be ALLOWED to do the things we drafted him for.
True its not always his fault. BUT he does control the ball. When JP is out there, he holds on to the ball..WITH 1 HAND! Most QB's protect with 2 hands. makes it harder to fumble. JP's basics arent there if he has to concentrate to hold the ball with 2 hands. Yes its a team game, and the team isnt good at the moment. But when your offense is ranked 30th in the league, you really cant blame the Defense. What you have to start is where the ball starts. And thats in JP's hand. His play dictates the direction we are taking with the Offense.