PDA

View Full Version : 2 more intriguing LBs on the market

Romes
02-27-2003, 04:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0227/1515496.html

Browns have cut Jamir Miller and Earl Holmes. Good news, more LBs to flood the market. Miller was a monster a couple years ago and Holmes had over 100 tackles this year, he is 29 and a solid producer.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-27-2003, 04:53 PM
Does this mean since there are so many LB's for FA that the Prices will go down on them?

RedEyE
02-27-2003, 04:57 PM
LB market is flooded right now. TD will have more then enough to work with.

The_Philster
02-27-2003, 05:37 PM
:clap: That can only be good ...driving prices down :D

Michael82
02-27-2003, 06:07 PM
This could mean that there is some talented LBs in the draft too, couldn't it?

Earthquake Enyart
02-27-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
This could mean that there is some talented LBs in the draft too, couldn't it?

No.

Tatonka
02-27-2003, 06:56 PM
funny thing is.. alot of the guys are big names, or at least guys who have been starting for a while.. meanwhile, my boy maslowski's price is getting driven into the ground, and we can get him and another good lb for the price of one spikes...

TigerJ
02-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Every team letting go of a LB is probably going to be looking for one. If they let go of a higher priced veteran in favor of a young stud already on the team that they think is ready to start, they would still need to find someone for depth. That could be another cheaper veteran or a draftee. The fact that more LBs are available in free agency is not going to make the LBs who are in the draft better. It's hard to quantify whether or not and how much it might reduce demand.

ublinkwescore
02-27-2003, 11:05 PM
I swear Tom Donahoe is a genius. He knew that there would be a lot of solid at worst, great at best LBs, and the abundance of all the LBs available would drive their costs down. It seems as if John Butler kinda set Tom Donahoe up (all Tom Donahoe had to do is look at who's gonna be available and when, and see the amount of depth scheduled to be available when FA started).

Also, picking up Travis Henry definitely solved our need for a running game.

I'll guarantee everyone on this board that the Bills will make it to at least the divisional playoffs.