X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the REAL Rudeman
    • Jul 2002

Begin loyal to a team

doesn't mean you can't state obvious facts and protest.

For example, I like the Bills, but I'm not so bright-eyed and optimistic to think they're any good. In fact, they suck. They'll lose againt Indy, and offer nothing to cheer about.

It also doesn't mean that you can single out current players.

For example, JP sucks. He's a complete bust and we're wasting money on him. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Why do people insist on being all smiles and supportive of things that obviously aren't true?

I'm really serious about this. Why are people SO loyal to a team or player that the truth falls on deaf ears or is met with such harsh contempt?
    I solve problems with violence.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Begin loyal to a team

Originally posted by the REAL Rudeman

For example, I like the Bills, but I'm not so bright-eyed and optimistic to think they're any good. In fact, they suck. They'll lose againt Indy, and offer nothing to cheer about.

For example, JP sucks. He's a complete bust and we're wasting money on him. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Why do people insist on being all smiles and supportive of things that obviously aren't true?

I'm really serious about this. Why are people SO loyal to a team or player that the truth falls on deaf ears or is met with such harsh contempt?
    I don't completely agree with your assessment of JP but I agree with your general premise.

If you're loyal to the team, you want them to WIN. If we keep blindly making excuses for players or coaches who aren't performing, we're never going to win.

Face it- a lot of guys on this team right now simply aren't good enough. It's a tough reality and none of us want that to be true, but it is. And burying our heads in the sand under the guise of "loyalty" or "being a true fan" sure as hell won't solve the problem.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Why are people SO loyal to a team or player that the truth falls on deaf ears or is met with such harsh contempt?
      because we're not canadians?
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Inetpub
        i'm a tool
        • Aug 2006

In thier defence, I can honestly say I believe that its faith. Faith that hopefully JP will be better, hopefully the Bills win the SB, hopefully our OL isnt horrid. Also, I forgot the IFs. IF this happens, if that happens.

Where I dont understand is why they dont start calling for heads when we do lose and lose often. I guess sometimes that the IFs and Faith is too large to realize whats going on because there are more facts leaning towards we are a crappy team than anything. As I said previously, WE DONT PAY TO SEE CRAPPY ENTERTAINMENT! If im buying Sunday Ticket to watch the Bills practice then thats my money donated to DTV and the NFL and Ralph.

Im a HUGE BILLS supporter. But Im also going to tell you the truth when someone sucks. Take that into account, I'll also give praise to them when they do decide to win and win often. Because this is Our team and we want them to win and if they arent winning, we should be asking ourselves WHAT DO WE NEED TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.

Waiting it out is a bad solution. Especially when a season is only 16 games! Waiting it out in baseball at 162 games is understandable. At 16 games, if people dont get it in practice, they wont get it in games. If they dont get it, they dont get it! Let someone play who will get it and push for the Bills to be the best!
        That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• the REAL Rudeman
          • Jul 2002

See, Phil groans me again. What's the point? Keep your head in the sand, big fella.
          I solve problems with violence.

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

You are right with your premise. You can critisize a team and still be a fan.

What bothers me about the JP bashing threads is evident in your post.

On one hand its your opinion that JP is a bust and we are wasting money on him.

Then a few sentences later its the truth that he will suck.

If its your opinion then fine. If its the truth then that is when I disagree.
            Originally posted by paladin warrior
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Like the wise man say, ignorance is bliss.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Romes

Absolutely... How can you say you have your right to an opinion and then deny others that same right?

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

See, Phil groans me again. What's the point? Keep your head in the sand, big fella.
                  maybe you should think before you post...check what Romes said in response to your post
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla admin
                    • Jul 2002

There is a difference between fact and opinion.

That being said, i see nothing wrong with looking at life through rose colored glasses.

Comment

• Inetpub
                      i'm a tool
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Romes

The funny thing is, THAT IS THE TRUTH! We have wasted alot of money and alot of time on the dummy. Now thats not opinion. NAME 1 AREA JP has that supports he is a winner? his 3-12 record? LOL. fumbles? LOL. Patience? LOL. Leadership? JP's never heard of it. QB rating? ok. But RJ had a better QB rating in his 3 years in Buffalo. LOL!

the kids a bum JOKE!

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

I think whats pathetic is supposed "fans" who will claim some guy is either God or they suck. I love that. Its one or the other, theres no in between. These are typically city fans who's yaps run more than Howard Stern's.

Theres a thing called support. Its when you stand behind someone or something regardless of the ups and downs. Its a concept that most who use the term "he sucks" will never understand. That version of "fan" typically is prefaced with the term "fair weather".

The reality is that this TEAM sucks in the past 3 games. That, however, is worth about nothing, because it can all change in the next game.

Its the evaluation of the long road that matters, not the ups and downs.

Comment

• Romes
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Inetpub
                          The funny thing is, THAT IS THE TRUTH! We have wasted alot of money and alot of time on the dummy. Now thats not opinion. NAME 1 AREA JP has that supports he is a winner? his 3-12 record? LOL. fumbles? LOL. Patience? LOL. Leadership? JP's never heard of it. QB rating? ok. But RJ had a better QB rating in his 3 years in Buffalo. LOL!

the kids a bum JOKE!
                          Good for you that you know the truth already.

But for me, I still need to see some more before I can say for sure.
                          Originally posted by paladin warrior
                          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Inetpub

the kids a bum JOKE!
                            Welcome to negrep land, youve got a one way ticket. You will find friends like Patmoran and TD are waiting for you with open arms.

Comment

• Inetpub
                              i'm a tool
                              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by jp-era
                              Welcome to negrep land, youve got a one way ticket. You will find friends like Patmoran and TD are waiting for you with open arms.
                              Wow that really hurt me. Welcome to negrep land..LOL.

At the end of the day, JP STILL SUCKS.

Comment

Working...
                              X