PDA

View Full Version : Begin loyal to a team

the REAL Rudeman
10-30-2006, 03:33 PM
doesn't mean you can't state obvious facts and protest.

For example, I like the Bills, but I'm not so bright-eyed and optimistic to think they're any good. In fact, they suck. They'll lose againt Indy, and offer nothing to cheer about.

It also doesn't mean that you can single out current players.

For example, JP sucks. He's a complete bust and we're wasting money on him. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Why do people insist on being all smiles and supportive of things that obviously aren't true?

I'm really serious about this. Why are people SO loyal to a team or player that the truth falls on deaf ears or is met with such harsh contempt?

OpIv37
10-30-2006, 03:36 PM

For example, I like the Bills, but I'm not so bright-eyed and optimistic to think they're any good. In fact, they suck. They'll lose againt Indy, and offer nothing to cheer about.

For example, JP sucks. He's a complete bust and we're wasting money on him. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Why do people insist on being all smiles and supportive of things that obviously aren't true?

I'm really serious about this. Why are people SO loyal to a team or player that the truth falls on deaf ears or is met with such harsh contempt?

I don't completely agree with your assessment of JP but I agree with your general premise.

If you're loyal to the team, you want them to WIN. If we keep blindly making excuses for players or coaches who aren't performing, we're never going to win.

Face it- a lot of guys on this team right now simply aren't good enough. It's a tough reality and none of us want that to be true, but it is. And burying our heads in the sand under the guise of "loyalty" or "being a true fan" sure as hell won't solve the problem.

justasportsfan
10-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Why are people SO loyal to a team or player that the truth falls on deaf ears or is met with such harsh contempt?because we're not canadians? :idunno:

Inetpub
10-30-2006, 03:46 PM
In thier defence, I can honestly say I believe that its faith. Faith that hopefully JP will be better, hopefully the Bills win the SB, hopefully our OL isnt horrid. Also, I forgot the IFs. IF this happens, if that happens.

Where I dont understand is why they dont start calling for heads when we do lose and lose often. I guess sometimes that the IFs and Faith is too large to realize whats going on because there are more facts leaning towards we are a crappy team than anything. As I said previously, WE DONT PAY TO SEE CRAPPY ENTERTAINMENT! If im buying Sunday Ticket to watch the Bills practice then thats my money donated to DTV and the NFL and Ralph.

Im a HUGE BILLS supporter. But Im also going to tell you the truth when someone sucks. Take that into account, I'll also give praise to them when they do decide to win and win often. Because this is Our team and we want them to win and if they arent winning, we should be asking ourselves WHAT DO WE NEED TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.

Waiting it out is a bad solution. Especially when a season is only 16 games! Waiting it out in baseball at 162 games is understandable. At 16 games, if people dont get it in practice, they wont get it in games. If they dont get it, they dont get it! Let someone play who will get it and push for the Bills to be the best!

the REAL Rudeman
10-30-2006, 03:53 PM
See, Phil groans me again. What's the point? Keep your head in the sand, big fella.

Romes
10-30-2006, 04:09 PM
You are right with your premise. You can critisize a team and still be a fan.

What bothers me about the JP bashing threads is evident in your post.

On one hand its your opinion that JP is a bust and we are wasting money on him.

Then a few sentences later its the truth that he will suck.

If its your opinion then fine. If its the truth then that is when I disagree.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Like the wise man say, ignorance is bliss.

Yasgur's Farm
10-30-2006, 05:57 PM

If its your opinion then fine. If its the truth then that is when I disagree.Absolutely... How can you say you have your right to an opinion and then deny others that same right?

The_Philster
10-30-2006, 06:08 PM
See, Phil groans me again. What's the point? Keep your head in the sand, big fella.
maybe you should think before you post...check what Romes said in response to your post

shelby
10-30-2006, 07:03 PM
There is a difference between fact and opinion.

That being said, i see nothing wrong with looking at life through rose colored glasses.

Inetpub
10-30-2006, 07:25 PM

If its your opinion then fine. If its the truth then that is when I disagree.

The funny thing is, THAT IS THE TRUTH! We have wasted alot of money and alot of time on the dummy. Now thats not opinion. NAME 1 AREA JP has that supports he is a winner? his 3-12 record? LOL. fumbles? LOL. Patience? LOL. Leadership? JP's never heard of it. QB rating? ok. But RJ had a better QB rating in his 3 years in Buffalo. LOL!

the kids a bum JOKE!

X-Era
10-30-2006, 09:29 PM

I think whats pathetic is supposed "fans" who will claim some guy is either God or they suck. I love that. Its one or the other, theres no in between. These are typically city fans who's yaps run more than Howard Stern's.

Theres a thing called support. Its when you stand behind someone or something regardless of the ups and downs. Its a concept that most who use the term "he sucks" will never understand. That version of "fan" typically is prefaced with the term "fair weather".

The reality is that this TEAM sucks in the past 3 games. That, however, is worth about nothing, because it can all change in the next game.

Its the evaluation of the long road that matters, not the ups and downs.

Romes
10-30-2006, 09:34 PM
The funny thing is, THAT IS THE TRUTH! We have wasted alot of money and alot of time on the dummy. Now thats not opinion. NAME 1 AREA JP has that supports he is a winner? his 3-12 record? LOL. fumbles? LOL. Patience? LOL. Leadership? JP's never heard of it. QB rating? ok. But RJ had a better QB rating in his 3 years in Buffalo. LOL!

the kids a bum JOKE!

Good for you that you know the truth already.

But for me, I still need to see some more before I can say for sure.

X-Era
10-30-2006, 09:37 PM

the kids a bum JOKE!

Welcome to negrep land, youve got a one way ticket. You will find friends like Patmoran and TD are waiting for you with open arms.

Inetpub
10-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Welcome to negrep land, youve got a one way ticket. You will find friends like Patmoran and TD are waiting for you with open arms.

Wow that really hurt me. Welcome to negrep land..LOL.

At the end of the day, JP STILL SUCKS.

the REAL Rudeman
10-30-2006, 10:43 PM
you JP guys are a ***king waste. (Just my opinion.) And Phil, you have'n thought since your previous life.

SABURZFAN
10-30-2006, 10:47 PM
you JP guys are a ***king waste. (Just my opinion.)

they're like sheep being led to the slaughter house.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2006, 10:56 PM
they're like sheep being led to the slaughter house.
Yes, oh wise one! Your knowledge is superior to all others. You are so wise, we are just sheep. All hail Saburzfan. -- Maybe not.

SABURZFAN
10-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Yes, oh wise one! Your knowledge is superior to all others. You are so wise, we are just sheep. All hail Saburzfan. -- Maybe not.

there's no need for that.i don't need minions.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2006, 11:14 PM
there's no need for that.i don't need minions.
Maybe some other time! :funny:

The_Philster
10-31-2006, 04:17 AM
you JP guys are a ***king waste. (Just my opinion.) And Phil, you have'n thought since your previous life.
More personal attacks....why am I not surprised?

FinFaninBuffalo
11-02-2006, 04:27 PM

There is a big difference between the opinion - "JP has not played well enough so far in his career to be considered a good QB" and "JP will never be a good QB"

Most people would agree if you stated the first opinion. You could support that with facts, stats, example plays etc. You are asking people to agree with your ASSUMPTION that JP will never improve and therefore opinion #2 will also turn out to be correct.

It is extremely arrogant to assume that opinion #2 is an obvious truth. Even the Bills coaching staff does not agree with you. They may come to that conclusion some day. Your strongly held belief may even come true, but believing otherwise is not ridiculous by any means.

There are many, many, many examples of QBs who have struggled early in their career and still turned out good. There are many, many examples where the QB never panned out. That is why BOTH opinions are valid.

That is also why opinions on a particular performance vary so wildly. Those that think he will improve are looking for signs that he is improving. Those that have already condemned JP as a failure are looking for evidence to support their opinion.

Ultimately time will tell.

justasportsfan
11-02-2006, 04:29 PM
There is a big difference between the opinion - "JP has not played well enough so far in his career to be considered a good QB" and "JP will never be a good QB"

Most people would agree if you stated the first opinion. You could support that with facts, stats, example plays etc. You are asking people to agree with your ASSUMPTION that JP will never improve and therefore opinion #2 will also turn out to be correct.

It is extremely arrogant to assume that opinion #2 is an obvious truth. Even the Bills coaching staff does not agree with you. They may come to that conclusion some day. Your strongly held belief may even come true, but believing otherwise is not ridiculous by any means.

There are many, many, many examples of QBs who have struggled early in their career and still turned out good. There are many, many examples where the QB never panned out. That is why BOTH opinions are valid.

That is also why opinions on a particular performance vary so wildly. Those that think he will improve are looking for signs that he is improving. Those that have already condemned JP as a failure are looking for evidence to support their opinion.

Ultimately time will tell.
:bf1:

FinFaninBuffalo
11-02-2006, 04:36 PM
:bf1:

Thank you. I am standing by my decision to use no (or very little) smack on this message board.

Honestly, it is a very difficult decision to determine how long you should give a player to improve. Most fans want instant success. For every team that waited too long to pull the plug on a failed experiment, there is another that is kicking itself for giving up too soon.

Iehoshua
11-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Thank you. I am standing by my decision to use no (or very little) smack on this message board.

Honestly, it is a very difficult decision to determine how long you should give a player to improve. Most fans want instant success. For every team that waited too long to pull the plug on a failed experiment, there is another that is kicking itself for giving up too soon.
QBs such as Drew Brees, Rich Ganon, Trent Green, to name a few...

It is the nature of the league, however...

justasportsfan
11-02-2006, 04:41 PM

kewl

I too am aware that he could turn out to be the qb I disliked the most , Rob Johnson. But's it's too early to tell.

Mr. Pink
11-02-2006, 05:12 PM
So yeah, The 49ers gave up too soon on Jim Druckenmiller. The Seahawks too quickly on Dan McGwire. The Browns/Ravens too quickly on Eric Zeier. The Raiders too quickly on Todd Marinovich. The Bengals too quickly on Akili Smith. and this list can go on and on and on.

At one point, it's time to call a spade a spade and move on for the better of the franchise.

It's HARD...wait, let me rephrase that...IT'S VERY ****ING HARD to keep watching this team lose games because we have a QB who fumbles when running into a ref let alone fumbling because he has zero clue at what BALL SECURITY is. Or watching him run around like a chicken with his head cut off because he has no idea what else to do.

But people like us aren't real fans because we can't stand to watch this bum make mistake after mistake after mistake, not learn anything from them and look totally disinterested and uncaring after he makes them. I dunno about you, but if I fumbled because of bumping into a ref I'd feel very stupid and po'd about it. But apparently Losman is able to keep the same demeanor no matter what happens.

OpIv37
11-02-2006, 05:33 PM
There is a difference between fact and opinion.

That being said, i see nothing wrong with looking at life through rose colored glasses.

I do. An optimist can never be pleasantly surprised. And if you let your optimism blind you to reality, you're going to be unprepared in a lot of situations. You need to read Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

patmoran2006
11-02-2006, 05:33 PM
So yeah, The 49ers gave up too soon on Jim Druckenmiller. The Seahawks too quickly on Dan McGwire. The Browns/Ravens too quickly on Eric Zeier. The Raiders too quickly on Todd Marinovich. The Bengals too quickly on Akili Smith. and this list can go on and on and on.

At one point, it's time to call a spade a spade and move on for the better of the franchise.

It's HARD...wait, let me rephrase that...IT'S VERY ****ING HARD to keep watching this team lose games because we have a QB who fumbles when running into a ref let alone fumbling because he has zero clue at what BALL SECURITY is. Or watching him run around like a chicken with his head cut off because he has no idea what else to do.

But people like us aren't real fans because we can't stand to watch this bum make mistake after mistake after mistake, not learn anything from them and look totally disinterested and uncaring after he makes them. I dunno about you, but if I fumbled because of bumping into a ref I'd feel very stupid and po'd about it. But apparently Losman is able to keep the same demeanor no matter what happens.
Most people will not agree with you because they dont have the balls too, and some will even be foolish enough to bring ******ed Manning, Aikman and Elway comparisons on how they struggled early on.

BUt this is the BEST post and most accurate statement I've heard this ENTIRE football season on here..

OpIv37
11-02-2006, 05:34 PM

those things are hard to watch and JP has been horrid over the last few games. But if you think that's the only problem this team has, you're the one with the rose colored glasses. This team's issues far transcend JP Losman.

patmoran2006
11-02-2006, 05:43 PM
those things are hard to watch and JP has been horrid over the last few games. But if you think that's the only problem this team has, you're the one with the rose colored glasses. This team's issues far transcend JP Losman.
You are correct..

But when perhaps your BIGGEST problem is at by FAR the most IMPORTANT position on the football field, your team is going NOWHERE..

Mr. Pink
11-02-2006, 05:45 PM

I never said he's the only problem on this team but he without a shadow of a doubt is the main problem on this squad.

Defensively we're downright terrible from a pass rush to defending the pass to stopping the run.

Offensively though, he is the main problem with this team....as I've stated before if we had a QB that any team had to worry about, teams wouldn't stuff 8 in the box because everyone knows that JP isn't going to beat them. If we had more competent QB play, we'd have a better ground game.

And, oddly enough, with more competent QB play and a better ground game we'd hold the ball longer, score more points and have our porous defense on the field less often which would lessen the chance of that defense getting burned and would give up less points.

I've heard the argument that Losman was going to be on a team with the number 2 defense and since he took over as starter the team got worse defensively. Well with Bledsoe at least the team could sustain some drives and score some points....If you don't think offensive output correlates to how good a defense can perform you're mistaken. Defenses tend to get tired and wear down late in games if they're on the field too long. When a majority of the game you're going 1-2-3 punt, the defense has been on the field WAY TOO LONG.

And people wonder why people on the defensive side of the ball don't like Losman or don't back him. Go figure, he sure as hell doesn't help them out any.

patmoran2006
11-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Blame this on whoever you want.. There are MORE THAN just one goat for this.. OL, RB, WR, blahblahblah..

but we've played seven games and YET to put up 21 points in a game this year.. NOT ****ing ONCE.

Any legitimate QB can have at least ONE game to catch fire and put up three scores in a GAME..

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Give me a break Rude man. You live to push peoples buttons. You deem me and other fans as too attached to our team, for sticking with them through thick and thin. Seriously, I would rather talk with someone who is always serious, versus someone who is never serious. Can never get anything worthy out of your mouth.

FinFaninBuffalo
11-02-2006, 09:03 PM

All of that proves absolutely nothing about Losman.

FinFaninBuffalo
11-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Most people will not agree with you because they dont have the balls too, and some will even be foolish enough to bring ******ed Manning, Aikman and Elway comparisons on how they struggled early on.

BUt this is the BEST post and most accurate statement I've heard this ENTIRE football season on here..

Why do you get to decided which QBs that struggled early in their career should be okay to compare to Losman?

Add Steve Young to the mix. He looked pretty crappy in TB. He turned out okay.

Doug Flutie sucked when he got his first chance to start in NE. Flutie had a QB rating of 75 in 1999 with the Bills. He is considered God by many Bills fans.

alohabillsfan
11-03-2006, 08:45 AM
The bottom line is this, JP and the TEAM has to win at least 5 more games! The offence has to score more than 17 points to do it. The problem I see is that we have the inability to drive the length of the field and punch the ball in, it seems like we only score on big broken plays. JP has to read the defense and change the play if required. And just maybe if the O can muster a lead of more than 3 and shows the ability to put some drives resulting in TD's tha defense may play with a little more passion and sense of urgency!

As far as this thread goes I will always be loyle to the BUFFALO BILLS, WIN OR LOSE that is what being a true fan is not a bandwagon fan.

justasportsfan
11-03-2006, 08:56 AM

Haha! For every Elway ,Farve there's Jim Druckenmiller,McGwire etc. But it's only ******ed when people bring up Farve and company even though both sides have a point?

You guys are so full of it. JP did his part in the first game and against the jets. He didn't lose those games. If our D did their job as well we'd have a different record with those 2 games and you guys wouldn't be whining.

JP is just your scapegoat . The other side is retared because they don't agree with you. Ha, that's a joke.

Night Train
11-03-2006, 09:33 AM

First you say it's your OPINION. Fair enough.

Then you contradict yourself by stating it's THE TRUTH. So your really not stating an opinion but telling us it's actually FACT.. and anyone that thinks different is wrong.

I see you decided to cross the insecure arrogance bridge with your buddies that thanked you in your initial post. Some of the dumbest lemmings on this site. Impressive job, Sparky.

When is the next meeting of the Titanic Club ?

Inetpub
11-03-2006, 10:21 AM
First you say it's your OPINION. Fair enough.

Then you contradict yourself by stating it's THE TRUTH. So your really not stating an opinion but telling us it's actually FACT.. and anyone that thinks different is wrong.

I see you decided to cross the insecure arrogance bridge with your buddies that thanked you in your initial post. Some of the dumbest lemmings on this site. Impressive job, Sparky.

When is the next meeting of the Titanic Club ?
I think you are wrong there. Just because he used Opinion and Truth in 1 post, it doesnt mean he cant refer to two different situations. In his post, he said his opinion. He also quoted the truth on jaded people on forums. Contradictory? No cause its referring to two different situations. His use of the word "The Truth" is a noun. He never explains what the truth is. He isnt factually stating The truth is Red is the color of blood. He is factually stating the truth escapes people. What truth he is referring to we dont know. Is it the truth about JP's facts? Is it the truth about his physical attributes? You cant judge what he is referring to when he says that.

Either or, His post was about 2 different situations so it isnt contradictory. 1 explaining opinion, the other explaining fact.

patmoran2006
11-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Haha! For every Elway ,Farve there's Jim Druckenmiller,McGwire etc. But it's only ******ed when people bring up Farve and company even though both sides have a point?

You guys are so full of it. JP did his part in the first game and against the jets. He didn't lose those games. If our D did their job as well we'd have a different record with those 2 games and you guys wouldn't be whining.

JP is just your scapegoat . The other side is retared because they don't agree with you. Ha, that's a joke.

JP is NOT the scapegoat.. Blaming a 2-5 season because a former Pro Bowl LB is not playing, or your CB is struggling, or there is no 2nd WR is a bum is a scapegoat..

when your QB sucks, your record will suck.. and thats the way it is.

Romes
11-03-2006, 11:04 AM
JP is NOT the scapegoat.. Blaming a 2-5 season because a former Pro Bowl LB is not playing, or your CB is struggling, or there is no 2nd WR is a bum is a scapegoat..

*cough* Trent Dilfer *cough*

When your team sucks your record will suck and thats it.

Plenty of below average QB's have won the Super Bowl around solid teams.

Sure the QB is important, but its not like JP's mistakes are not correctable. Just give it some more time and we'll see.

jamze132
11-03-2006, 11:20 AM
You are correct..

But when perhaps your BIGGEST problem is at by FAR the most IMPORTANT position on the football field, your team is going NOWHERE..
Oh you must be refering to the O-line then, right?

I remember a team winning the Super Bowl with a great O-line and a great defense. Thing is their QB wasnt all there. Let me know when you think of this team and it's QB.

justasportsfan
11-03-2006, 12:03 PM

it's pretty obvious you are blaming JP for the Pats and Jets game since you are pretty much blaming him for the record. Oh well. My prediction is that you'll eventually eat your crow for all this player hating . :up:

Inetpub
11-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Why do you get to decided which QBs that struggled early in their career should be okay to compare to Losman?

Add Steve Young to the mix. He looked pretty crappy in TB. He turned out okay.

Doug Flutie sucked when he got his first chance to start in NE. Flutie had a QB rating of 75 in 1999 with the Bills. He is considered God by many Bills fans.
All that proves nothing about Losman.

Romes
11-03-2006, 01:13 PM
All that proves nothing about Losman.

I hope you realize that FinFan's point is that good or bad, other QB's don't prove anything about Losman.

its not like he was trying to make a case for Losman.

Infact its kinda hard to make a case for Losman at this point but a very solid case can be made that it is still too early to tell.

FinFaninBuffalo
11-03-2006, 02:05 PM
I hope you realize that FinFan's point is that good or bad, other QB's don't prove anything about Losman.

its not like he was trying to make a case for Losman.

Infact its kinda hard to make a case for Losman at this point but a very solid case can be made that it is still too early to tell.

Exactly. And if any of us knew how much time should be allotted to each struggling QB and exactly how the future would turn out, we would not be debating this point on billszone. We'd be making a couple of mil per year as part of a coaching staff or front office.

If anyone thinks they can, here is a link:

http://footballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/default.cfm#

Inetpub
11-03-2006, 02:22 PM
At the end of the day, it all comes down to opportunity. Right now, JP Losman has the opportunity to shine. If he doesnt start shining soon, that opportunity will pass him.

Without that opportunity, no one will ever succeed in any pro sport. You cant throw a TD pass if you have no opportunity to throw one. You cant run for a TD if you have no opportunity to touch the ball.

In saying that, its JP's opportunity to shine right now but my personal opinion is that his opportunity isnt as big compared to when he first won the job.

justasportsfan
11-03-2006, 02:32 PM
At the end of the day, it all comes down to opportunity. Right now, JP Losman has the opportunity to shine. .With a crappy OL early in the season and now an OL that's revamped ? Serioulsy guys, you haters are finding every stupid way to blame things on JP.

Give him Rivers' OL , Gates and LT then if he still blows I'll be the first to say he's the 2nd coming of Rob Johnson.

patmoran2006
11-03-2006, 05:58 PM
it's pretty obvious you are blaming JP for the Pats and Jets game since you are pretty much blaming him for the record. Oh well. My prediction is that you'll eventually eat your crow for all this player hating . :up:
if you're talking about the first NE game, I thought Losman played very well. If you're talking about the recent NE game, Losman ran around like a confused clown..

7 GAmes played, 0 games with 21 points.. Even you have to agree that at some point your QB has to do something to put you in a position to win a game (and not just play to not lose- like we did against NE and Miami early)..

If its going to take every facet of the offense gellin' to get any kind of good QB play, we are in trouble for a LONG time.

justasportsfan
11-03-2006, 06:00 PM
if you're talking about the first NE game, I thought Losman played very well. If you're talking about the recent NE game, Losman ran around like a confused clown..

7 GAmes played, 0 games with 21 points.. Even you have to agree that at some point your QB has to do something to put you in a position to win a game (and not just play to not lose- like we did against NE and Miami early)..

If its going to take every facet of the offense gellin' to get any kind of good QB play, we are in trouble for a LONG time.
yup, I was alking about the first NE game.

patmoran2006
11-03-2006, 06:13 PM
yup, I was alking about the first NE game.

Except for the stupid safety, I thought Losman played an EXCELLENT game against NE.. and I thought he played an even BETTER game at Miami **** the stats.. And he played well against Minny.. Showed good command of the offense.

What concerns me MOST is the good QB's get BETTER with each game, and not worst.. 1-2 bad games in a row happens, 3 straight is a PATTERN.

Inetpub
11-03-2006, 10:04 PM
With a crappy OL early in the season and now an OL that's revamped ? Serioulsy guys, you haters are finding every stupid way to blame things on JP.

Give him Rivers' OL , Gates and LT then if he still blows I'll be the first to say he's the 2nd coming of Rob Johnson.
Did I blame JP on anything there?
ARe you that jaded that you read I blamed JP? I simply said its based on opportunity. If JP had the opportunity to do things.....OPPORTUNITY. In closing I said his window of opportunity might not be as big as it was in the beginning of the year. I never said put in Kelly or Nall.

Read what is posted! Not how you want to read it.

Inetpub
11-03-2006, 10:07 PM
With a crappy OL early in the season and now an OL that's revamped ? Serioulsy guys, you haters are finding every stupid way to blame things on JP.

Secondly, How do you know RJ wasnt a man of the same OL misfortunes? We have been building the OL for YEARS. Your basing that on presumption. If you ask me, RJ had a crappy OL back then too. He never was a first string after Buffalo so you cant say RJ Blows because he was bad. Maybe he blew because the OL sucked.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2006, 10:08 PM
ARe you that jaded that you read I blamed JP? I simply said its based on opportunity. If JP had the opportunity to do things.....OPPORTUNITY. In closing I said his window of opportunity might not be as big as it was in the beginning of the year. I never said put in Kelly or Nall.

Read what is posted! Not how you want to read it.

To me opportunity means he's in the game...he has a chance to make things happen and he's failed miserably. You should have said put Nall in, I'd go as far to say that now. We know what we have in Holcomb and aged veteran who's very vanilla and we know what we have in JP, a guy who is allergic to ball security...we have no idea what we have in Nall. We might as well find out, before we go into another offseason trying to find someone, or another offseason of excuses from the Losman fans.

Apparently Losman has zero accountability for anything that's happened this year according to some people.

Inetpub
11-03-2006, 10:16 PM
To me opportunity means he's in the game...he has a chance to make things happen and he's failed miserably. You should have said put Nall in, I'd go as far to say that now. We know what we have in Holcomb and aged veteran who's very vanilla and we know what we have in JP, a guy who is allergic to ball security...we have no idea what we have in Nall. We might as well find out, before we go into another offseason trying to find someone, or another offseason of excuses from the Losman fans.

Apparently Losman has zero accountability for anything that's happened this year according to some people. Nah, Im not a fan of Nall. My post was just about Opportunity and how I think JP's window of opportunity isnt as big as some people think. Anyways, JP's the QB. What I really liked about your post though is your last line. It is 1000% percent accurate. Even when JP admit he needs to step up and that it starts with him, some here still wont believe it. Odd isnt it. Its like me saying "the leaves are green" and them seeing it as green but they'll turn around and say "the leaves are pink". Go figure.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Nah, Im not a fan of Nall. My post was just about Opportunity and how I think JP's window of opportunity isnt as big as some people think. Anyways, JP's the QB. What I really liked about your post though is your last line. It is 1000% percent accurate. Even when JP admit he needs to step up and that it starts with him, some here still wont believe it. Odd isnt it. Its like me saying "the leaves are green" and them seeing it as green but they'll turn around and say "the leaves are pink". Go figure.

I think JP has this year and maybe next year. It depends how he finishes out the rest of the season, in all honesty. I really dont see Jauron even entertaining the idea of benching JP this season. All of his interviews with the media so far, have supported that thesis.

justasportsfan
11-04-2006, 08:41 AM

Read what is posted! Not how you want to read it.you've already labeled JP a bust and all you do is continue to do so. Who do you think you're trying to kid?

justasportsfan
11-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Secondly, How do you know RJ wasnt a man of the same OL misfortunes? We have been building the OL for YEARS. Your basing that on presumption. If you ask me, RJ had a crappy OL back then too. He never was a first string after Buffalo so you cant say RJ Blows because he was bad. Maybe he blew because the OL sucked.
Rob had a bad OL but it just wasn't the OL that was a problem. It was Rob giving upon a play before a snap was even made. JP never gives up on a play to a fault and his work ethic to get better is the opposite of Robosack.