PDA

View Full Version : Gnaw on this for a while: Would you trade Price for Bledsoe?

Ebenezer
02-27-2003, 06:21 PM
Let's assume TD trades PP and gets a 1st round pick in return. Does anybody realize that in essence he traded Price for Bledsoe and moved down 9 spots in the draft (assuming the trade was with Atlanta). Even though he got the services of both for one season together, he probably ending up spending $2 million more against the cap then if he simply would have kept Price and not acquired Bledsoe?

What do you think of that??

:biggrin:

imbondz
02-27-2003, 06:26 PM
wow, i'm still trying to understand this post...

lordofgun
02-27-2003, 06:33 PM
:dizzy: I'll be gnawing on that for a long, long time. :D

justasportsfan
02-27-2003, 06:33 PM
I thought of that too. Yup, I would. I know someone who wouldn't. He's got something to do with chicken and the chicken isn't shiny.

ArcticWildMan
02-27-2003, 06:42 PM
Ummm....yeah....I agree with Eb.... I think :scratch:

justasportsfan
02-27-2003, 06:50 PM
I can't wait for Ublink to gnaw on this......:D

The_Philster
02-27-2003, 07:07 PM
Sounds like a good trade for me. Fast WRs are a lot easier to find than solid QBs.

Bufftp
02-27-2003, 07:13 PM
I would trade for Bledsoe even up in a yankee minute. What was their to ponder.

Shiny Chicken
02-27-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I thought of that too. Yup, I would. I know someone who wouldn't. He's got something to do with chicken and the chicken isn't shiny.

:scratch:

<------ confused chicken

Shiny Chicken
02-27-2003, 07:31 PM
oh... wys... i'm a dumbass

Anyway, this chicken thinks it does make sense!

Ð
02-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Gnaw gnaw gnaw gnaw
Gnaw gnaw gnaw gnaw
Hey hey hey
Goodbye!

Bert102176
02-27-2003, 08:38 PM
well I hope it's not to Atlanta cause I personnaly would like a top 10 pick.

4thAndLong
02-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Well, Price was going to be gone anyways...So we basically got Bledsoe for moving down 9 spots...What a steal!

Doc
02-27-2003, 08:56 PM
That's an interesting way of looking at it, and if the trade to Atlanta (I'm holding out the Skins want in and give the Bills the 13th overall pick) happens, it will have been an incredible move on TD's part to get a Pro Bowl QB simply by trading down (in essence) 9 spots! However beyond that, you have to realize that Bledsoe made Price as hot a commodity as he is by getting him the ball last year with his passing prowess, so it's not like the Bills would have gotten as good value for Price this year had the Bledsoe trade never happened, i.e. it AVP were the QB last year. Gnaw on THAT for awhile!

Ingtar33
02-27-2003, 09:00 PM
I don’t agree with your logic and here’s why

Well as trades go...

First thing you have to understand is that in the NFL trading for draft picks in "other" years, there is a predetermined series to judge its worth...

For example a 1st round pick from next year is worth a 2nd round pick this year. A 2nd round pick from next year is worth a 3rd round pick from this year... and so forth.

When we acquired Bledsoe, we traded a 1st round pick from the NEXT season, which in the NFL math, is the equivalent of a 2nd round pick from that year...

So Bledsoe, in 'evened up' NFL currency, was actually traded for a 2nd round pick...

So what you should be asking is: would you trade Peerless and a 2nd rounder for Bledsoe and a 1st, this year? Because that is the trade in question when you consider the 'time index' in question.

Furthermore you have to consider if Price could have be worth a 1st round pick this year without Bledsoe?

SABURZFAN
02-27-2003, 10:24 PM
bledsoe is the one who made the offense more dangerous than it was the previous 2 years.price isn't as good as he thinks he is,ala t.glenn in new england.

Ingtar33
02-27-2003, 10:27 PM
bingo

kgun12
02-27-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
I don’t agree with your logic and here’s why

Well as trades go...

First thing you have to understand is that in the NFL trading for draft picks in &quot;other&quot; years, there is a predetermined series to judge its worth...

For example a 1st round pick from next year is worth a 2nd round pick this year. A 2nd round pick from next year is worth a 3rd round pick from this year... and so forth.

When we acquired Bledsoe, we traded a 1st round pick from the NEXT season, which in the NFL math, is the equivalent of a 2nd round pick from that year...

So Bledsoe, in 'evened up' NFL currency, was actually traded for a 2nd round pick...

So what you should be asking is: would you trade Peerless and a 2nd rounder for Bledsoe and a 1st, this year? Because that is the trade in question when you consider the 'time index' in question.

Furthermore you have to consider if Price could have be worth a 1st round pick this year without Bledsoe? :

I was ready to respond to the original thread cause I thought I had digested it, THAAAAAAAN this one came along.

All I can say at this point is TRUE!

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2003, 01:59 AM
Ingtar got it right on the head. And my answer is YES IN A HEARTBEAT.

Remember, Price was NOTHING before Bledsoe came along. He's good, but not that good. He'll begin to fade once he leaves Buffalo, and I'm not cursing him out because I'm angry at him or anything.

Ingtar33
02-28-2003, 02:21 AM
don't forget Bledsoe made Brisby and Timpson look like an all pro WRs

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2003, 02:59 AM
Who the heck are Brisby and Timpson? Sound like a spinoff of Ren and Stimpy.

imbondz
02-28-2003, 03:00 AM
there are so many posts I want to respond to so...

to everyone who I agree with on this, I agree.
and to everyone I didn't understand. heh?

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by imbondz
to everyone who I agree with on this, I agree.
and to everyone I didn't understand. heh?
NAMES! Dang it! I want names!!!

The_Philster
02-28-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Who the heck are Brisby and Timpson? Sound like a spinoff of Ren and Stimpy.

Vincent Brisby and Michael (?) Timpson...former WRs for the patriots.

mush69
02-28-2003, 06:38 AM
I have to agree that without Bledsoe, Price wouldn't in the position that he is. Last year was his best out the last 3 by far and that could be attributed to a couple of things. Experience being the biggest but without Drew throwing the Ball he doesn't get the #'s.

Earthquake Enyart
02-28-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33

I believe that this proves that TD has the power to alter the space time continuum.

The Bills will be back in the playoffs at light speed.