PDA

View Full Version : Belichick pays the refs. End of story.

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2006, 09:49 PM
With that OBVIOUS catch that was ruled incomplete, and with BB's "chatting" with the ref beforehand, I have zero doubt that BB pays the refs. It's really disgusting.

The Pats deserve to lose every game for the rest of the decade.

DBrown77
10-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Un....friggin....believeable. If anyone is watching the Monday night game this refereeing is horrible.

The Pats get nothing called on them.

The long bomb pass interference no call? The absolutely rediculous no catch call with Wiggins? The ref even switched his call after bellicheck complained. Even Kornheiser said "Only Bellicheck can make a ref change his call." At least someone sees it. After review that was the most obvious catch and fumble, but it wouldnt be right if the pats didnt get all the calls.. I cant believe it didnt get overturned

bluehaze
10-30-2006, 09:55 PM
LOL I saw it too, it's was so blatant even the announcers we're complaining...I dont get it.

PcA125
10-30-2006, 09:56 PM
I know, its absolute BS. I hate the Pats.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Look, the Pats are freakin good. All the good teams get the breaks. It sucks, but it is the way it works.

I hate the Pats... but damn I want to be like them. Brady is just uncanny good.

jmb1099
10-30-2006, 10:02 PM
NFL =WWE

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-30-2006, 10:06 PM
He's not paying them... hes feeding them hookers after the game.

OH MY GOSH! DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD?

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2006, 10:08 PM
It's not happening.

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Look, the Pats are freakin good. All the good teams get the breaks. It sucks, but it is the way it works.

Brady is good but not uncanny good. The defense puts him into position to score. BB's gameplans are near perfection every effing time. And then you have the refs being paid off. Add it all up and you get Ws.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2006, 10:16 PM
The Patriots are the most disciplined team in the NFL, by far. That's why you dont see many penalties on them. I used to think the same, but once I put my hatred aside for the Patriots, I realized that many of their 'breaks' arent really breaks at all, just the right call..

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-30-2006, 10:19 PM
The Patriots are the most disciplined team in the NFL, by far. That's why you dont see many penalties on them. I used to think the same, but once I put my hatred aside for the Patriots, I realized that many of their 'breaks' arent really breaks at all, just the right call..

the truths sucks so it is better to make up wild conspiricy theories :)

paladin warrior
10-30-2006, 10:22 PM
when NE will be last place. 2 years later?

jmb1099
10-30-2006, 10:32 PM
It's not happening.
Neither is global warming or increasing tax rates.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2006, 10:37 PM
the truths sucks so it is better to make up wild conspiricy theories :)
Dammit! Your catching onto me keith! :geek:

Mr. Miyagi
10-30-2006, 10:38 PM
OH GOD I can't take all that ass-kissing to the Pats and Tom Brady by the ESPN crew anymore!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2006, 10:40 PM
OH GOD I can't take all that ass-kissing to the Pats and Tom Brady by the ESPN crew anymore!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
Tom Brady is such a good QB. Tedy Bruschi. Tom Brady. Tedy Bruschi. Tom Brady. Tedy Bruschi. Tom Brady. Tedy Bruschi. Tom Brady. Tedy Bruschi. Tom Brady. I do that untill your head explodes Mr.Miyagi.

Ickybaluky
10-30-2006, 10:58 PM
when NE will be last place. 2 years later?

Hard to say. The only thing known is this:

1) Tom Brady is 29 years old

2) The Patriots have 9 draft picks next year, with extra picks in the 1st and 7th rounds. They should be in line for about 3 extra compensation picks (including at least one in about the 4th round) due to their free agent losses (which were considerable)

3) The Patriots are on target to start free agency next year about $20M in cap space, with 41 players already under contract next year.

One of my favorite things here every year is all the people predicting the demise of the Patriots. Cracks me up.

One of these years those people are bound to be right.

PECKERWOOD
10-30-2006, 11:04 PM
I hate the Patriots. =(

Mr. Cynical
10-30-2006, 11:22 PM
One of my favorite things here every year is all the people predicting the demise of the Patriots. Cracks me up.

One of these years those people are bound to be right.

Sorry but this is one time I just have to say stick it where the sun don't shine. Bottom line - this is smack from a Pats fan on a Bills board.

Ebenezer
10-31-2006, 01:02 AM
Sorry but this is one time I just have to say stick it where the sun don't shine. Bottom line - this is smack from a Pats fan on a Bills board.
it's not smack...they have three rings and except for Indi are probably on another trip to the SB...excuse him for being right...people, EXPERTS, have been predicting NE's demise for 5 years...ain't happened yet...as Bruce Smith once said "it ain't braggin if you can do it"...

Ebenezer
10-31-2006, 01:03 AM
threads merged

The_Philster
10-31-2006, 04:28 AM
With that OBVIOUS catch that was ruled incomplete, and with BB's "chatting" with the ref beforehand, I have zero doubt that BB pays the refs. It's really disgusting.

The Pats deserve to lose every game for the rest of the decade.
Belichek got hired in 2000...the "Just Give It To Them" game (the biggest example of one-sided and dishonest officiating I've ever seen) was in 98...Kraft is the one paying off the refs

LtFinFan66
10-31-2006, 04:43 AM
:scratch:

Mitchy moo
10-31-2006, 05:37 AM
Kraft nubs the commissioner, that's the real problem.

Typ0
10-31-2006, 05:40 AM
Did anyone see the JETS game? Was it just me or did the Jets score a TD with less than a minute on the clock only to have it taken away by the refs who wouldn't rule their receiver was pushed out of bounce. Honestly, I didn't watch the game last night but it still continues to wear on me that the officiating is piss poor in what is supposed to be the greatest game on earth.

mybills
10-31-2006, 07:07 AM
Here's how it went down..

Belichick: I'll give you $10k to say it wasn't a catch. I know they'll challenge it, so I'll give you another $10k to say the ruling on the field stands.

Ref: You've got yourself a deal!

scott51
10-31-2006, 07:29 AM

You are right, but in the 23 years I have been watching football, (I am 28, been watching since I was 5) I have NEVER seen a team get calls for them like the Pats do! Its absolutely disgusting! I hate Bill Bellicheck (or however you spell Mr. Ref Payers name), I hate Tom Brady, I HATE THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS!!

I am beginning to think the NFL was soooooo desperate for a dynasty that they are lowering to paying for one!!!

Ickybaluky
10-31-2006, 08:22 AM

Just trying to be helpful and give the guy some information so he can find an answer to his question.

DynaPaul
10-31-2006, 04:24 PM
Just trying to be helpful and give the guy some information so he can find an answer to his question.

People predict their demise every year because, frankly, they're not really talented. It boggles the mind how they actually win and no the gameplans aren't works of genius every week.

Mr. Cynical
10-31-2006, 05:46 PM
it's not smack...they have three rings and except for Indi are probably on another trip to the SB...excuse him for being right...people, EXPERTS, have been predicting NE's demise for 5 years...ain't happened yet...as Bruce Smith once said "it ain't braggin if you can do it"...

Wrong. When you come on a BILLS fan site as a PATS fan and say it "cracks you up" to hear BILLS fans say things about the PATS...its called smack. I could care less if the Pats can back it up. That's completely irrelevant.

Mr. Cynical
10-31-2006, 05:50 PM

I'm not buying the babe in the woods routine. You added a jab at the end, plain and simple.

bledslow
10-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Un....friggin....believeable. If anyone is watching the Monday night game this refereeing is horrible.

The Pats get nothing called on them.

The long bomb pass interference no call? The absolutely rediculous no catch call with Wiggins? The ref even switched his call after bellicheck complained. Even Kornheiser said "Only Bellicheck can make a ref change his call." At least someone sees it. After review that was the most obvious catch and fumble, but it wouldnt be right if the pats didnt get all the calls.. I cant believe it didnt get overturned

The long bomb non PI call was a good one because the receiver actually touched the pats defender first(samuel),the one in the endzone im talking about. It should have been a offensive pi since the receiver put his hands on the defender first.

The wiggins one was bad,pats get bad calls against them alot--All teams do--Only a crying fool will think other-wise(not calling you one)

Typ0
10-31-2006, 09:28 PM
The long bomb non PI call was a good one because the receiver actually touched the pats defender first(samuel),the one in the endzone im talking about. It should have been a offensive pi since the receiver put his hands on the defender first.

The wiggins one was bad,pats get bad calls against them alot--All teams do--Only a crying fool will think other-wise(not calling you one)

all teams do get bad calls against them because the officiating is horrible. But I also believe there are some cultural issues amongst the officials that cause them to favor some teams over others and the Pats are benefiting from this. To me, it looks like the officials often decide some teams are the better teams and they go out there trying to protect them from wrongdoing.

Ebenezer
10-31-2006, 11:10 PM
Wrong. When you come on a BILLS fan site as a PATS fan and say it "cracks you up" to hear BILLS fans say things about the PATS...its called smack. I could care less if the Pats can back it up. That's completely irrelevant.
no, if he wanted to smack you he could have said......

"One of my favorite things here every year is all the people predicting the demise of the Patriots. Cracks me up.

One of these years those people are bound to be right. But you can't get your head out of your ass long enough to see that the Pats are the model franchise and your collection of putzes has you duped into thinking your idiot team and idiot fans have a chance...."

that would have been smack...

Mr. Cynical
10-31-2006, 11:42 PM
no, if he wanted to smack you he could have said......

"One of my favorite things here every year is all the people predicting the demise of the Patriots. Cracks me up.

One of these years those people are bound to be right. But you can't get your head out of your ass long enough to see that the Pats are the model franchise and your collection of putzes has you duped into thinking your idiot team and idiot fans have a chance...."

that would have been smack...

That's an example of direct smack, e.g., calling names, using profanity, throwing insults, etc. I don't care how you want to color it, what he said was still smack. Anytime you post on a rival team's site and say how you enjoy it when Bills fans predict the Pats' demise (and get proven wrong).....and then say they are "bound to be right one of these days" is the same thing as saying a even a broken clock is right twice a day or even a blind squirrel finds a nut at some point.

It's still smack, just not as obvious as the smack you wrote.

Ebenezer
11-01-2006, 12:25 AM
That's an example of direct smack, e.g., calling names, using profanity, throwing insults, etc. I don't care how you want to color it, what he said was still smack. Anytime you post on a rival team's site and say how you enjoy it when Bills fans predict the Pats' demise (and get proven wrong).....and then say they are "bound to be right one of these days" is the same thing as saying a even a broken clock is right twice a day or even a blind squirrel finds a nut at some point.

It's still smack, just not as obvious as the smack you wrote.

Reread his quote....he said "PEOPLE" not Bills fans...many PEOPLE, including national experts AS WELL AS Bills fans have been predicting the demise of the Pats for five years...when they lost Crennel, when they lost Weis, when they lost Mangini, when they lost Law, when they lost Milloy, when they plugged in unknown receiver for unknown receiver, when they lost Bruschi to injury, when they signed retread Seau...it was repeated over and over and over again...PEOPLE have been wrong each time - how the Pats were begining their demise...NE39 was right...and it was not smack.

Ickybaluky
11-01-2006, 05:16 AM
I'm not buying the babe in the woods routine. You added a jab at the end, plain and simple.

Babe in the woods? I was just kidding around. I don't like to use smilies, so maybe that was lost to you.

Call it smack if you want, I don't care. Actually, I kind of like your calling it subtle smack, since it makes me sound much smarter than I actually am.

I just was saying I find it funny. I understand where it comes from, and that I'm on a Bills board.

I don't care what you think of it, mind you, but I understand.

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Reread his quote....he said "PEOPLE" not Bills fans...many PEOPLE, including national experts AS WELL AS Bills fans have been predicting the demise of the Pats for five years...when they lost Crennel, when they lost Weis, when they lost Mangini, when they lost Law, when they lost Milloy, when they plugged in unknown receiver for unknown receiver, when they lost Bruschi to injury, when they signed retread Seau...it was repeated over and over and over again...PEOPLE have been wrong each time - how the Pats were begining their demise...NE39 was right...and it was not smack.

You can spin it however you like, people meant people on this board. When someone wants to reference outsiders on this board, they use "experts", "media", etc. I can't believe you are defending a Pats fan with respect to a Bills fan insult, but it is what it is.

Let's agree to disagree and move on.

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Babe in the woods? I was just kidding around. I don't like to use smilies, so maybe that was lost to you.

Call it smack if you want, I don't care. Actually, I kind of like your calling it subtle smack, since it makes me sound much smarter than I actually am.

I just was saying I find it funny. I understand where it comes from, and that I'm on a Bills board.

I don't care what you think of it, mind you, but I understand.

What is lost on you is that as a Pats fan you have to have a certain sensitivity posting on a Bills site, unless of course you don't care and are prepared for the backlash. Granted this was not a huge slam on the Bills or the fans - much worse has been posted by Fish fans - but it was still a shot.

With the absolute dominance the Pats have had on the Bills for the past 6-7 years you have to realize that posting on our site will put you under a different lens. You are a very knowledgeable fan and your comments are insightful and well written. All I'm saying is that given the Pats dominance over the Bills and the growing hatred of your franchise from the Bills Nation, try to choose your words more carefully. Again, that's only if you care about being misread. Otherwise post whatever you want (within the TOS). Up to you...

Ickybaluky
11-01-2006, 12:58 PM
What is lost on you is that as a Pats fan you have to have a certain sensitivity posting on a Bills site, unless of course you don't care and are prepared for the backlash.

I disagree. I think I have as much right to post what I think as anyone, no matter the subject. I do tend to avoid posting on certain topics because, frankly, I'd have nothing to add. I didn't start the thread with the post in question, I merely commented on a something that someone else brought up.

However, I think it is funny how some people have their opinions of other teams colored by their obvious bias against those teams. It cracks me up that people get so emotional and take it so personally. I'm not sure why you find that so inflamatory.

Backlash away.

In fact, I would encourage everyone to neg me. I'd like to lose all my rep points and exist in a more valueless state. I have requested the mods to remove my Avatar, all my rep points and allow me to not be defined in such a material way. The mods have not acted, and in protest I did not renew my donation (which I would gladly do). I would be very grateful if everyone would neg me into the red, and I do not wish to be a troll in order to accomplish that.

Earthquake Enyart
11-01-2006, 01:17 PM
C'mon now. It's obvious that Belichick isn't paying the refs.

He's scoring them some killer weed from his son.

Ickybaluky
11-01-2006, 01:19 PM
C'mon now. It's obvious that Belichick isn't paying the refs.

He's scoring them some killer week from his son.

You mean weed.

He has said he prefers natural grass. Maybe the kid got confused.

Earthquake Enyart
11-01-2006, 01:19 PM
You mean weed.

He has said he prefers natural grass. Maybe the kid got confused.
Typo. :mad:

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2006, 01:44 PM
I disagree. I think I have as much right to post what I think as anyone, no matter the subject.

Where did I say you didn't have the right to post whatever you wanted to (within the TOS)? All I said was to be aware that you may get backlash on certain posts because it's coming from a Pats fan on a Bills board. But I never said you didn't have a "right" to post whatever you think (within the TOS). Post until your fingers bleed, makes no difference to me.

However, I think it is funny how some people have their opinions of other teams colored by their obvious bias against those teams. It cracks me up that people get so emotional and take it so personally. I'm not sure why you find that so inflamatory.

Thanks for proving my argument to Ebenezer. Your use of the term "people" is exactly how I interpreted it in your original post. Hence, it was smack.

And as for being emotional about the Bills, you're damn right I am. I may criticize the organization mercilessly on this board because of the poor product being put on the field but I will defend them against all outsiders without hesitation. That's what it means to be a fan, regardless of logic.

Ickybaluky
11-01-2006, 01:51 PM
And as for being emotional about the Bills, you're damn right I am.

Good for you. I wasn't talking about them, though. They had nothing to do with it.

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Good for you. I wasn't talking about them, though. They had nothing to do with it.

I know.

You were talking about how people (aka Bills fans on this board) crack you up by predicting (wanting) the demise of the Pats to happen (but never does), and that one day they (we) will be right (like even a blind squirrel finds a nut)

Got it.

Ickybaluky
11-01-2006, 02:19 PM
I know.

You were talking about how people (aka Bills fans on this board) crack you up by predicting (wanting) the demise of the Pats to happen (but never does), and that one day they (we) will be right (like even a blind squirrel finds a nut)

Got it.

Yeah. Uh-huh. OK.

You are right.

Backlash away.

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Yeah. Uh-huh. OK.

You are right.

Backlash away.

Yep.

Ickybaluky
11-01-2006, 02:42 PM