PDA

View Full Version : martin done??

CuseJetsFan83
10-31-2006, 02:09 AM
Jets head coach Eric Mangini said earlier Monday that the team would wait until next week to make a decision about activating running back Curtis Martin (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3164) for practice or ending his season. But according to a newspaper report late Monday night, it seems the decision has already been made.......

....... "He told me he's done," said one player, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of Mangini's policy of keeping mum about injuries. "He said he has bone-on-bone and he can't cut. Besides, he's not in any type of shape to play. The only way he would play is by some type of miracle..........

wonder who that player is, if it indeed is the truth....

BADTHINGSMAN
10-31-2006, 02:21 AM
Hell of a back.. I hated watching Martin rip the Bills apart, any other week loved watching the guy run..

CuseJetsFan83
10-31-2006, 02:24 AM
i hated him when he was with pittsburgh back in college, and with the patriots, but once he was a jet....... loved him..........

plus he was just a class act on ur team, against ur team, off field, etc.

SABURZFAN
10-31-2006, 05:35 AM
he's definitely a HOFer.

LtFinFan66
10-31-2006, 06:20 AM
If so, good career Curtis "My Favorite" Martin :clap:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-31-2006, 06:21 AM
the man is going to be on crtuches by the time he is 40. the life of an NFL RB.

PECKERWOOD
10-31-2006, 02:43 PM
Just the term, "bone on bone" really sends shivers down my spine.

Jeff1220
10-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Great RB and a good Christian man. He's been a hard worker year in and year out. I would take a player like him on the Bills any day.

Gunzlingr
10-31-2006, 03:23 PM
It is a sad fact of life in pro sports. :(

CuseJetsFan83
11-01-2006, 02:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2645525

The Jets placed the 33-year-old Martin on the reserved physically-unable-to perform list with a bone-on-bone condition in his right knee, ending his season before it ever got started and throwing his career in doubt.

well, this comes to no surprise to anyone, fan or foe....... although this is the quote that scares the hell outta me......... and as a football fan, scares anyone...

Martin said doctors gave him a very clear indication of the severity of this injury.

"If I don't play, they're saying I have a chance to have a normal life," Martin said. "But if I do play, I can jeopardize that."

Martin said he can run fine, but it's making the cuts and turns that helped make him a star that worries him......

well, if he indeed does push the button and retire..... i hope he remains on the coaching staff, because he is a very very valuable tool and class act!

THATHURMANATOR
11-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Good riddance Martin. I won't miss you.

Richard Gozinya
11-01-2006, 08:55 PM

Exactly. The dude was a warrior, a class act and a sure-fire hall of famer, but he's gonna be walking around his 20 year HS reunion like Redd Foxx, if he's lucky.

BleedinGreenNC
11-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the memories CMart!!