PDA

View Full Version : New QB's

unpaid_bills
10-31-2006, 08:38 AM
Just a little food for thought on some QB's who led their teams to victory this weekend

Charlie Frye
Andrew Walter
David Garrard
Damon Huard
Tony Romo

What did all these teams have in common (except KC)?

Night Train
10-31-2006, 08:58 AM
Just a little food for thought on some QB's who led their teams to victory this weekend

Charlie Frye
Andrew Walter
David Garrard
Damon Huard
Tony Romo

Come January,they'll all be watching the playoffs on TV, like the Bills.

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2006, 09:11 AM
:rofl: I wouldn't say Andrew Walter "led his team to victory" with his 98 yards of total offense.

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2006, 09:11 AM
And the KC win was all Larry Johnson, not Damon Huard.

Earthquake Enyart
10-31-2006, 09:16 AM

Charlie Frye
Andrew Walter
David Garrard
Damon Huard
Tony Romo

1. They all look more promising than JP.

2. None of them were #1 picks.

unpaid_bills
10-31-2006, 09:27 AM
And the KC win was all Larry Johnson, not Damon Huard.

Exactly. You can win, despite a good QB. No turnovers. How can the Raiders win with stats like that. Defense played a big part too.

My point is there is no excuses for JP the Team has to find a way to win

kernowboy
10-31-2006, 09:34 AM
Exactly. You can win, despite a good QB. No turnovers. How can the Raiders win with stats like that. Defense played a big part too.

My point is there is no excuses for JP the Team has to find a way to win

Garrard was even worse though with 87 yds. An interesting article on here

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/10/bills-losman-tightends311006.html

pinpoints either the lack of a good tight end or the coordinators use of a tight end in hampering the effectiveness and development of a young QB. I note that the Jaguars drafted Lewis and have Brady, the Cowboys have Witten, the Browns with Winslow Jr etc. Though I don't think the Raiders fall into this catergory, it sounds more like the Steelers imploding that gave the Raiders their victory.

I do wonder if JP either had better TEs or they were used more effectively would he hold on to the ball as long as he does or dump it off to the outlet that a top TE regularly provides