• Jul 2003

What is your perception of Dick Jauron?

I found these old links and thought they were interesting:

RATING THE COACHES - 2000 SEASON

12. Dick Jauron
    Chicago Bears
    Second year
    Career record: 6-10
    Comment: Don't be fooled by the record. Jauron has the Bears on the verge of the playoffs with a wide-open offense. He gets players to respond.

20. Bill Belichick
    New England Patriots
    First year
    Career record: 36-44
    Comment: Everyone keeps waiting for all those years working with Bill Parcells to rub off on Belichick. Guess what? It ain't happenin'.

RATING THE COACHES - 2001 SEASON

27. Dick Jauron, Chicago Bears. When he was named the Bears coach, there were many in the league who thought he'd be a better head coach than coordinator. So far, that hasn't proved to be true, although he has been limited by poor quarterback play. Jauron's players love him. His cerebral approach -- as a Yale graduate, he might be the league's smartest coach -- is a calming influence in a league of screaming, ranting coaches. Yet he's stern enough to get his point across. The 2001 season is make-or-break for Jauron.

30. Bill Belichick, New England Patriots. His players don't like him, the media doesn't like him, and his inflexibility is tiring. So why is he back running an NFL team? It's because he's a great defensive coordinator who is from the Bill Parcells' tree. Belichick is a much better coordinator than head coach, which the Patriots will find out.
  • Drive 4 Five
    • May 2003

Re: What is your perception of Dick Jauron?

I'd say those comments were probably written by Mark Weiler. J/K

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

I think he is a good coach. It's not like he inherited a good team, when he came here. He has had only 1 offseason to get players for his system, and so far he has done a fantastic job of doing so. I guess Marv, Modrak and Co. deserve some credit for that also. As long as I keep seeing improvements and the players playing hard for him, he can stay.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

imo, DJ is more of an unknown commodity than JP right now.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I'm not thrilled with Jauron at all so far. He's been outcoached in every game. And the team has no discipline- too many turnovers and penalties.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Better players might turn him into a genius. It's happened before.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Statman
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I'm not thrilled with Jauron at all so far. He's been outcoached in every game. And the team has no discipline- too many turnovers and penalties.
                It can't be. His 2000/2001 previews prove that it doesn't mean anything.

I'm curious what the same guy said about his 2002 and 2003 seasons.

Tough division Jauron had to work in too. lol
                Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• Statman
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Better players might turn him into a genius. It's happened before.
                  He had nothing to say about the high priced nothings brought in this offseason?
                  Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Statman
                    He had nothing to say about the high priced nothings brought in this offseason?
                    Unlike a lot of posters here, I don't know a lot about how much lattitude - or money - Ralph allows Marv and DJ to have in the FA process. I do think the draft was pretty good, and that we're in kind of a mess from the Donahoe era, and that we might give DJ (and Marv) more than one offseason and 8 weeks of the regular season to turn the mess around.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      Unlike a lot of posters here, I don't know a lot about how much lattitude - or money - Ralph allows Marv and DJ to have in the FA process. I do think the draft was pretty good, and that we're in kind of a mess from the Donahoe era, and that we might give DJ (and Marv) more than one offseason and 8 weeks of the regular season to turn the mess around.
                      yes. I fully agree that it's too early to render judgment on Jauron. especially since he has a team trying to grasp a new system, an inexperienced QB, a relatively untalented OL, and a combination of questionable talent and youth at the DT position.

it's really hard to say that he's been outcoached at this point. it may very well be a matter of execution, as you can only tell the guys how to do it so many times; once they get out there, it's up to them. I'm not saying that he deserves to be excused for the 2-5 start, but I do think that there's a very good chance that the boys on the field just aren't quite getting it yet.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

23. Gregg Williams, Buffalo Bills. He has prepared his whole life to be an NFL head coach, so don't expect Williams to blow it. He works as hard as anybody and appears to have a solid grasp of the fine line between pushing too much and pushing not enough. As a defensive coach, he's one of the best. He likes to be aggressive, which is a plus with all the speed in the NFL these days. He has a chance to be a real good one.
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

He's a penis

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
                            23. Gregg Williams, Buffalo Bills. He has prepared his whole life to be an NFL head coach, so don't expect Williams to blow it. He works as hard as anybody and appears to have a solid grasp of the fine line between pushing too much and pushing not enough. As a defensive coach, he's one of the best. He likes to be aggressive, which is a plus with all the speed in the NFL these days. He has a chance to be a real good one.

Perfect

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by NE39
                              I found these old links and thought they were interesting:

RATING THE COACHES - 2000 SEASON

12. Dick Jauron
                              Chicago Bears
                              Second year
                              Career record: 6-10
                              Comment: Don't be fooled by the record. Jauron has the Bears on the verge of the playoffs with a wide-open offense. He gets players to respond.

20. Bill Belichick
                              New England Patriots
                              First year
                              Career record: 36-44
                              Comment: Everyone keeps waiting for all those years working with Bill Parcells to rub off on Belichick. Guess what? It ain't happenin'.

RATING THE COACHES - 2001 SEASON

27. Dick Jauron, Chicago Bears. When he was named the Bears coach, there were many in the league who thought he'd be a better head coach than coordinator. So far, that hasn't proved to be true, although he has been limited by poor quarterback play. Jauron's players love him. His cerebral approach -- as a Yale graduate, he might be the league's smartest coach -- is a calming influence in a league of screaming, ranting coaches. Yet he's stern enough to get his point across. The 2001 season is make-or-break for Jauron.

30. Bill Belichick, New England Patriots. His players don't like him, the media doesn't like him, and his inflexibility is tiring. So why is he back running an NFL team? It's because he's a great defensive coordinator who is from the Bill Parcells' tree. Belichick is a much better coordinator than head coach, which the Patriots will find out.
                              That's a key difference IMO. At least BB was/is a defensive genius. Dick has nothing to hang his hat on except his Yale diploma. Not one of his defenses were ever in the top 10.

Dick sucks and will be gone in three years.

Comment

Working...
                              X