PDA

View Full Version : When are we gonna get our chance?!

Billscusey
10-31-2006, 11:49 AM
Every team seems to get their shot every few years, it seems. Every team but the Bills! Where were the Bears, the Bengals, the Seahawks, the Saints, the Falcons and the Giants 5-10 years ago? Since then each of those teams have had some tremendous success, yet the Bills seem to be bypassed.

Damn it, I just want our chance to enjoy football after October!

ICE74129
10-31-2006, 11:53 AM
Every team seems to get their shot every few years, it seems. Every team but the Bills! Where were the Bears, the Bengals, the Seahawks, the Saints, the Falcons and the Giants 5-10 years ago? Since then each of those teams have had some tremendous success, yet the Bills seem to be bypassed.

when we have a new owner

Jeff1220
10-31-2006, 11:56 AM
It's been longer for the Cards and Lions. It's little consolence, but it's true.

SquishDaFish
10-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Starting next year will be our Dynasty.

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2006, 03:07 PM
It's been longer for the Cards and Lions. It's little consolence, but it's true.
Yeah, count your blessings that we're not Detroit. They've been rebuilding since 1957.

OpIv37
10-31-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm starting to think we may never get our chance.

Like Harry Truman said, "The buck stops here". At some point it comes back to the guy at the top: Ralph Wilson. I am seriously doubting his ability to assemble a quality front office at this point. I don't want to take away from what Ralph has done for this team and this city in the past, but in recent years it's been a different story.

And who knows what's going to happen to the team when he kicks off?

Jan Reimers
10-31-2006, 03:44 PM
I think we can get back on track, regardless of ownership. In fact, I think we're improving to the point of looking at the playoffs next year. It seems like we've been down a long time, but I don't believe we have any kind of curse, other than 5 wasted years under Tom Donahoe.

Give Marv a little time.

DraftBoy
10-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Red Sox fans waited 86 years, might not be a bad barometer.

Typ0
10-31-2006, 05:14 PM
The problem with RW is he is "old school" and he want's to recapture the olden days...well today's owners are more savy business people and they want to change and adapt with the times.

bflojohn
11-01-2006, 12:20 AM
You may have heard this... It is highly competitive!! End of story! The other 31 teams are supposedly "in it" to win that championship. I still believe that the Buffalo Bills are counted amongst that group, or I'd turn to other endevours.

Typ0
11-01-2006, 07:17 AM
You may have heard this... It is highly competitive!! End of story! The other 31 teams are supposedly "in it" to win that championship. I still believe that the Buffalo Bills are counted amongst that group, or I'd turn to other endevours.

wanting to win it and demonstrating progress towards that goal are two different things. Ever heard the expression wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first? Well our hands are full of ****. We keep wishing we were a contender. We put on those rose colored glasses because we are all homeys. But then the bottom drops out by midseason and we're left with a pile of **** and talking about the draft. Well it's old. I say to the Bills organization put up or shut up because I'm tired of washing my hands. I can root for them through losing times. I'm still a fan. But I'm not going to be optimistic for the sake of optimism until I see something that gets me excited about this team and right now I see NOTHING.

kernowboy
11-01-2006, 07:56 AM

We were not too far away until Tom Donahoe was brought onboard. Of course he did have to sort out cap issues, as we'd previously gambled on one big push but during his era, although he drafted and signed some good players, he over estimated how close we actually where and this error led us to gambling and losing.

I think we have a new management team in place who will think long term, although it will be a while for them to turn the franchise around. I can see us getting close to the playoffs in 2007, and definitely there in 2008 if we continue to enjoy good drafts. In terms of Free Agency, I will give Marv the benefit of the doubt with his first go, but I expect a better reward come this offseason. Of the Free Agents currently scheduled to be UFA or RFA, I want

Eric Steinbach ... a very good/great LG
Ernest Wilford .... a big No2 WR
Dan Graham ..... a top TE
Pat Ramsay ... a QB who can start in a pinch and who can either push JP, or provide a little breathing space if we draft a QB

eyedog
11-01-2006, 08:07 AM
It all starts with the draft. This team has drafted poorly for the last 6-7 years, thus they remain with the bottom half of the teams. It will take a couple of more good drafts to get a solid foundation again. Of course if they decide to use most of the premium picks on d-backs, wr's, and running backs we will be in this position for another five years.

bflojohn
11-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Typ0, my friend, we are left with two divergent opinions! I like the "direction" of this team NOW, whereby, you are sick and tired of being sick and tired! I truly don't blame you and I've suffered through simply horrible football too! I've often thought, in the last 6 years, where a team would go for 53 heart bypass surgeries! It takes time to change the "culture" of losing, and Marv is "on it", IMO!!