PDA

View Full Version : NFL Players vote

HotRod
10-31-2006, 12:46 PM
on the TEN most overrated player in the NFL.

Terrell Owens, Cowboys.....10%
Brian Urlacher, Bears.....8%
Ray Lewis, Ravens.....7%
Michael Vick, Falcons.....7%
Eli Manning, Giants.....4%
Keyshawn Johnson, Panthers.....4%
Peyton Manning, Colts.....4%
Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers.....3%
Charles Woodson, Packers.....3%
Warren Sapp, Raiders.....3%

:oops:
FAST FACTS: Giants QB Eli Manning and Panthers WR Keyshawn Johnson tied for fifth (4.1%).... TO won the poll for best wide receiver in the NFL (SI PLAYERS, Oct. 16).... Urlacher is third in the NFC with 54 tackles; Lewis is 11th in the AFC with 50.... Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger got only 3.4% of the overall vote but 10% within his own AFC North.... In an accompanying SI PLAYERS poll that asked players to name the most underrated player in the NFL, voters picked Falcons RB Warrick Dunn (2.7%) and also cited Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander, Chiefs QB Trent Green, Colts WR Marvin Harrison and Steelers WR Hines Ward (2.4% each).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/players/10/24/poll.1024/index.html?cnn=yes

Valerie
10-31-2006, 12:48 PM
I totally agree about Terrell Owens. I can't stand him! I wish the Cowboys would kick both him and Drew Deadsoe out!

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2006, 12:54 PM
I agree on Keyshawn, Big Ben, Woodson and Sapp.

TO is indeed very explosive. Urlacher is always around the ball. Lewis has had better days but still good. Vick is way too much of a TD threat, Eli is still young but very good, and Peyton? Anyone saw that Denver game last week?

Valerie
10-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Good point, Miyagi. Peyton is a good quarterback. He's not overrated, IMHO.

I do agree about Ben Roethlisberger though. I think he's highly overrated and probably on his way out with all those concussions.

OpIv37
10-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Ray Lewis is washed up. He was great in his day, but there are plenty of better LB's in the game right now.

TO is overrated because of his attitude. If he showed up, played hard every game and kept his mouth shut, he could be the greatest ever. He's still damn good, but not nearly as good as he's capable of being. Until he gets his ass in gear, he'll always be overrated IMO.

Before this year, I would have agreed that Urlacher is overrated. I think he's proved his value.

I definitely agree that Rothlisbergenheimenreiner is overrated. He had an insane amount of talent around him when they won. He's young and he'll probably be a decent QB in this league, but he won't live up to the hype.

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2006, 02:55 PM
Big Ben is a younger Trent Dilfer. Won the SB with the players around him and a great defense. His job is to not screw things up. But he'll never shoulder the team for a comeback like Peyton and Brady did time and time again.

His biggest play in his career was tripping up that Indy guy on his way to a fumble return for TD in last season's playoff game.

Typ0
10-31-2006, 05:12 PM
LOL...TO is far from overrated. The guy shows up to play and he makes the plays. Not overrated. You might not like him and be sick of hearing about him...but he is not an overrated player.

And the second vote is as far as I needed to get to see this was a load of crap. Urlacher? LMAO. Overrated? A bunch of jealous people are voting in this thing for sure.

OpIv37
10-31-2006, 06:27 PM
LOL...TO is far from overrated. The guy shows up to play and he makes the plays. Not overrated. You might not like him and be sick of hearing about him...but he is not an overrated player.

And the second vote is as far as I needed to get to see this was a load of crap. Urlacher? LMAO. Overrated? A bunch of jealous people are voting in this thing for sure.

before this year, Urlacher WAS overrated. He spent more time nursing injuries than he did making plays. But he's lived up to the hype this year.

You're completely neglecting TO's off-the-field effect, which frequently more than counteracts the plays he makes.

Typ0
10-31-2006, 06:30 PM
before this year, Urlacher WAS overrated. He spent more time nursing injuries than he did making plays. But he's lived up to the hype this year.

You're completely neglecting TO's off-the-field effect, which frequently more than counteracts the plays he makes.

Urlacher has been solid for years. The last two season's he had some injury problems. Before that and since he's been probably the best player on the field every sunday.

I am not neglecting anything about TO. I don't think this has anything to do with off the field antics. This poll is about being overrated which means players that don't live up to their expectations on the field. I've yet to see a game where TO didn't live up to anything on the field. the guy makes the plays. He's not overrated.