PDA

View Full Version : If JP doesn't make it our new QB next year will be...

HHURRICANE
11-01-2006, 08:16 AM
David Garrard.

Inetpub
11-01-2006, 08:21 AM
I actually like that idea. David Garrard should be an NFL starter. For all you guys criticizing him for his 80 yards last weekend, he did win and hes a stable winner.

Kenny
11-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Yeah.... reminds me of the time we all wanted Volek (I mean he sure looked good when McNair went down).

don137
11-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Somehow taking a QB from Jacksonville scares me after the RJ debacle.

Inetpub
11-01-2006, 10:14 AM
And that has everything to do with Garrard? Thats like saying we wont deal with the draft anymore cause we plucked JP from it. Or another crappy first rounder in Mike Williams from it.

Jaybird
11-01-2006, 10:17 AM
i think hes gonna start in jacks next year and byron will be traded. losman will be on the team we wont draft a qb first round, marv doesnt like doing that. I would love matt schaub from ATL.

OpIv37
11-01-2006, 10:36 AM
I actually like that idea. David Garrard should be an NFL starter. For all you guys criticizing him for his 80 yards last weekend, he did win and hes a stable winner.

why is it ok for Garrard to get 80 yards in a win but unacceptable for JP to get 84 yards in a win?

Ickybaluky
11-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Actually, it is looking like Garrard will be Jacksonville's next starting QB.

Jacksonville has to decide soon whether to extend Leftwich for big dollars or move on. They are taking a look at Garrard now, and there is a good shot he remains and Leftwich moves on to another team.

THATHURMANATOR
11-01-2006, 10:50 AM
why is it ok for Garrard to get 80 yards in a win but unacceptable for JP to get 84 yards in a win?
Good point but this JP fiasco sickens me now.

djjimkelly
11-01-2006, 10:58 AM
David Garrard.

i would throw up and stop- watching the bills he throws for 87 yards last weekend YET u guys want him losman throws for same u guys kill him. garrard sucks as does leftwich. jags are solid for 1 reason and 1 only

THEY HAVE A DEFENSE WE DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kernowboy
11-01-2006, 11:04 AM
I think Patrick Ramsey has been unlucky playing in teams with unsettled management and coaching, with sometimes poor offensive line work and receivers. He's been unlucky with injuries, once beating out Brunell only to get injured in the first game. Suffers from taking too many sacks but has a passer rating of 75.0, has started 24 games, has a ratio of 34 TD - 29 INT (the best of the 2002 1st round QB choices) cost nothing in terms of draft picks unlike Schaub and I think Garrard.

He could easily become a Drew Brees with a bigger arm for us. At worst he will push Losman harder than Holcomb or Nall, or can be a one year stop gap if we go QB in the draft.

However we MUST get better at TE and use the position more in the offensive strategy for any QB to succeed.

Inetpub
11-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Did I ever say is was not ok for JP to throw for 84 yards and win? I just said Garrard did win. Yes JP won with 84 yards but his consistency isnt there for the most part. Garrard has constantly stepped in for Leftwich and won games for them. JP has constantly stepped in for us and lost.

So is it ok for JP to throw for 84 yards and win? Yes. As long as he doesnt make his Fumbling bumblings and loses the game for us. The word is WIN. Garrard has a proven winning record. JP, well thats another story.

HHURRICANE
11-01-2006, 11:31 AM
i would throw up and stop- watching the bills he throws for 87 yards last weekend YET u guys want him losman throws for same u guys kill him. garrard sucks as does leftwich. jags are solid for 1 reason and 1 only

Let me be clear. I want JP to make it so we don't have to waste another roster spot when we need so many other players. But if JP "poops the bed" we are going to need a veteran starter.

Matt Schaub is who I really want but I just don't think he would end up in Buffalo. I DON'T WANT LEFTWICH. He's dumber than a box of rocks.

HHURRICANE
11-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah.... reminds me of the time we all wanted Volek (I mean he sure looked good when McNair went down).

Well if you know who's better, and that we have a reasonable chance of getting, I'm all ears!!

Inetpub
11-01-2006, 12:15 PM

Yes someone who doesnt listen. Gotta love them.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302027/gamelogs/2005

David Garrards stats last year. What was his record? 5-1. Games he THREW over 200 yards in that span? 3. Thats as a backup. When Leftwich came back, he went back to his regular job. So, yes he did throw for 87 yards last game..BUT HE WON! 87 yards for 1 game is only 1 game. JP has thrown for 84 yards or less in 4 of his 15 starts! If Garrard sucks, then JP is a pile of ****.

How many games last year did Garrards led offense score more than 20 points? 4 out of the 6. How many times has JP scored more than 20 points? LOL. 2 in 15 games. Only TWICE in 15 games did JP ever break 20 points!

HHURRICANE
11-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Yes someone who doesnt listen. Gotta love them.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302027/gamelogs/2005

David Garrards stats last year. What was his record? 5-1. Games he THREW over 200 yards in that span? 3. Thats as a backup. When Leftwich came back, he went back to his regular job. So, yes he did throw for 87 yards last game..BUT HE WON! 87 yards for 1 game is only 1 game. JP has thrown for 84 yards or less in 4 of his 15 starts! If Garrard sucks, then JP is a pile of ****.

How many games last year did Garrards led offense score more than 20 points? 4 out of the 6. How many times has JP scored more than 20 points? LOL. 2 in 15 games. Only TWICE in 15 games did JP ever break 20 points!

As much as I want JP to succeed you can't completely run from the numbers!

2/15 games with more than 20 points is awful. However, if your line blows you aren't going to be putting up alot of points.

DynaPaul
11-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Three words: Billy Joe Hobart

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Somehow taking a QB from Jacksonville scares me after the RJ debacle.

...or what's turning out to be a JP debacle. :(

How about this.....we get a QB who plays in weather colder than 80 degrees on average? :D

Typ0
11-01-2006, 03:51 PM
if JP isn't our QB next season then it will either be Craig Nall or someone else's reject.

Mr. Cynical
11-01-2006, 03:53 PM
if JP isn't our QB next season then it will either be Craig Nall or someone else's reject.

:doh:

Typ0
11-01-2006, 03:55 PM
:doh:

hey...at least we'll have the OLine fixed.

ibatiger
11-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Nall will be the QB next year if not before the end of the season.