2007 Free Agents

QB- Schaub, Sims
    O-Line- Starks, Davis
    WR- Bennett, Curtis, Wilford
    TE- Graham, Stevens, Brady
    LB- Briggs, June, Morris, Thomas
    D-Line- Freeney, Allen
    DB- Samuel, Harper, Lewis, Hamlin

who would you like to see in a bills uni?

my picks would be samuel, harper, briggs, starks, and if theres any way freeney!
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: 2007 Free Agents

Originally posted by Lee-83
    QB- Schaub, Sims
    O-Line- Starks, Davis
    D-Line- Freeney, Allen

my picks would be samuel, harper, briggs, starks, and if theres any way freeney!

If there is any way to get Schaub, which I highly doubt, we have to sign him. Living in Atlanta and having the chance to watch him play I guarantee wherever he goes he will be a winner. I would bet money on it. I'd bet my house on it!! If he really is available, and JP struggles down the stretch, the Bills have to sign him!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

If Losman does not improve they need to make a run at Schaub. Freeney is a beast but he has been injury prone the last couple years.

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

i wanted to draft Schaub, if Losman busts the rest of the season, Man would i like to see him in a Bills uniform, also Briggs and Davis for the Oline, but Davis is gettin up there and we will see how our T shift works, then pay for a good TE, like Graham
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

I like drew bennet as a #2 or curtis who was under fairchild last year might make a good #2.

Comment

• Inetpub
            i'm a tool
            • Aug 2006

Schaub is underated. Only because the guy in front of him in line is Vick. Otherwise he would be a good decent starter.
            That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Schaub would be a RFA mind you.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

Curtis would give us more of what we have at WR. small and fast.

with the way that Vick has been playing, I imagine that the talk of schaub replacing him in atlanta will die down a little. thus maybe even if Schaub is a RFA Atlanta will be less inclined to spend a lot of $$ on resigning him. Remember how much they're already shelling out to Vick at the QB position.

I'm not giving up on JP yet, but if it looks like we need to do so at the end of the season, Schaub would sure be an attractive option. That would be a lot more enticing than drafting a rookie and waiting 2-3 years for him to develop.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                  Curtis would give us more of what we have at WR. small and fast.

with the way that Vick has been playing, I imagine that the talk of schaub replacing him in atlanta will die down a little. thus maybe even if Schaub is a RFA Atlanta will be less inclined to spend a lot of $$ on resigning him. Remember how much they're already shelling out to Vick at the QB position.

I'm not giving up on JP yet, but if it looks like we need to do so at the end of the season, Schaub would sure be an attractive option. That would be a lot more enticing than drafting a rookie and waiting 2-3 years for him to develop.
                  If JP can't cut it then Schaub would be my #1 alternative to replace him.

Comment

• PcA125
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    If JP can't cut it then Schaub would be my #1 alternative to replace him.
                    I feel the same way
                    Cheers!

Comment

You've missed some players .... Eric Steinbach at LG

My choices:

At QB, Schaub is unproven and is restricted so will cost draft picks. I would go for Ramsey. He's got a passer rating of 75.0, has played behind a porous O Line, takes his hits and gets up and will be an UFA. He hangs onto the ball too much and takes too many sacks, but has started a number of games. Been unlucky at injuries ... at Redskins he beat out Brunell then got injured in his first game suffering a neck injury. He'd push Losman far more than Nall and Holcomb and we get better as a result.

Davis is massively over-rated, Starks is too immobile and doesn't really upgrade us. Steinbach will cost but will be a huge upgrade in the interior. We'll probably use the draft here.

At WR, Wilford. He's restricted but may get released as the Jags have big WRs and need more speed. He won't be happy being 4th. He's 6ft4, 223lbs, catches and blocks okay.

We so need a good TE. Gonzalez is unlikely, Stevens unreliable. Making a run for Graham would have considerable merit.

Briggs will be hugely expensive to sign and you wonder how good he looks by playing with Urlacher, June has off field problems and I think Morris at 31 has a few more miles in the tank and could be interesting.

Freeney and Allen are ends. Freeney will be hugely expensive if he's not franchised. I think the money will more likely be spent if a DT becomes available.

Samuel will likely be franchised if he doesn't sign. I doubt we'd sign a starting S but Terrence Holt is a FS who could easily back up Simpson. Again I don't think the corners are that good. However I think, Mike Rumph, and Andre Woolfork are becoming available and are still young enough to turn their careers around. If Will Peterson does ok with the Eagles, he'll be free as well.

Considering free agents currently available including Mike Pearson (LT), Ahmed Plummer (CB) and Jeff Mitchell (C), I'd go for

Patrick Ramsay QB
                      Ernest Wilford WR
                      Rob Morris MLB
                      Terence Holt FS
                      Dan Graham TE
                      Mike Rumph CB or Andre Woolfork CB

but would also check out Pearson, Mitchell and Plummer, all still potential decent starters.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                        At QB, Schaub is unproven and is restricted so will cost draft picks. I would go for Ramsey. He's got a passer rating of 75.0, has played behind a porous O Line, takes his hits and gets up and will be an UFA. He hangs onto the ball too much and takes too many sacks, but has started a number of games. Been unlucky at injuries ... at Redskins he beat out Brunell then got injured in his first game suffering a neck injury. He'd push Losman far more than Nall and Holcomb and we get better as a result.
                        Are you kidding? Just what we need a proven loser. I'll stick with JP if that's the alternative. Schaub would be an instant starter and quite frankly is already looking way better than JP. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          Are you kidding? Just what we need a proven loser. I'll stick with JP if that's the alternative. Schaub would be an instant starter and quite frankly is already looking way better than JP. Sorry.
                          Schaub has played so little, I am not sure how we can see he'll be an upgrade let alone an instant starter.

Again, I am not prepared to quit on a player simply because he played for a useless team. I find it amazing we disregard options based on other teams ability to utilise these players.

In Ramsey's first season, the Redskins made FIVE qb changes. When he finally had a run he won 50% of the end of season games and got them close in the another one. As a rookie

In his second season, he won 4 of 11 games he started. He was knocked out in the 11th game. In 4 others, the margin was a touchdown or less.

It was well known that Ramsey had an OL as bad as ours, no running game as Davis was injured most of the time, and no receivers of the calibre of Evans. Also he had a college Head Coach trying to be a Pro Head Coach.

Under Gibbs in 2004, Ramsey outperformed Brunell, yet was yanked in and out of the line up. Gibbs went with his QB, Brunell, initially. Eventually he turned to Ramsey who won 3 of the 7 games he started and got the Redskins within a touchdown in 3 others

Yet despite a good performance, Gibbs then drafts Campbell. Ramsey beats out both Brunell and Campbell to start, but get injured in his first game. The Skins went on to have a 10-6 season as the rest of the team came good and as Campbell was regarded as a QB of the future, because Ramsey was picked by the old regime, he was moved on.

He as a TD-Int ratio of 34-29

His passer rating is 75.0. He is sacked about 3 times every game he starts and fumbles once, though he does recover about 50% of these.

He has actually started 24 games. In these games the Redskins have won 10, and lost 8 by less than a touchdown, with 6 others being heavier.

He has however gotten better the longer he has been in the team

Having been messed around at the Redskins where even Peyton Manning would have struggled to have been a success, exactly how is he a proven loser? Our loss will be someone elses gain.

What has Schaub achieved so far?

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

We need an entirely new OL. However we can make that happen, has to happen.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Lee-83
                              QB- Schaub, Sims
                              O-Line- Starks, Davis
                              D-Line- Freeney, Allen

Steinbach, Freeney, Corey Simon, Holliday, Graham, Eric Johnson

Choose 3. 4 would be stellar.

Comment

Working...
                              X