PDA

View Full Version : What is the Greatest need on the Defense next year???

bigbub2352
11-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Talk about filling holes not only do we have major hole here on the Offensive side of the ball Def is also a mess I personally think our greatest need is DT
Kyle Williams
Jason Jefferson
John McCargo IR
Larry Triplett
Tim Anderson
Well i wouldnt be surprised or unhappy if Tim Anderson, and Jason Jefferson didnt make this roster next year, but Kyle and John and i guess Larry could form a decent rotation, but we need is someone stout against the run, anytime a team needs to do anything they run it right up the middle as well as QB sneaks and goaline, plus no pass rush equals CB and Safties looking real bad, I am not making excuses for Nate and Terrance's bad play but it sure as hell doesnt help

That said we need another starting caliber CB since Nate will be gone next year heres is hoping Ashton Youboty does something, we also need LBs to replace London and maybe TKO but i think we can get away with the DE's right now It will be very interesting to see what management decides to do considering they had such a heavy Defsive draft

any thoughts?

Night Train
11-01-2006, 09:17 AM
DT and MLB

justasportsfan
11-01-2006, 09:39 AM
DT and MLB + cb. Youboty will be learning and McGee hasn't exactly been anything great in the cover 2.

OpIv37
11-01-2006, 10:32 AM
DT is the most pressing need,

however, we could use an upgrade at every position except the safety spots (assuming TKO doesn't return to form).

At the very least, we will need a DT, a MLB to replace Fletcher and a CB. I'd like to see an upgrade at DE opposite Schobel. I'm not really sure how I feel about the other two LB spots. Crowell has his moments but hasn't achieved playmaker status yet, Spikes appears to be limited by his injury (although time will tell on that one) and Ellison looked decent but is still a big ?.

L.A. Playa
11-01-2006, 10:34 AM
a new owner

djjimkelly
11-01-2006, 11:05 AM
DT and MLB

couldnt agree more

#1 DT mcrago and triplett fine rest can go

#2 MLB ive said it for a month now fletcher is meant to be in a system with 2 massive DT's like we used to have he is not a behind the line of scrimmage player nor does he have athletism or height to drop in coverage like this defense requires

#3 a serious pass rushing run stuffing DE i know guys who have that combo dont grow on trees but our scheme requires a PUR ANIMAL at LE

Mahdi
11-01-2006, 11:14 AM
couldnt agree more

#1 DT mcrago and triplett fine rest can go

#2 MLB ive said it for a month now fletcher is meant to be in a system with 2 massive DT's like we used to have he is not a behind the line of scrimmage player nor does he have athletism or height to drop in coverage like this defense requires

#3 a serious pass rushing run stuffing DE i know guys who have that combo dont grow on trees but our scheme requires a PUR ANIMAL at LE
Agreed. Ive been saying this for a while now, Fletcher just doesnt fit in this scheme. We need our Urlacher who can stuff runs and cover. Didnt TKO play MLB in Cinci? If he can get back to Probowl form he can play middle and we go with Crowell and Ellison, or a draft pick. My draft would look like this,

#1. OL

#2. LB

#3. DT

#4. OL

#6. CB

#7. WR

Yasgur's Farm
11-01-2006, 11:19 AM
I believe we need in order...

DT - FA - Big and fast stud.
DE - FA - Top 5 sack leader to compliment Schobel.
CB - Day 1 draft
LB - Day 1 draft

O-line - FA - 2 studs.
WR - 1st draft pick

kernowboy
11-01-2006, 11:20 AM
I think LB as this is an immediate need.

In FA there will be corners available. Hell we can even bring in Ahmed Plummer who'd have been out of football a year but could tutor Youboty. Also Mike Rumph or Andre Woolfork are available I think, and could be big and adequate starters

Rob Morris is available at MLB and has played in the Tampa2. Marginally younger than Fletcher but much cheaper. June has off field issues. Briggs looks good playing by Urlacher. Morris and then a draft pick.

At DT, the problem is there is little size in the draft unless the juniors come out and FA looks barren. I think Williams needs to add 10-20lbs even if that means loosing a little speed. We might look at a massive DT sleeper on Day2

DE and back up free safety can wait

kernowboy
11-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Agreed. Ive been saying this for a while now, Fletcher just doesnt fit in this scheme. We need our Urlacher who can stuff runs and cover. Didnt TKO play MLB in Cinci? If he can get back to Probowl form he can play middle and we go with Crowell and Ellison, or a draft pick. My draft would look like this,

#1. OL

#2. LB

#3. DT

#4. OL

#6. CB

#7. WR

I'd go

1. Trade down for LB or OL
2. OL or LB
3a. DT
3b. CB like Eric Weddle
4. TE
6. RB like Garrett Wolfe or Clifton Dawson
7. DL

bigbub2352
11-01-2006, 12:00 PM
MLB is a definet need but u can address this in the draft alot of good LBs coming out, DE also could be nice to add a FA or early draft, but I am not a huge fan of this Cover 2 defense, we need someone to make plays on DT, and if there or any available in FA we should sign there

Mahdi
11-01-2006, 12:42 PM
I think LB as this is an immediate need.

In FA there will be corners available. Hell we can even bring in Ahmed Plummer who'd have been out of football a year but could tutor Youboty. Also Mike Rumph or Andre Woolfork are available I think, and could be big and adequate starters

Rob Morris is available at MLB and has played in the Tampa2. Marginally younger than Fletcher but much cheaper. June has off field issues. Briggs looks good playing by Urlacher. Morris and then a draft pick.

At DT, the problem is there is little size in the draft unless the juniors come out and FA looks barren. I think Williams needs to add 10-20lbs even if that means loosing a little speed. We might look at a massive DT sleeper on Day2

DE and back up free safety can wait
Rob Morris used to be the starter in Indi but got beat out because hes not athletic enough for the Cover 2. Morris is not the answer for us at MLB. He is cheaper though.

PECKERWOOD
11-01-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm just laughing at the folks, that say Fletch doesnt fit our scheme. He only went to and won a superbowl in St.Louis under Lovie Smith. But yeah, he certainly cant get it done at MLB. HAHAHAHA.

bigbub2352
11-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Fletch has done nothing for this DEF in 3 years, he is not a playmaker he is a tackle catcher 5 yards down feild, he has lost a step in pass coverage, and when he played in StLOuis what was he 25-26, he is 32 here and clearly is having trouble in this scheme getting repeadly beat by TE and RB out of the back feild, i luv Fletch but we can do better that is for sure

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Fletch has done nothing for this DEF in 3 years, he is not a playmaker he is a tackle catcher 5 yards down feild, he has lost a step in pass coverage, and when he played in StLOuis what was he 25-26, he is 32 here and clearly is having trouble in this scheme getting repeadly beat by TE and RB out of the back feild, i luv Fletch but we can do better that is for sure
Dude, everyone who knows football understands that TE vs. LB is a very favorable match up for the offense. Especially in our day and age.

CB is going to be our biggest concern, I think we can fix the DT problem easily. Kyle Williams is developing nicely; McCargo and Tripplett are good 3 technique guys also. I was satisfied with McCargo's progress before his injury. In all honesty, we should either resign Fletch or go after Cato June. Hell we are going to be only 20 million under..... Anyhow, Nate needs to be resigned, its foolish to let him go. I dont want to see us let another Antoine Winfield go, its silly. I'm sick of seeing our best players go, only to be signed by Washington or Minnesota. In the Cover 2, its vital to have good CB's and letting Nate go, is very contradictory to our idealogy.

alohabillsfan
11-02-2006, 09:36 AM
I would like to see DT in round 1 #44 fron the University of Florida
Marcus Thomas!

alohabillsfan
11-02-2006, 09:43 AM
FA

# 55 Lance Briggs