PDA

View Full Version : TMQ says Bills should quit now.

Earthquake Enyart
11-01-2006, 10:54 AM
In other football news, man, what great games this weekend! Kansas City-Seattle, Atlanta-Cincinnati, Indianapolis-Denver, Jacksonville-Philadelphia, Baltimore-New Orleans and New England-Minnesota were all strong matchups. Why so many strong pairings? The four bye teams -- Buffalo, Detroit, Miami and Washington -- had a combined record of 6-22. Most of the cupcakes took the weekend off, and the result was the games played were tremendous. TMQ's suggestion to improve NFL play: Let these four teams take the rest of the season off.

THATHURMANATOR
11-01-2006, 11:08 AM
What a ******.

Saratoga Slim
11-01-2006, 11:15 AM
I think everyone would do just fine if TMQ took the rest of the season off.

Patrick76777
11-01-2006, 11:20 AM

I think he's actually from the B-lo and is a Bills fan.

Jan Reimers
11-01-2006, 11:21 AM
If that's the funniest and most clever you have to be to actually get PAID for your thoughts, many of us on here could be professional writers.

THATHURMANATOR
11-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Even worse then.

dplus47
11-01-2006, 11:29 AM

while this may be true, i would never accuse easterbrook of being remotely sane.

Jeff1220
11-01-2006, 11:32 AM
He is a Bills fan from Buffalo, now living in Maryland (he seems to follow the Skins quite a bit, as well as the Bills). I usually enjoy his columns, which often offer some pretty level headed insight, even though they can be long-winded. If the Bills were left off that list, most of you would have thought it was funny.

Mr. Miyagi
11-01-2006, 11:33 AM
No way. I love that column. It's not his fault that we suck. He just calls it like it is.

THATHURMANATOR
11-01-2006, 11:33 AM
If the Bills were left off that list, most of you would have thought it was funny.
Yes but he didn't and now I hate his GUTS!

dplus47
11-01-2006, 11:34 AM
i do think the column is funny; i don't find funny and crazy to be mutually exclusive...

Buckets
11-01-2006, 11:35 AM
The Pats, Vikes game was great???

dplus47
11-01-2006, 11:41 AM
The Pats, Vikes game was great???

sure it was. we learned how tom brady toils in anonymity from year to year, for one thing. the guys in the booth made a great point here: why has nobody heard of this brady guy?

ajsdx
11-01-2006, 11:43 AM
I look forward to TMQ every week, baby!

THATHURMANATOR
11-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Brady is great though there is no denying that.

dplus47
11-01-2006, 11:51 AM

i fully agree: he's the best in the game, and i don't even think it's close. at least: i don't think it's close if you're measuring him against manning.

i think the real problem is the ESPN monday night crew. i'm pretty tolerant of people in the booth. i still like madden, for example. this combination of guys on monday night, though, needs to go NOW!

Mr. Miyagi
11-01-2006, 11:57 AM
I've been refusing to admit that all this time, but I can't deny how good this mfer is. Gosh I just wish he was a Bill. :ill:

Thurmal
11-01-2006, 11:59 AM
I want to like this guy because he's a Bills fan, but I can never get into his columns.

They're kinda interesting, but (as one of you said) long-winded, and I feel that his attempts at humor come up short way too often.

He obviously puts a ton of work into that column, though. He must have to review play-by-play recaps for every game.

Carlton Bailey
11-01-2006, 01:03 PM
He's right. The Bills should take the last nine games off. They're brutal.

Statman
11-01-2006, 09:01 PM
What a ******.
******, huh?

SABURZFAN
11-02-2006, 03:05 AM
after watching the last 3 games,i think they already did quit.

LtFinFan66
11-02-2006, 03:10 AM
Fins too

don137
11-02-2006, 07:10 AM
The last three games could not of gone much worse for the Bills. I still will turn that TV on at 1PM every Sunday and hope they can turn the ship around. Usually by 4PM on Sundays I am cussing and wondering how much longer this team can field such an inferior product. As long as we can hope the team will get better we will watch.

Night Train
11-02-2006, 07:16 AM

Yes he is. A huge Bills fan at that.

He's been a great read for years.

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 09:43 AM
**** that. I understand he is pissed off because of horrible play, but he oughta be grateful we even have a team to cheer for. I look forward to the Bill's each Sunday, good or bad.

the REAL Rudeman
11-02-2006, 09:49 AM
you look forward to piss poor play and the inevitbale loss?

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 09:52 AM
you look forward to piss poor play and the inevitbale loss?
Yes, even if we suck and were going to lose. I still look forward to watching my Bill's play. Dont get me wrong, I want to see a winning product, but this franchise is like an addiction for me. I love tha BILLS!

BillsNick
11-02-2006, 10:33 AM
It's not like we've been very exciting this year

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 11:37 AM
It's a hobby of mine, simply put. Some people like to exercise or listen to music to unwind, football does it for me. One of those type of things where you just stop thinking about anything else and just get excited and have fun. Enjoy a couple beers and have a good day.

Valerie
11-02-2006, 11:41 AM
My hobbies include getting rip roaring drunk, getting behind the wheel of my car and running down as many kids, old people, animals and handicapped people as I can before I get stopped by the cops and thrown in jail. But to each his own I guess.

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 11:45 AM
My hobbies include getting rip roaring drunk, getting behind the wheel of my car and running down as many kids, old people, animals and handicapped people as I can before I get stopped by the cops and thrown in jail. But to each his own I guess.
Lets go partyin' Val! I'm probably the worst DD ever. My friends dont bother asking me to dd anymore, cause I get drunk anyways. :laughing:

the REAL Rudeman
11-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Valerie was the inspiration behind Bill Murray's drunk driving scene in Groundhog Day.

the REAL Rudeman
11-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Yes, even if we suck and were going to lose. I still look forward to watching my Bill's play. Dont get me wrong, I want to see a winning product, but this franchise is like an addiction for me. I love tha BILLS!

Caring about anything that much, other than your family, indicates a problem. How can you care that much about a friggin team that doesn't give a rats ass about you?

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Caring about anything that much, other than your family, indicates a problem. How can you care that much about a friggin team that doesn't give a rats ass about you?
How is it wrong for me to care about my team? I dont consider looking forward to watching them play each Sunday 'too much.' What exactly is too much?

Valerie
11-02-2006, 12:14 PM
I think "too much" is when a loss affects your mood for the week following the game. It's fine to get annoyed about bad calls or stupid plays on game day, but then let it go. You have to be able to look at the game as just that, a game. There are so many other things in the world and in life to get riled up about. Football shouldn't be one of them. Enjoy it for what it is. And then instead of getting your (not you, but the general you) panties in a bunch after a loss, learn to laugh about it. Life is full of stress, don't let something you can't control stress you out. Just my thoughts.

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 12:22 PM
I think "too much" is when a loss affects your mood for the week following the game. It's fine to get annoyed about bad calls or stupid plays on game day, but then let it go. You have to be able to look at the game as just that, a game. There are so many other things in the world and in life to get riled up about. Football shouldn't be one of them. Enjoy it for what it is. And then instead of getting your (not you, but the general you) panties in a bunch after a loss, learn to laugh about it. Life is full of stress, don't let something you can't control stress you out. Just my thoughts.

I think your right. I do get pissed off at bad calls and stuff like that during the game, after a good 15-30 minutes, I'm cool again! I just dont understand why loving to watch your team play, good or bad, is caring 'too much.' It makes me look like I'm some fat 30 year old guy, who just talks football all day!:laughing: But shoot, if watching your team on Sunday is caring too much, I am guilty as charged.

Valerie
11-02-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm very level headed for a drunk, ditzy blonde. :D I have learned not to let things I can't control stress me out. My life is filled with more stress and upset that I don't need to add anymore. I have learned to LAUGH!!! :lmao:

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm very level headed for a drunk, ditzy blonde. :D I have learned not to let things I can't control stress me out. My life is filled with more stress and upset that I don't need to add anymore. I have learned to LAUGH!!! :lmao:
Me too, does the kitty kat in my signature make you laugh Val?!

Iehoshua
11-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Valerie was the inspiration behind Bill Murray's drunk driving scene in Groundhog Day.
People bash that movie but I thought it was great...

http://www.jonahweiland.com/wp-content/groundhogday.jpg

Valerie
11-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Yes. He's very cute. BTW, before I have to beat you into the ground ;), I prefer Valerie. :heart:

the REAL Rudeman
11-03-2006, 07:37 PM
People bash that movie but I thought it was great...

http://www.jonahweiland.com/wp-content/groundhogday.jpg

It WAS great. A classic. At least we agree on that.