PDA

View Full Version : The most UNDER-RATED Player in the NFL

patmoran2006
11-01-2006, 11:40 AM
My pick is Mark Bulger.. People barely EVER talk about him as one of the game's better quarterbacks, but he's tearing it up for the Rams this year. He's completing 62.5% of his passes, he's on pace for over 4,000 yards and most amazingly, he's thrown 12 touchdowns and only been intercepted ONCE.

That's pretty amazing.

Who you guys got for your most underated player?

THATHURMANATOR
11-01-2006, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't argue with you here.

dplus47
11-01-2006, 11:47 AM
t.j. houshmandzadeh?

bulger is a good one. scott linehan is one of the more underrated minds in football, IMO. i sure do miss him in miami. of course, his replacement in miami is either horribly over-rated or mired in a multiple-year slump.

Jan Reimers
11-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Tedy Bruschi. Hasn't even won a Nobel Prize yet.

Thurmal
11-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Not necessarily this season, but over the last five or so -- Trent Green.

He puts up HUGE numbers despite the fact that he hasn't had a legitimate #1 receiver.

dplus47
11-01-2006, 11:59 AM

He puts up HUGE numbers despite the fact that he hasn't had a legitimate #1 receiver.

good point there. i can't even name the last decent wideout he has had. maybe johnnie morton. still, it's a neglected position in KC.

bigbub2352
11-01-2006, 12:04 PM
I would have to say Rudi Johnson and i agree alot with Marc Bulger as well

Jaybird
11-01-2006, 12:24 PM
what about warrick dunn, hes been great since hes been in the league

Ickybaluky
11-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Adrian Wilson, Arizona

May be the best SS in the NFL and nobody knows who he is because he plays for the Cardinals. Best blitzing DB in the NFL.

Derrick Burgess, Oakland

The guy is a terror on QB. 16 sacks last year and 7.5 so far this year, but how often do you hear him mentioned when talking about the great pass rushers?

Earthquake Enyart
11-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Drew Brees. The guy never gets any credit.

mysticsoto
11-01-2006, 02:19 PM

This is my pick as well. Trent Green is very rarely talked about even when he does well. He is considered a sort of average player but consistently plays above average!!!

Saratoga Slim
11-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Trent Green.

In a thread yesterday about offseason draft needs, someone wrote that Brady Quinn will never be a "great NFL quarterback" and that he'll most likely just be a Trent Green-type player.

If Brady Quinn is going to be a Trent Green, I'd draft him no matter how JP looks for the rest of the season.

DynaPaul
11-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Ethan Albright.

Typ0
11-01-2006, 03:57 PM
lot's of worthy names mentioned in this thread. Good job everyone.

PECKERWOOD
11-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Too many underrated people to talk about. It seems like ESPN, has its upper echelon of players already figured out. TO this, Big Ben THAT! Chad Johnson this, Tom Brady that, etc. etc.

Dozerdog
11-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Terell Owens.

I can't remember the last time his name came up

Typ0
11-01-2006, 04:12 PM
people forget the media's job is to find stories. A guy with a big mouth is a story. A kid winning the SB is a story. Anyone winning the SB three times is a story. A quiet guy on a mediocre team is not a story.

Kerr
11-01-2006, 06:37 PM
My pick is Mark Bulger.. People barely EVER talk about him as one of the game's better quarterbacks, but he's tearing it up for the Rams this year. He's completing 62.5% of his passes, he's on pace for over 4,000 yards and most amazingly, he's thrown 12 touchdowns and only been intercepted ONCE.

That's pretty amazing.

Who you guys got for your most underated player?

This is my pick as well, pat. Getting linehan has done wonders for bulger's career. He went from pass happy martz to the more balanced linehan, but like martz, linehan loves the passing game as well.

I'm afraid bulger won't get any recognition until he takes the rams to the superbowl. The same thing happened with delhomme of carolina. It wasn't until the panthers went to the superbowl than delhomme started getting more notice.

ParanoidAndroid
11-01-2006, 07:15 PM
good point there. i can't even name the last decent wideout he has had. maybe johnnie morton. still, it's a neglected position in KC.

When I read things like this, I want to say that Kennison is underrated. He always seems to make a catch when they need one and has had some very good games...just a solid player. He's not a fantasy stud, so no one pays attention. He's had over 1000 yds the past 2 years. Doing that on a team that is designed around getting their RB 30+ touches a game and using their extremely talented TE often is pretty good.

ParanoidAndroid
11-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Adrian Wilson, Arizona

May be the best SS in the NFL and nobody knows who he is because he plays for the Cardinals. Best blitzing DB in the NFL.

Derrick Burgess, Oakland

The guy is a terror on QB. 16 sacks last year and 7.5 so far this year, but how often do you hear him mentioned when talking about the great pass rushers?

Good post!

PECKERWOOD
11-01-2006, 07:26 PM
people forget the media's job is to find stories. A guy with a big mouth is a story. A kid winning the SB is a story. Anyone winning the SB three times is a story. A quiet guy on a mediocre team is not a story.
It's the media's job to not play favorites, its the media's job to cover all teams and what is going on in the NFL. I'm sick of this bull**** media. It's a joke. They have dumb jocks taking over reporting and analyst jobs. I'm so sick and tired of hearing dumb asses like Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders and Joe Theismann speak.

bluehaze
11-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Zach Thomas, always has been and always will be, people are saying the guy needs to retire yet he still leads the league in tackles year after year including this year before the bye. I've never seen any player with more heart than Zach :up:

Mr. Pink
11-02-2006, 07:05 AM
Offensively.....C-Mart, sure he's been hurt this year and probably will retire but NO ONE ever gave the guy enough credit throughout his career and in talks of the best backs in the league over the past 5 years, no one even mentions him.

Defensively....Deltha O'neil. Another guy who doesn't get the credit he deserves ever. Good return man, good cover guy, good hands. He's basically Nate Clements with more skill and less hype around the league.

Ickybaluky
11-02-2006, 08:30 AM
Defensively....Deltha O'neil. Another guy who doesn't get the credit he deserves ever. Good return man, good cover guy, good hands. He's basically Nate Clements with more skill and less hype around the league.

Deltha O'Neal gambles a lot and it got him a bunch of interceptions last year, but he isn't good in coverage. He gets beat often, especially by smart WR who can bait him into taking chances. He does have size and tackles pretty well, but he sucks in coverage. This year guys have a better read on him and he is struggling. The guy has talent, but he isn't very smart.

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 08:33 AM
I heard if you go in the bathroom and say Tedy Bruschi 100x while spinning in circles, he will appear in the mirror.

gr8slayer
11-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Rian Lindell, guy is a lock.