• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

This guy sucks!

Frikkin Roth is the worst QB in the world. That clown just threw 4 int's this past week. Charlie Batch should start now, he CANT be any worse than this guy.

BR = RJ

Steelers | Roethlisberger to remain starter
    Wed, 1 Nov 2006 07:45:55 -0800
    Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher will not pull QB Ben Roethlisberger in favor of QB Charlie Batch Week 9 despite Roethlisberger's four-interception performance Week 8. "Ben Roethlisberger is a good football player, he's a good quarterback. He will learn from it," Cowher said. "I think the greatest thing about that is he recognizes that. He's accountable. He's a stand-up guy. Those things will make him a stronger player, a stronger person through the course of time. I truly believe that."

Hes accountable? Absolutely, all the losses are completely his fault, they easily could be 7 and 0 right now if they had a decent QB.

Hes a good football player? No hes not! Did Bill even watch the last game? God, the whole theory of building a good team revolves around what have you done for me lately. Man hes stupid.

Stronger over the course of time? How much longer should anyone give this guy? hes flat out stunk it up this year. They need to win now at all cost. This last game PROVES that Roth will NEVER be any good.

Complete piece of crap, they need to draft Brady Quinn!!!

Sarcasm/OFF
    Last edited by X-Era; 11-01-2006, 01:00 PM.

• Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: This guy sucks!

Or they should trade for ******s like David Garrard.

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

Oh I see, so because Ben has had a few bad games, the team is 2-5 soley because of him??? Sounds a little hypocritical to me as opposed to your view of Losman.

I don't care who has what talent on their team, Roethlisberger has been in the playoffs twice and been on a Super Bowl winning team. He's NOT the worst QB in the league (that just shows your ignorance), and he's certainly in a whole other class (even on his worst day) than J.P. Losman is right now, who hasn't proven anything in this league so far.

Jon

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I guess the sarcasm wasn't as obvious as one would imagine.

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          I guess the sarcasm wasn't as obvious as one would imagine.
          I was directing my post at jp-era, not you. I got your humor.

Jon

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Yes but you didn't get jp-era's sarcasm either I think.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
              Oh I see, so because Ben has had a few bad games, the team is 2-5 soley because of him??? Sounds a little hypocritical to me as opposed to your view of Losman.

I don't care who has what talent on their team, Roethlisberger has been in the playoffs twice and been on a Super Bowl winning team. He's NOT the worst QB in the league (that just shows your ignorance), and he's certainly in a whole other class (even on his worst day) than J.P. Losman is right now, who hasn't proven anything in this league so far.

Jon
              You completely missed my sarcasm. Ill make a note of it to prevent being misinterpreted

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by jp-era
                You completely missed my sarcasm. Ill make a note of it to prevent being misinterpreted
                Fair enough, but the point still remains... there are many people here who like to compare Losman to Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, and Philip Rivers, among others. Sorry, but all three have proven more than Losman has at this point in time. Two of those guys have been to the playoffs, one has won the Super Bowl, and Philip Rivers has a winning record, all things J.P. Losman hasn't come close to sniffing in his three years. I don't want to hear about supporting cast, and so-and-so got to play earlier. If Losman was all that and a bag of chips, he'd have been playing the last two years, and perhaps his first year.

The guy has not shown it yet. We hope he will, but he has shown nothing so far.

Time for J.P. to put the big boy pants on and start to do his part in helping the team win. He has to not be a "neutral" factor who doesn't make mistakes, and he definitely can't be a liability. He has to become and asset that improves our chances of winning.

It all starts Sunday.

Jon

Comment

• scott51
                  • Oct 2006

The Steelers are my 2nd favorite team (have been since I met Kevin Greene) and when I read that I was 99.9% positive that it was sarcasm. I think that Ben is definitly having a down year so far, ALL quarterbacks do. Fact is, when Ben first came to Pittsburgh, we had a hell of a run game with the Bus. Now, we don't have the strong run game and Ben is having to rely on his arm more. I also think that you have to factor in: A motorcycle accident, surgery to repair a broken jaw, an emergency appedectomy, 2 possible concussions, and how many games has he missed? Not many for going through all of that!!
                  Go Bills!
                  Go Sabres!

JP Losman, your time is up!

2007 Standings:
                  Buffalo Bills 7-9
                  New England Patriots 18-1*

Comment

• Mudflap1
                    Next Question!
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by jp-era
                    Actually, after re-reading your post again and seeing your sarcasm, I stick to my point with you. In a backhanded way, you are actually comparing Roethlisberger to Losman still...

You're suggesting (in your reverse sarcastic way) that because Ben has had some bad games, the Steelers should stick with him, because you can't yank a young QB, they will struggle. Same point with J.P.

However, the scenarios are totally different. Roethlisberger has actually shown something in this league and proven he can win games, including the coveted Super Bowl. Granted, he has a better team around him than the Bills, but he he still goes out and plays the games, still gets it done.

Losman hasn't gotten anything done. Yes, he has lesser talent around him, but he has not been an asset to the team himself, he has been a liability, or at best, a neutral factor who didn't "lose" the games.

In addition, it happens to be that Losman should also not get pulled, like Roethlisberger, but for two totally different reasons. Roethlisberger is a young QB who is a proven winner. He is struggling now, but Cowher and the team knows that they are probably better off riding Ben's horse for the long-term. After all, he's led them to the playoffs twice, and the Super Bowl.

Losman should continue to start because the Bills frankly have nowhere else to go. Nall is a retread, and Holcomb has no arm left. The team is not very talented, and is getting blown out of the waters. There is no other choice but to play Losman and hope that he shows SOMETHING, ANYTHING by the end of the season for any glimmer of hope. He hasn't shown anything yet.

Jon

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Sorry, but all three have proven more than Losman has at this point in time. Two of those guys have been to the playoffs, one has won the Super Bowl, and Philip Rivers has a winning record,
                      So you don't want to hear about the supporting cast, because having a winning record automatically means the QB is good. By the same logic, having a losing record means the QB must suck, right?

Then how come that doesn't apply to Roethlisberger? And I guess guys like Leinhart, Frye, Vince Young, Carr, Favre, Kitna, and Alex Smith all stink, whereas Vick, Brad Johsnon, Tony Romo, Damon Huard, and Pennington are Pro Bowl caliber guys, right?

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                        So you don't want to hear about the supporting cast, because having a winning record automatically means the QB is good. By the same logic, having a losing record means the QB must suck, right?

Then how come that doesn't apply to Roethlisberger? And I guess guys like Leinhart, Frye, Vince Young, Carr, Favre, Kitna, and Alex Smith all stink, whereas Vick, Brad Johsnon, Tony Romo, Damon Huard, and Pennington are Pro Bowl caliber guys, right?
                        To answer your question, all good teams do have good quarterbacks. They are good in their own way. I don't personally like the term "managing the game," because all good QB's need to make plays, in addition to not make mistakes. Huard is playing good football now. Romo has only played one game, but Sunday night in his first start he certainly played a better game than Losman ever has against a good football team. Brad Johnson, while not flashy, is a proven winner who gets the job done. Vick is a pro-bowl caliber player, not sure why that's a shock? Pennington is a good steady QB too.

Favre is a proven winner, not sure why he is grouped in there. Leinart, Frye, Young, and Smith are all young, so largely unproven. However, even Young has won a couple of games since he's taken over, more than what can be said about J.P., and the Titans aren't overly talented. Frye is about the same boat as J.P. A young guy that hasn't shown much on a team that's not very talented. He and Walter are probably the closest QB's now that you could say are J.P.'s equals. Smith and Leinart are much more proven college prospects than Losman, and have had better games in their short careers than Losman has had. That being said, they are largely unproven, and overall aren't assets to their teams as of yet. They still have a long way to go. Carr has not gotten it done. He's in the same boat as J.P. However, at this point in time, I'd rather take Carr, but that's my preference. Kitna is a mediocre journeyman QB at best, kinda like a Holcomb.

So yeah, I hold to my statement. Any other questions?

Jon

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

Fair enough, but the point still remains... there are many people here who like to compare Losman to Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, and Philip Rivers, among others. Sorry, but all three have proven more than Losman has at this point in time. Two of those guys have been to the playoffs, one has won the Super Bowl, and Philip Rivers has a winning record, all things J.P. Losman hasn't come close to sniffing in his three years. I don't want to hear about supporting cast, and so-and-so got to play earlier. If Losman was all that and a bag of chips, he'd have been playing the last two years, and perhaps his first year.

The guy has not shown it yet. We hope he will, but he has shown nothing so far.

Time for J.P. to put the big boy pants on and start to do his part in helping the team win. He has to not be a "neutral" factor who doesn't make mistakes, and he definitely can't be a liability. He has to become and asset that improves our chances of winning.

It all starts Sunday.

Jon
                          And all of those guys have offensive lines too. the Steelers line looked like crap against the Raiders from what I heard - not that I'm saying Roethlisberger has looked good at any time this season - he hasn't, but his line looked like crap, and now he's suddenly got a bigger spotlight on him for sucking.
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Mudflap1
                            Next Question!
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                            And all of those guys have offensive lines too. the Steelers line looked like crap against the Raiders from what I heard - not that I'm saying Roethlisberger has looked good at any time this season - he hasn't, but his line looked like crap, and now he's suddenly got a bigger spotlight on him for sucking.
                            You're preaching to the choir. I have said all along it all starts on the offensive and defensive lines. No question.

However, the lines may be a liability and that trickles down to the rest of the team, but that doesn't mean a guy like Losman can't make SOME plays or do SOMETHING that helps the team play better.

Look, this team is not going to go 8-8, 10-6, whatever this year if Losman all of a sudden starts playing gangbusters. The lines are too crappy, there are too many holes. However, I don't think it's out of the realm that with this line he can throw for 250+ yards in the heat of the game (NOT in mop-up duty in the 4th quarter when we are already down by 20 points and he can pad his stats -- which is what he's done the last 3 weeks), cut down on the turnovers, and make some plays. We may not win, but whatever, the team sucks as a whole.

Look at the Lakers last night. Without Kobe, they barely stood a chance agains the Suns, yet guys stepped up in their little roles and made some plays. They ended up winning pretty big. Losman just has to be one of those guys that's an asset to his team, not a liability.

Jon

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Ben > JP.

End of line.

Comment

Working...
                              X