PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Ends a Bright Spot in Season’s First Half

justasportsfan
11-01-2006, 03:41 PM
"We've had more of an opportunity to rush this year, where in the past we dropped a lot," said Schobel of the previous defensive system. "We were the guys that were pulling out whereas now we're mainly the guys that are playing normal defensive end positions. We get on the edge and rush. I think the opportunities we've had has at least been part of the reason for the success."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4327

justasportsfan
11-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Chris Brown Blog

J.P. EVALUATION: With J.P. Losman set to make his 16th career start several players and head coach Dick Jauron were asked if 16 games is enough to go on to know what Losman is at this level. Everyone responded with an answer of 'no.'

“It hasn’t been 16 consecutive (games)," said Lee Evans. "He hasn’t played a whole season. It’s 16 games chopped up here and there. But until you can get a whole season then you can get a better evaluation of what he’s about.”

"From my perspective you take 16 games, but they're stretched over two totally different programs and two totally different offenses," said Jauron. "And 16 games is not a lot of games. For me I'm not setting it at any set number of games."
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Saratoga Slim
11-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Sounds like he's getting the rest of the season. Good.

PECKERWOOD
11-01-2006, 05:06 PM
I wouldnt mind giving him next season either. Atleast we can build up an OL and get more targets for our next QB if Losman doesnt work out.

Mahdi
11-01-2006, 05:23 PM
I wouldnt mind giving him next season either. Atleast we can build up an OL and get more targets for our next QB if Losman doesnt work out.
Yeah. If we could just somehow have one of those dominating O-lines, that would be a great help. Then we might be able to actually get Willis a YPC average over 4 yards. And then our play-action, and bootlegs will be way more effective, especially with JP's abilities.

YardRat
11-01-2006, 06:08 PM
I think the ends have played well so far this year...I'd like to see Schobel become more of a factor against both the pass and the run, though. His name doesn't seem to be getting called that much for making plays.

JoeMama
11-01-2006, 07:59 PM
I don't think the defensive ends have been particularly good beyond the first two games this season.

After a gruesome display of force where the Bills' sacked Daunte Culpepper seven times, it seems as though our pass rush is non-existent.

Insofar, there aren't many bright spots as JP Losman, the offensive line, & the defensive line are digressing after a promising start.

PECKERWOOD
11-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Schobel is very underrated.