PDA

View Full Version : Once again, our timing is off...

Earthquake Enyart
11-02-2006, 07:24 AM
There could be at least 3 big name coaches quit or get fired after this season.

Cowher's contract is up. So is Lovie Smith's.

Jeff Fisher may get the boot in Tennessee. Even Parcells may be out there.

But all we'll get is Dick. :ill:

scott51
11-02-2006, 07:26 AM

OMG! Could you imagin Parcells here in Buffalo? He would whip this team into shape in no time!

How about this scenario:

We lose to Green Bay by 15-20, then we go on to win one more game, leaving our final record at 3-13. This prompts Marv Levy to FIRE Dick Jauron and hires Bill Parcells as GM/Head Coach!

Earthquake Enyart
11-02-2006, 07:31 AM
OMG! Could you imagin Parcells here in Buffalo? He would whip this team into shape in no time!

How about this scenario:

We lose to Green Bay by 15-20, then we go on to win one more game, leaving our final record at 3-13. This prompts Marv Levy to FIRE Dick Jauron and hires Bill Parcells as GM/Head Coach!
It won't happen. Dick will get at least one more year.

scott51
11-02-2006, 07:34 AM
It won't happen. Dick will get at least one more year.

Hey, a guy can dream! "Ya never know..."

don137
11-02-2006, 08:05 AM
I think the biggest mistake for the Bills in the last 7 years was getting Gregg Williams over Marvin Lewis and John Fox. I know Lewis said no but $ talks. If we had Fox or Lewis this team would be in much better shape today. It has never recovered.

Dozerdog
11-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Get Jeff Fischer in here

Mr. Miyagi
11-02-2006, 08:09 AM

Cowher will retire a Steeler.
Lovie will get big money extension.
Fisher won't get canned for sure.
Parcells is done after Dallas.

I'm willing to stick with Dick.

Ickybaluky
11-02-2006, 08:25 AM

Lovie Smith is under contract through 2007. He is getting the shaft as the lowest-paid NFL Head Coach, though, and he holds a ton of leverage right now. He can hold a gun to Chicago's head after this season.

LINK (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/117600,CST-SPT-mully31.article)

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Another coach, another year of clearing house, another year of rebuilding and another year of *****ing fans! No, thank you!

justasportsfan
11-02-2006, 08:50 AM
I think the biggest mistake for the Bills in the last 7 years was getting Gregg Williams over Marvin Lewis and John Fox. . Weiss.

Earthquake Enyart
11-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Weiss.
Every time I see Weis on TV, I get PO'ed that Ralph didn't hire him.

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 08:54 AM
I want today, I want tomorrow! I want to put the whole world in my pocket, its my bar of chocolate! Give it to me nowwwwww.

The King
11-02-2006, 08:57 AM

right on

Patti120
11-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Looks like we are all stuck playing "just the tip" to see how it feels.

bigbub2352
11-02-2006, 09:17 AM
I would love to see Jeff Fisher in here, or Big Tuna, some one that shows alittle emotion on the sidelines, DJ probably does get one more year but if we suck again next year and look as poorly coached we should definetely look else were, Fisher has built championship caliber teams and got alot out of his players, i thought we should have went after him when we signed wade phillips after big Marv

RockStar36
11-02-2006, 12:23 PM
There is no way in hell Lovie leaves Chicago. There is no way in hell Cower goes anywhere if he leaves Pittsburgh. There is no way in hell Levy fires Jauron after one season, especially a test season where he was stuck with crappy leftovers.

Goobylal
11-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Yeah, Lovie and Cowher stay where they are. Parcells is done...now. And depending on who is available, Tenny might just stick with Fisher, especially if the Titans finish respectably.

Earthquake Enyart
11-02-2006, 12:31 PM
There is no way in hell Lovie leaves Chicago. There is no way in hell Cower goes anywhere if he leaves Pittsburgh. There is no way in hell Levy fires Jauron after one season, especially a test season where he was stuck with crappy leftovers.
The Bears jammed Lovie on his contract and wouldn't even talk about an extention last off season. He's in the last year of his deal, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he walked.

This weekend is especially interesting in that the Bears offered Nick Saban about 3 times what they pay Lovie, and Saban turned them down. Bet Lovie would love to bury him.

I don't know what the deal is with Cowher, other than the fact that maybe he is just ready to move on.

Saratoga Slim
11-02-2006, 12:52 PM

Well said.

I'd have no problem with Jeff Fischer, but I sincerely doubt he gets canned this year. In any event, anyone who's ready to dump Jauron after exactly 7 games is clearly someone who didn't want him here in the first place and hasn't given him a chance.

Mr. Cynical
11-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Another coach, another year of clearing house, another year of rebuilding and another year of *****ing fans! No, thank you!

Well it's either next year or in 2 more years....Dick won't be here after that.

THATHURMANATOR
11-02-2006, 12:55 PM
We wouldn't have hired any of those coaches anyways.

Mr. Cynical
11-02-2006, 12:55 PM
There is no way in hell Levy fires Jauron after one season, especially a test season where he was stuck with crappy leftovers.

Sad but true. That's why the future is so dismal right now. We won't start on the road back to respectability until '08 or '09. :sigh:

THATHURMANATOR
11-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Jauron hasn't been horrible in my mind. I feel he could be a decent coach. He needs to have some players.

Ickybaluky
11-02-2006, 01:21 PM
The Bears jammed Lovie on his contract and wouldn't even talk about an extention last off season. He's in the last year of his deal, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he walked.

Lovie is <b>not</b> in the last year of his contract, he is under contract through 2007. Even if he does play it out, he won't become available until his old contract is out, which is the end of the league year. In other words, if you want Lovie Smith the earliest he can sign a contract with someone else is March 2008 (assuming he isn't re-signed). That usually is longer than teams want to wait, since that leaves them in the lurch when it comes to hiring assistants.

Also, Jeff Fisher <b>* may or may not *</b> be available at the end of this season. The Titans hold an option on his contract and if they choose to pick it up he is under contract next year as well. The option is for a lot of money, but they could elect to keep him. If they decline the option, Fisher will become available in March 2007. If they elect to pick up the option he will become available in March 2008 (assuming he isn't re-signed).

Cowher is in the last year of his deal. He has said he wants to take some time off from coaching. At any rate, the earliest he would be available is March 2007 (assuming the Steelers don't re-sign him).

Earthquake Enyart
11-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Lovie is <b>not</b> in the last year of his contract, he is under contract through 2007. Even if he does play it out, he won't become available until his old contract is out, which is the end of the league year. In other words, if you want Lovie Smith the earliest he can sign a contract with someone else is March 2008 (assuming he isn't re-signed). That usually is longer than teams want to wait, since that leaves them in the lurch when it comes to hiring assistants.

Also, Jeff Fisher <b>* may or may not *</b> be available at the end of this season. The Titans hold an option on his contract and if they choose to pick it up he is under contract next year as well. The option is for a lot of money, but they could elect to keep him. If they decline the option, Fisher will become available in March 2007. If they elect to pick up the option he will become available in March 2008 (assuming he isn't re-signed).

Cowher is in the last year of his deal. He has said he wants to take some time off from coaching. At any rate, the earliest he would be available is March 2007 (assuming the Steelers don't re-sign him).
Not true, bong boy. Lovie is on the last year of his contract. That's all they talk about here.

Ickybaluky
11-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Not true, bong boy. Lovie is on the last year of his contract. That's all they talk about here.

Then I would suggest they don't know what they are talking about.

Do you read the papers (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/117600,CST-SPT-mully31.article) there?

It says:

<b>Smith has one year left on his contract after this season, but more than half the coaching staff will be without a contract at season's end, including defensive coordinator Ron Rivera and special-teams coordinator Dave Toub.</b>

I guess you could hire Rivera, but you will have to wait until March 2007 for his contract to expire.

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Well it's either next year or in 2 more years....Dick won't be here after that.
You dont know that.

Jan Reimers
11-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Jauron has coached a mediocre team - one that was miscoached and decimated for 5 years - for a mere 7 games, against some pretty decent competition. Why are we so Hell-fired ready to get rid of him already?

Some of you really need to get a grip.

patmoran2006
11-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Fisher would EASILY be my choice..

YardRat
11-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Fisher would be at the top of my list, also...but not until '08 after Jauron has at least two years to show something.

I could see Cowher 'retiring' for a year, then coming back to Cleveland.

Parcells has nothing left except a resume.

Smith will stay in Chicago.

Nighthawk
11-02-2006, 08:01 PM

If any of those coaches are out there, this organization should give Dickey the boot and try to upgrade the HC position. I'm tired of these cheap, loser head coaches and would love to see this organization make effort to start winning again or at least show people that they are interested in winning. Keeping Dickey over any of those coaches, just doesn't make any sense.

X-Era
11-02-2006, 08:45 PM

The Steelers have had 2, count em 2, head coaches in the past 38 years. Yes thats right. Noll started as the Steelers head coach in 1969.

Cowher just won the SB, hes going nowhere.

Lovie Smith has one of the best teams in the league, I doubt the Bears would be so dumb.

Parcells is retiring, he wouldnt fit as a Levy guy anyways and we cant offer him enough money.

Fisher would be a nice hire for his pizazz only, his record as of late stinks.

madness
11-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Weiss.

= Choke.

Just ask my Boys in Blue. If he comes back to the NFL, he should coach the Colts. Him and Peyton would get along fine together.

P.S. We have our head coach. Don't be so quick to bail out on him.

There's an old saying in sports...

Statistics are for losers and asst. coaches.

Typ0
11-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Jauron has coached a mediocre team - one that was miscoached and decimated for 5 years - for a mere 7 games, against some pretty decent competition. Why are we so Hell-fired ready to get rid of him already?

Some of you really need to get a grip.

I agree with you Jan. I'd dump him for Jeff Fisher in a heartbeat though.