PDA

View Full Version : Jauron can learn something from Romo move!!

HHURRICANE
11-02-2006, 07:44 AM
The reason that people in Dallas and in the media like the Romo move is simple. They were saying that it allows the RB and TE's to be more invloved in the offense because they don't have to stay in and block for the statue.

I understand the early effort to have Losman stay in the pocket and develop his awareness of the field etc. but keeping Royal and Everett out of the offense means less weapons for him to throw to. I know our OL is bad but the kid has legs and needs to be allowed to use them. He also needs people to throw to and when everyone is helping to block it doesn't help much.

Fairchild and Jauron recognized the deficiency in the OL. That's why Peters is now at LT. Other than ScottLawrence, everyone here realizes that our OL isn't good and at best will only marginally improve in the second half of the season. Time to take the shackles off of JP!!

don137
11-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Difference is Bledsoe has been in the league since 1993 and Parcells knows Bledsoe is not getting any better. While JP needs to step up he still needs a season under his belt to fully evaluate him.

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 08:00 AM
Don, he wasnt talking about benching JP. Just giving him more freedom to scramble. Which I agree with. The majority of Losman's big plays come, when he is scrambling for more time.

don137
11-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Don, he wasnt talking about benching JP. Just giving him more freedom to scramble. Which I agree with. The majority of Losman's big plays come, when he is scrambling for more time.
my bad..

X-Era
11-02-2006, 08:17 AM
The reason that people in Dallas and in the media like the Romo move is simple. They were saying that it allows the RB and TE's to be more invloved in the offense because they don't have to stay in and block for the statue.

I understand the early effort to have Losman stay in the pocket and develop his awareness of the field etc. but keeping Royal and Everett out of the offense means less weapons for him to throw to. I know our OL is bad but the kid has legs and needs to be allowed to use them. He also needs people to throw to and when everyone is helping to block it doesn't help much.

Fairchild and Jauron recognized the deficiency in the OL. That's why Peters is now at LT. Other than ScottLawrence, everyone here realizes that our OL isn't good and at best will only marginally improve in the second half of the season. Time to take the shackles off of JP!!

Yes, JP seems to make more happen when hes moving. I think the coaches are simply forcing decisiveness, progression, poise first...fundamentals. Maybe they think that he will not learn the basics if he can instead rely on making plays on the run.

ScottLawrence
11-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Did you watch the Cowboys/Panthers game?

Romo felt pressure, avoided pressure, and got the ball out when he needed to.

Something Losman doesn't do.

The Dallas O-Line didn't look so bad with a quarterback in there with solid pocket prescence.

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Eventually, Romo will be figured out. Coaches will find a way into his head, give him a chance to fail.

unpaid_bills
11-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Bench a player who is casuing the team to lose and not doing his job. What a concept. Problem is I dont think they guys we have behind JP are any better.

ICE74129
11-02-2006, 09:28 AM
What most here dont' get is this TEAM is bad. Its too easy to hang it on the coach or QB. Those that do that show nothing but simple mindedness.

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 09:31 AM
What most here dont' get is this TEAM is bad. Its too easy to hang it on the coach or QB. Those that do that show nothing but simple mindedness.
Make up your mind Ice, you voted for JP after you voted against it!

ICE74129
11-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Make up your mind Ice, you voted for JP after you voted against it!

My mind is this, the TEAM has issues. is JP part of the team or not? If so then he is grouped in there.

Again the simple mindedness of the fanbase wants to seperate out the two and it doesn't work that way. The coaching has some issues, but they are hamstrung with inferior talent to run their schemes. This TEAM, and JP is part of that, has issues.

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 10:09 AM
My mind is this, the TEAM has issues. is JP part of the team or not? If so then he is grouped in there.

Again the simple mindedness of the fanbase wants to seperate out the two and it doesn't work that way. The coaching has some issues, but they are hamstrung with inferior talent to run their schemes. This TEAM, and JP is part of that, has issues.

We do have issues, my thought is patience, patience and more patience. We cannot determine the outcome of certain players and positions at this stage in the season. We're just at the half-way mark, these guys still have another 9 games to prove themselves. Obviously, you and many others here (such as myself), are hoping for the best, and expecting the worst. Alot of things can change in 9 games.

ICE74129
11-02-2006, 10:33 AM
We do have issues, my thought is patience, patience and more patience. We cannot determine the outcome of certain players and positions at this stage in the season. We're just at the half-way mark, these guys still have another 9 games to prove themselves. Obviously, you and many others here (such as myself), are hoping for the best, and expecting the worst. Alot of things can change in 9 games.

And we have to pray Ralph pays out some money

OpIv37
11-02-2006, 10:47 AM

you're kinda half right.

The TEAM is bad. But two of the reasons why the TEAM is bad are the coach and the QB.

I think there is still a chance JP could be a decent QB if he had better players around him and a coach that didn't have his head up his ass.

I think Jauron has been around far too long to be making some of the mistakes he's made- if he doesn't know by now, he's never going to know.

HHURRICANE
11-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Did you watch the Cowboys/Panthers game?
Romo felt pressure, avoided pressure, and got the ball out when he needed to.
Something Losman doesn't do.
The Dallas O-Line didn't look so bad with a quarterback in there with solid pocket prescence.

Yes, I watched the entire game from begining to end. Romo did alot of things well but he had 4 scrambles, threw alot of balls on the run, and was outside of the pocket a ton so don't give me the solid O-line crap.

You are the only one who keeps saying our O-line is better than average. If thats the case than McGahee should be cut.