X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Dolphins' Culpepper could miss the season

Daunte Culpepper's continued soreness in the patellar tendon of his right knee is increasingly worrisome to the Dolphins, so much so that the team is seriously considering placing the quarterback on the injured reserve list.

Putting Culpepper on the injured reserve list would end his season.

The Dolphins position on the former starting quarterback has been that he is being evaluated day to day. But that evaluation has suffered at least two setbacks since he was shelved for the Oct. 8 game at New England and began a new rehabilitation program on his surgically repaired knee the week following that game.

How the hell did Cupl pass the fins medical and Brees failed? Who did the test Mularkey's dietician?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • dplus47
    • Sep 2005

Re: Dolphins' Culpepper could miss the season

at the time when c-pep took the physical, it was assumed that he would miss at least part of the year. i think he looked a little too good in rehab and that fooled the coaching staff a little bit. can you blame anyone for wanting to go with culpepper over harrington?

as for the brees thing, the saints essentially signed him to a one year deal for a reason. he's one unfortunate sack away from throwing ducks all over the field. i'm not saying that is likely to happen; i'm just saying...

i am not looking forward to 9 more games of harrington out there. i have seen enough.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Sounds more like an excuse to not bring Culp back this season! That's one way to end a QB controversy

Comment

• Thurmal
        • Oct 2005

This knee/shoulder BS is a joke.

The injury report should read:

OUT: D. Culpepper (sucking)
        "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• bluehaze
          • Sep 2006

Yup, I think Saban wants to end the controversy once and for all. Culpepper was brought here to be a pocket passer and he's not capable. Honestly I think Saban is shelving him and moving on. Why else would you put the guy on I.R. removing any chance for evaluating his rehabilitation later in the season?

Saban said several times in press conferences Culpepper was not benched because he was injured, it was because he felt that playing was impairing his ability to heal. So they take him out put him in a rehab program where the healing becomes even more stinted than when he was playing and now you throw him on I.R. and throw the whole balance of next season on this guy's shoulders after what you've seen from him in the first four games of this season?

I honestly can't believe Saban is willing to risk another start to next season like this again...so I am only left to believe if Culpepper gets no chance to redeeem himself this season that he wont be back next season as hard as that is to believe.

Comment

• dplus47
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by bluehaze
            Yup, I think Saban wants to end the controversy once and for all. Culpepper was brought here to be a pocket passer and he's not capable. Honestly I think Saban is shelving him and moving on. Why else would you put the guy on I.R. removing any chance for evaluating his rehabilitation later in the season?

Saban said several times in press conferences Culpepper was not benched because he was injured, it was because he felt that playing was impairing his ability to heal. So they take him out put him in a rehab program where the healing becomes even more stinted than when he was playing and now you throw him on I.R. and throw the whole balance of next season on this guy's shoulders after what you've seen from him in the first four games of this season?

I honestly can't believe Saban is willing to risk another start to next season like this again...so I am only left to believe if Culpepper gets no chance to redeeem himself this season that he wont be back next season as hard as that is to believe.
            there are no direct quotes in the article that mention anything about IR, so i'd be hesitant to believe it at this point. the writer doesn't even hide behind the usual "sources close to the team say..." bit, he just flat says "the team is seriously considering putting him on IR."

this type of injury typically takes 2 years for a person to return to full strength. the 1 year mark on his injury was halloween. do you honestly think saban has seen enough to just throw the 2nd round draft pick away and move on? to joey harrington?

take a look at carson palmer and the number of times he's been sacked and fumbled this year. it's going to take him a while to get back to where he was, and he has a decent line.

i'm not gonna say that saban won't draft another QB, because it's obvious at this point that there is no depth at the position, but i would say it's a stretch to suggest that saban has given up on culpepper.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Culpepper will be out of football in three years..

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by dplus47
                at the time when c-pep took the physical, it was assumed that he would miss at least part of the year. i think he looked a little too good in rehab and that fooled the coaching staff a little bit. can you blame anyone for wanting to go with culpepper over harrington?

as for the brees thing, the saints essentially signed him to a one year deal for a reason. he's one unfortunate sack away from throwing ducks all over the field. i'm not saying that is likely to happen; i'm just saying...

i am not looking forward to 9 more games of harrington out there. i have seen enough.
                1 year deal?? Where did u get that? It's a six year deal with only 10 million guaranteed in the first year. The second year gives him an additional 12 million guaranteed and so on.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Miami took a older hurt QB, I didn't expect him to play well.

Comment

• bluehaze
                    • Sep 2006

this type of injury typically takes 2 years for a person to return to full strength. the 1 year mark on his injury was halloween. do you honestly think saban has seen enough to just throw the 2nd round draft pick away and move on? to joey harrington?
                    A smart coach would cut his losses if he feels his 50 million dollar contracted QB cant perform on par with his 3 million dollar QB. I do find it hard to believe that Saban would get rid of Culpepper before giving him a chance to fully rehab however he sees alot more in practice than we do and I honestly do believe that if Culpepper goes on I.R. he is done as a Dolphin.

So far this is just a rumor though so no sense reading too much into it just yet

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      1 year deal?? Where did u get that? It's a six year deal with only 10 million guaranteed in the first year. The second year gives him an additional 12 million guaranteed and so on.
                      Yeah, Brees was an UFA and signed a big-money deal. Culpepper was traded and was playing under his old contract, that pays him only $1M this year, but balloons to $5.5M+ the following years. Look for him to be gone if he doesn't take a massive paycut.

Comment

• dplus47
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        it's "essentially" a one year deal, with the saints able to cut their losses after one year if they need to. it was common knowledge when it was signed, so it's not news today.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

I think Miami fans are happier with Culpepper injured, its pretty sad when Joey Harrington looks better.

Comment

• dplus47
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by bluehaze
                            A smart coach would cut his losses if he feels his 50 million dollar contracted QB cant perform on par with his 3 million dollar QB. I do find it hard to believe that Saban would get rid of Culpepper before giving him a chance to fully rehab however he sees alot more in practice than we do and I honestly do believe that if Culpepper goes on I.R. he is done as a Dolphin.

So far this is just a rumor though so no sense reading too much into it just yet
                            true on the "rumor" thing. this thought isn't original to me, but:

i'd rather take a chance on seeing if culpepper can return to even near what he has been than sit back and take a chance on harrington turning into something he has never been. he can't complete a pass longer than 15 yards, and he has never thrown for a high percentage. sounds a lot like AJ feeley.

Comment

• bluehaze
                              • Sep 2006

true on the "rumor" thing. this thought isn't original to me, but:

i'd rather take a chance on seeing if culpepper can return to even near what he has been than sit back and take a chance on harrington turning into something he has never been. he can't complete a pass longer than 15 yards, and he has never thrown for a high percentage. sounds a lot like AJ feeley.
                              Never say never my friend!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

However personally I would rather draft Brady Quinn than take a chance on Daunte Culpepper making a comeback.

Comment

Working...
                              X