PDA

View Full Version : Is this season truly lost?

Mitchy moo
11-02-2006, 03:50 PM
I really can't help but now think we need a miracle just to be decently near .500. Does anyone else feel this season is lost?

Mr. Cynical
11-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Q: Is this season lost?

A: Do fat dogs fart?

Iehoshua
11-02-2006, 04:32 PM
We can still run the table and go 11-5!!!

We must defeat the evil Packers first!

The_Philster
11-02-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm a Bills fan...not a quitter :up:

OpIv37
11-02-2006, 04:58 PM
We can still run the table and go 11-5!!!

We must defeat the evil Packers first!

yeah, several problems with that.

First, we still have to play the Colts, the Chargers, the Ravens, the Jaguars and the Jets in NJ.

Second, we already lost to Detroit, so beating GB, Houston, Tennessee and Miami isn't exactly a gimme.

Third, we have a brand new OL.

Fourth, we suck, especially the DL.

And finally, the Pats are 4 games and a tiebreaker ahead of us. Even if we win out, they'd have to finish 4-5 or worse for us to win the division. And there is NO WAY the Pats will lose 5 more games this year.

As far as playoffs, this season is lost.

As far as getting some experience and setting ourselves up well for next year, there's still 9 games so there's a good chance we can make some progress towards not sucking.

ajsdx
11-02-2006, 05:03 PM
other: even if we won't come sniffing the playoffs, it's still fun to watch the team (sometimes) compete. so it's not a loss to me. also, we can use the rest of the season to see which players are worth ****.

patmoran2006
11-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Lost in what regard?

Lost as in being in the playoffs? Of course

Lost as in having a winning season? Of course

Lost as in improving as a football team and setting yourself up for the future? Absolutely not.

I dont know what planet you are from to begin with thinking this was a playoff contending team...

Right now, the goal is simply to get BETTER... Its to find out who is GOOD enough to be here for the long haul.. Obviously it starts with QB, but Losman isn't the only on on trial in my book.

Which WR if any are good enough to take heat off Evans being double teamed to death? Is Pennington good enough to a starting tackle? What about Gandy? Will Kyle WIlliams continue to improve to the point DT isnt a high priority next. Will Spikes come back close to form? What about McGee? Is he a budding No. 1 corner like he showed last year or is he as bad as he's been this season?

A lot of questions and things to play out.. this is a REBUILDING team... So the season is far from lost

alohabillsfan
11-03-2006, 08:54 AM
The Bills will beat the Packers and the COLTS (Willis will have 177 yards and 3 TD's). The Bills defense will absolutly dominate Manning (54 sacks 1 fumble recovery for a TD and 2 ints 1 by Nate and 1 by Witner)! OK somebody pinch me! :laughing:

HHURRICANE
11-03-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm a Bills fan...not a quitter :up:

That might be an oxymoron!!

Mitchy moo
11-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Lost in what regard?

Lost as in being in the playoffs? Of course

Lost as in having a winning season? Of course

Lost as in improving as a football team and setting yourself up for the future? Absolutely not.

I dont know what planet you are from to begin with thinking this was a playoff contending team...

Right now, the goal is simply to get BETTER... Its to find out who is GOOD enough to be here for the long haul.. Obviously it starts with QB, but Losman isn't the only on on trial in my book.

Which WR if any are good enough to take heat off Evans being double teamed to death? Is Pennington good enough to a starting tackle? What about Gandy? Will Kyle WIlliams continue to improve to the point DT isnt a high priority next. Will Spikes come back close to form? What about McGee? Is he a budding No. 1 corner like he showed last year or is he as bad as he's been this season?

A lot of questions and things to play out.. this is a REBUILDING team... So the season is far from lost

We have been rebuilding for a decade,:pissed:

MTBillsFan
11-04-2006, 12:02 PM
teams move in cycles, in the late 80's and for most of the 90's the Bills kicked a$$!
However, a few(4-5) bad draft classes and poor personal moves have bit us. Look at the 49ers...THEY SUCK
We'll be back on top in no time!
GO BILLS

The_Philster
11-04-2006, 12:19 PM
That might be an oxymoron!!
I take it you've never seen the game that happened on January 3, 1993?
Or how about September 21, 1997?

Mr. Pink
11-04-2006, 11:12 PM
I take it you've never seen the game that happened on January 3, 1993?
Or how about September 21, 1997?

Hmmmm Jan 3, 1993? I remember that, I lived in Cleveland at the time and watched that game on TV. Funny thing about it, if you lived in Buffalo and didn't go to the game...you didn't see it.

The game didn't sellout in time to lift the blackout...so maybe he has never seen the game that happened on 1-3-93!