You want to talk about why this team is losing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

You want to talk about why this team is losing?

Im watching the Sabres right now, they were down 4 to 1 to the Bruins in the 3rd and came all the way back to tie it. Its now in overtime.

I hate the Pats, but they can be down in the game and still win.

You wanna know whats missing on this team? HEART!!!!

Somebody said this a month or so ago, its right on.

Its a belief that you are NEVER out of the game. It a belief that you ALWAYS can win.

Screw the individual players, JP included, play like a team and believe!

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: You want to talk about why this team is losing?

I'm the one who said it a few weeks ago. Prepare to get trashed.

But I agree completely. When the Bills get down by more than one score, they go to ****. And if they are losing by any amount at any point in the 4th quarter, no matter how small, it's OVER. They don't know how to come back.

Can someone please tell me the last time the Bills came back after being down in the 4th quarter, even by 1? I'm thinking it may have been that shootout against Miami in 2004.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      I'm the one who said it a few weeks ago. Prepare to get trashed.

But I agree completely. When the Bills get down by more than one score, they go to ****. And if they are losing by any amount at any point in the 4th quarter, no matter how small, it's OVER. They don't know how to come back.

Can someone please tell me the last time the Bills came back after being down in the 4th quarter, even by 1? I'm thinking it may have been that shootout against Miami in 2004.
      Cant understand why you wouldnt want a hard headed fiery guy like JP on a team with no heart. He has the skill, he just hasnt put it together. But he also isnt playing for a contender either.

Stick with JP, fix the team, and let JP lead by his arm and his fiery attitude and maybe we can get the next Kelly, who will drag his team by the bootstraps to wins if necessary.

Its a long way off I know, but damn, watching teams with heart makes me want that bad for our team.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I'm in favor of giving JP the rest of this season to improve. I'm still rooting for him, but it's becoming less and less likely that he'll be our long-term QB with every game. The regression over the last 3 games really has me concerned.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Check that, Sabres win in a shootout!!!!!

That my friends is a great team!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

yes it is.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

I'm in favor of giving JP the rest of this season to improve. I'm still rooting for him, but it's becoming less and less likely that he'll be our long-term QB with every game. The regression over the last 3 games really has me concerned.
              I dont know if I would call it regression. To me regression implies a downward trend. I think we have seen him play worse and level off at worse.

What do I mean?

Chicago was a complete loss, by the way the TEAM got destroyed, but lets not look at that.

Losman went 14/27 115 1 TD and 3 INT's thats putrid.

Detroit however, at least statistically, was not a bad game

Losman went 21/34 207 2 TD's and 1 INT. Thats not that bad overall.

NE game was another TEAM loss, but hey, whos counting

Losman went 16/25 193 0 TD's and 1 INT.

So outside of the crappy Chicago game, Losman hasnt kept getting worse as far as throwing.

The terrible trend here is the fumbles. He had 1 in the Chi game, 1 in the Det game, and 3 in the NE game.

Thats not good.

But, Jauron said over and over that the blindside fumbles are NOT JP's fault. So, we should expect that to improve if the whole o-line shift works.

Overall, I wouldnt call it getting worse, I would call it leveling off at crappy. Uggghhh, wish it wasnt true but it is.

I still think that if the team plays better, Losman will get better and that we need ALOT better talent overall.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

I hope you guys are wrong, because the coaches cant teach heart.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
                  I dont know if I would call it regression. To me regression implies a downward trend. I think we have seen him play worse and level off at worse.

What do I mean?

Chicago was a complete loss, by the way the TEAM got destroyed, but lets not look at that.

Losman went 14/27 115 1 TD and 3 INT's thats putrid.

Detroit however, at least statistically, was not a bad game

Losman went 21/34 207 2 TD's and 1 INT. Thats not that bad overall.

NE game was another TEAM loss, but hey, whos counting

Losman went 16/25 193 0 TD's and 1 INT.

So outside of the crappy Chicago game, Losman hasnt kept getting worse as far as throwing.

The terrible trend here is the fumbles. He had 1 in the Chi game, 1 in the Det game, and 3 in the NE game.

Thats not good.

But, Jauron said over and over that the blindside fumbles are NOT JP's fault. So, we should expect that to improve if the whole o-line shift works.

Overall, I wouldnt call it getting worse, I would call it leveling off at crappy. Uggghhh, wish it wasnt true but it is.

I still think that if the team plays better, Losman will get better and that we need ALOT better talent overall.
                  what concerns me is the INT's- not so much the number but the way they occurred. They weren't tipped, he wasn't hit when he threw, etc- he was either trying to force it or he missed his read on the D. These are the kinds of rookie mistakes I was hoping he would stop making, but he hasn't.

As far as the fumbles, some were his fault, some weren't. Against NE, one clearly wasn't his fault because Villarial flat-out whiffed on his block and the guy came in untouched.

On the scramble, he ran into the ref and dropped the ball- he should have been protecting it better.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                    I hope you guys are wrong, because the coaches cant teach heart.
                    I think we have guys with heart. I think they just cant use it until they know they can win.

It all comes from winning, then the game gets easier.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Im watching the Sabres right now, they were down 4 to 1 to the Bruins in the 3rd and came all the way back to tie it. Its now in overtime.

I hate the Pats, but they can be down in the game and still win.

You wanna know whats missing on this team? HEART!!!!

Somebody said this a month or so ago, its right on.

Its a belief that you are NEVER out of the game. It a belief that you ALWAYS can win.

Screw the individual players, JP included, play like a team and believe!
                      To get heart you need...

1. Team chemistry. That takes luck, as well as the right mix of players. Look to the person who drafts the players and you can point the finger.

2. Great leadership. That can come from several positions on the team although usually the QB or LB. However, the ultimate leader on the team is the head coach. He has to motivate, prepare and discipline the team effectively.

3. Winning some **** games. Without winning, you get used to losing. It's that simple.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

what concerns me is the INT's- not so much the number but the way they occurred. They weren't tipped, he wasn't hit when he threw, etc- he was either trying to force it or he missed his read on the D. These are the kinds of rookie mistakes I was hoping he would stop making, but he hasn't.

As far as the fumbles, some were his fault, some weren't. Against NE, one clearly wasn't his fault because Villarial flat-out whiffed on his block and the guy came in untouched.

On the scramble, he ran into the ref and dropped the ball- he should have been protecting it better.
                        Your right on INT's. But forcing it is sometimes what guys do when they feel they need to carry the team to win. Who knows whats going on in his head, it could just be terrible decisions. But, I think being in better situations as far as the score goes due to a better team and better play will lessen the feel of needing to win the game.

Rookie mistakes are throwing it when other guys are open, not forcing it. Kelly would force it at times.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

!
                          And every game this year, except Bears game, the Bills could of won if they had a leader on offense leading them to more then FGs and Turnovers.
                          Last edited by TacklingDummy; 11-03-2006, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                            • Jun 2005

Sorry to tell ya but my Bruins SUCK

Comment

• The King
                              Without me it's just Awe so
                              • Jun 2004

Ya too bad the Bruins weren't an NFL team.
                              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                              It was all
                              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                              X