PDA

View Full Version : You want to talk about why this team is losing?

X-Era
11-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Im watching the Sabres right now, they were down 4 to 1 to the Bruins in the 3rd and came all the way back to tie it. Its now in overtime.

I hate the Pats, but they can be down in the game and still win.

You wanna know whats missing on this team? HEART!!!!

Somebody said this a month or so ago, its right on.

Its a belief that you are NEVER out of the game. It a belief that you ALWAYS can win.

Screw the individual players, JP included, play like a team and believe!

OpIv37
11-02-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm the one who said it a few weeks ago. Prepare to get trashed.

But I agree completely. When the Bills get down by more than one score, they go to ****. And if they are losing by any amount at any point in the 4th quarter, no matter how small, it's OVER. They don't know how to come back.

Can someone please tell me the last time the Bills came back after being down in the 4th quarter, even by 1? I'm thinking it may have been that shootout against Miami in 2004.

X-Era
11-02-2006, 08:50 PM

But I agree completely. When the Bills get down by more than one score, they go to ****. And if they are losing by any amount at any point in the 4th quarter, no matter how small, it's OVER. They don't know how to come back.

Can someone please tell me the last time the Bills came back after being down in the 4th quarter, even by 1? I'm thinking it may have been that shootout against Miami in 2004.

Cant understand why you wouldnt want a hard headed fiery guy like JP on a team with no heart. He has the skill, he just hasnt put it together. But he also isnt playing for a contender either.

Stick with JP, fix the team, and let JP lead by his arm and his fiery attitude and maybe we can get the next Kelly, who will drag his team by the bootstraps to wins if necessary.

Its a long way off I know, but damn, watching teams with heart makes me want that bad for our team.

OpIv37
11-02-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm in favor of giving JP the rest of this season to improve. I'm still rooting for him, but it's becoming less and less likely that he'll be our long-term QB with every game. The regression over the last 3 games really has me concerned.

X-Era
11-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Check that, Sabres win in a shootout!!!!!

That my friends is a great team!

OpIv37
11-02-2006, 08:56 PM
yes it is.

X-Era
11-02-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm in favor of giving JP the rest of this season to improve. I'm still rooting for him, but it's becoming less and less likely that he'll be our long-term QB with every game. The regression over the last 3 games really has me concerned.

I dont know if I would call it regression. To me regression implies a downward trend. I think we have seen him play worse and level off at worse.

What do I mean?

Chicago was a complete loss, by the way the TEAM got destroyed, but lets not look at that.

Losman went 14/27 115 1 TD and 3 INT's thats putrid.

Detroit however, at least statistically, was not a bad game

Losman went 21/34 207 2 TD's and 1 INT. Thats not that bad overall.

NE game was another TEAM loss, but hey, whos counting

Losman went 16/25 193 0 TD's and 1 INT.

So outside of the crappy Chicago game, Losman hasnt kept getting worse as far as throwing.

The terrible trend here is the fumbles. He had 1 in the Chi game, 1 in the Det game, and 3 in the NE game.

Thats not good.

But, Jauron said over and over that the blindside fumbles are NOT JP's fault. So, we should expect that to improve if the whole o-line shift works.

Overall, I wouldnt call it getting worse, I would call it leveling off at crappy. Uggghhh, wish it wasnt true but it is.

I still think that if the team plays better, Losman will get better and that we need ALOT better talent overall.

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 09:14 PM
I hope you guys are wrong, because the coaches cant teach heart.

OpIv37
11-02-2006, 09:17 PM
I dont know if I would call it regression. To me regression implies a downward trend. I think we have seen him play worse and level off at worse.

What do I mean?

Chicago was a complete loss, by the way the TEAM got destroyed, but lets not look at that.

Losman went 14/27 115 1 TD and 3 INT's thats putrid.

Detroit however, at least statistically, was not a bad game

Losman went 21/34 207 2 TD's and 1 INT. Thats not that bad overall.

NE game was another TEAM loss, but hey, whos counting

Losman went 16/25 193 0 TD's and 1 INT.

So outside of the crappy Chicago game, Losman hasnt kept getting worse as far as throwing.

The terrible trend here is the fumbles. He had 1 in the Chi game, 1 in the Det game, and 3 in the NE game.

Thats not good.

But, Jauron said over and over that the blindside fumbles are NOT JP's fault. So, we should expect that to improve if the whole o-line shift works.

Overall, I wouldnt call it getting worse, I would call it leveling off at crappy. Uggghhh, wish it wasnt true but it is.

I still think that if the team plays better, Losman will get better and that we need ALOT better talent overall.
what concerns me is the INT's- not so much the number but the way they occurred. They weren't tipped, he wasn't hit when he threw, etc- he was either trying to force it or he missed his read on the D. These are the kinds of rookie mistakes I was hoping he would stop making, but he hasn't.

As far as the fumbles, some were his fault, some weren't. Against NE, one clearly wasn't his fault because Villarial flat-out whiffed on his block and the guy came in untouched.

On the scramble, he ran into the ref and dropped the ball- he should have been protecting it better.

X-Era
11-02-2006, 09:17 PM
I hope you guys are wrong, because the coaches cant teach heart.

I think we have guys with heart. I think they just cant use it until they know they can win.

It all comes from winning, then the game gets easier.

Mr. Cynical
11-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Im watching the Sabres right now, they were down 4 to 1 to the Bruins in the 3rd and came all the way back to tie it. Its now in overtime.

I hate the Pats, but they can be down in the game and still win.

You wanna know whats missing on this team? HEART!!!!

Somebody said this a month or so ago, its right on.

Its a belief that you are NEVER out of the game. It a belief that you ALWAYS can win.

Screw the individual players, JP included, play like a team and believe!

To get heart you need...

1. Team chemistry. That takes luck, as well as the right mix of players. Look to the person who drafts the players and you can point the finger.

2. Great leadership. That can come from several positions on the team although usually the QB or LB. However, the ultimate leader on the team is the head coach. He has to motivate, prepare and discipline the team effectively.

3. Winning some **** games. Without winning, you get used to losing. It's that simple.

X-Era
11-02-2006, 09:30 PM
what concerns me is the INT's- not so much the number but the way they occurred. They weren't tipped, he wasn't hit when he threw, etc- he was either trying to force it or he missed his read on the D. These are the kinds of rookie mistakes I was hoping he would stop making, but he hasn't.

As far as the fumbles, some were his fault, some weren't. Against NE, one clearly wasn't his fault because Villarial flat-out whiffed on his block and the guy came in untouched.

On the scramble, he ran into the ref and dropped the ball- he should have been protecting it better.

Your right on INT's. But forcing it is sometimes what guys do when they feel they need to carry the team to win. Who knows whats going on in his head, it could just be terrible decisions. But, I think being in better situations as far as the score goes due to a better team and better play will lessen the feel of needing to win the game.

Rookie mistakes are throwing it when other guys are open, not forcing it. Kelly would force it at times.

TacklingDummy
11-03-2006, 07:07 AM

!

And every game this year, except Bears game, the Bills could of won if they had a leader on offense leading them to more then FGs and Turnovers.

SquishDaFish
11-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Sorry to tell ya but my Bruins SUCK

The King
11-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Ya too bad the Bruins weren't an NFL team.

alohabillsfan
11-03-2006, 07:49 AM
With about $20,000,000 inthe bank ready to spend in free agency if there is no heart available then we must attack the issue in the draft, here are some prospects;

Hart, Jim T ARK 76 6'6" 330 lbs 4/1/1988
Hart, Justin S USC 35 6'0" 185 lbs 4/3/1987
Hart, Leon OL AUB 72 6'5" 302 lbs
Hart, Matt OL HOU 79 6'6" 305 lbs 9/8/1986
Hart, Michael OL RICE 53 5'10" 255 lbs
Hart, Mike RB MICH 20 5'9" 194 lbs 4/9/1986
Hart, Mike QB PENST 6 6'0" 190 lbs

Now that would be a team with heart!!:laughing:

Mahdi
11-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Why would the Bills have no heart? Im pretty sure they want to win and feel good about themselves just as bad as we do, and more because they are the ones putting in the work.

The real reason we can never come back in a game is because when you're down in a game the opposition knows that you HAVE to pass. If thats the case they just pin their ears back and pass rush and blitz. And once again like a lot of the problems on this team, it comes back to O-Line which is the root of it. They cant pass protect, or run block, which means we never have a chance at coming back unless they greatly over-achieve which hasnt happened. Maybe this mix up changes things.

HHURRICANE
11-03-2006, 08:24 AM

I said it!!

HHURRICANE
11-03-2006, 08:25 AM
And every game this year, except Bears game, the Bills could of won if they had a leader on offense leading them to more then FGs and Turnovers.

I didn't know that was Losman who got stuffed on 4th and 1 in the first New England game!!

ddaryl
11-03-2006, 01:45 PM
GO Sabres !!!!

They are the pride and joy of Buffalo these days.

I too have questioned the heart of the Buffalo Bills, and it isn't just this year. It's been a question throughout the Tom Donahoe years, and its why Marv purged a few key vets this year like Moulds and Adams.

Hopefully this team can learn how to win and I hope it becomes infectious. Maybe the entire team should take in a Sabres game and get a taste of that emotion.