PDA

View Full Version : Are you kidding me!?!?

Nighthawk
11-02-2006, 09:00 PM
For how bad this team looked and to be down 3 goals with under 10 minutes to go and still win the game? Are you kidding me!?!? All that I have got to say is "I BELIEVE!"

Go Sabres!:bandwagon

Typ0
11-02-2006, 09:03 PM
we're an offensive juggernaut there's no question about it.

Nighthawk
11-02-2006, 09:06 PM
we're an offensive juggernaut there's no question about it.

Yep, we are...when we want to play. However, how scary is this team? What do other teams think when they see this kind of comeback?

Say it with me...R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Michael82
11-02-2006, 09:18 PM
I am still shocked! I turned my TV off and then played Madden. I turn it back on and they are doing the postgame show and I'm like WTF! :shocked:

"I Believe!"

This team is good, scary good. Even when they don't deserve to win, they pull it out of their ass every single time. :bf1:

BillsNick
11-02-2006, 09:20 PM
I lost my voice, and I am still running around screaming!!!!!!!!!!!

Nighthawk
11-02-2006, 09:22 PM
I lost my voice, and I am still running around screaming!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine if this team ever won the Cup? This city would go crazy!

hammerbillsfan
11-02-2006, 09:25 PM
I am still shocked! I turned my TV off and then played Madden. I turn it back on and they are doing the postgame show and I'm like WTF! :shocked:

"I Believe!"

This team is good, scary good. Even when they don't deserve to win, they pull it out of their ass every single time. :bf1:
Never turn the station with this team on. :tube:

Nighthawk
11-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Never turn the station with this team on. :tube:

This team is dangerous when they want to be.

Message to other teams: "Be afraid, be VERY afraid!"

Billscusey
11-02-2006, 11:37 PM

"I Believe!"

That'll teach ya to give up on the Sabres early! LOL! (Although good call on the Madden!) : )

Michael82
11-03-2006, 12:30 AM
That'll teach ya to give up on the Sabres early! LOL! (Although good call on the Madden!) : )
I'm playing a franchise mode and just finished off the preseason. My team is 4-0 and JP easily took the starting QB job. :up:

Meathead
11-03-2006, 05:58 AM
i was at a game way back when where they came back from either three or four down in the third but that had to be thirty years ago (yikes) and that was the last time i saw anything like it

the coolest thing was roby repeating well this is where they usually have been turning it on and click there it was

i thought for sure they were going to score in the ot too but i guess im spoiled lol

Meathead
11-03-2006, 06:00 AM
posts out of sequential order ...

jamze132
11-03-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm playing a franchise mode and just finished off the preseason. My team is 4-0 and JP easily took the starting QB job. :up:
Well guess what. My first season in Madden, JP was awesome in preseaon, then he got hurt in week 1. Holcomb came in and went to the pro bowl. Go figure.

SabreEleven
11-03-2006, 09:02 AM
I hate listening those announcers from Boston. They are the most biased announcers in the league. When something goes wrong all they do is whine like Tom Brady for 10 minutes yet never mention how the Bruins players get away with anything.
What sent me over the edge is when the color guy said in overtime its a shame the Sabres might get 2 points out of it. He tried unsuccessfully to cover his tracks like John Kerry but the damage was already done.
Great win for a great team!!!

These guys are ****ing blind, Boston's best defense was interence and slashing. Especially in that 2nd period, they were getting away with murder. I was screaming at my TV. I can't be the only one to see that.

jamze132
11-03-2006, 09:03 AM
I hate listening those announcers from Boston. They are the most biased announcers in the league. When something goes wrong all they do is whine like Tom Brady for 10 minutes yet never mention how the Bruins players get away with anything.
What sent me over the edge is when the color guy said in overtime its a shame the Sabres might get 2 points out of it. He tried unsuccessfully to cover his tracks like John Kerry but the damage was already done.
yeah that reminds me of having to watch the Marlins's telecast when the Mets are playing them.

"And the Florida Marlins have just beaten the best team in baseball, teh New York Mets." "

Yeah, Jim the Florida Marlins must really be something special to be able to play in the same league with the 1st place Mets."

Here's another:

"Wow!, I can't believe that a 21 year old rookie just hit a homerun off of a future hall of famer Tom Glavine! man this kid is special.

" yeah, especially against the 1st place New York Mets."

What a bunch of tools.

SkateZilla
11-03-2006, 01:05 PM
i think the 4,000 strong Briuns fans chanting "Oveeerr Raateddd" had soemthing to do with it :)

blackonyx89
11-03-2006, 01:15 PM
These guys have heart and balls of steel,unlike the Bills of late.LOL!:laughing:

don137
11-03-2006, 04:16 PM

ddaryl
11-03-2006, 04:19 PM
These Sabres feel a lot like the early 90's Bills IMO. No matter what you always felt they could come back and win.

YardRat
11-03-2006, 05:10 PM
I turned my TV off and then played Madden. I turn it back on and they are doing the postgame show and I'm like WTF!

Shame on you.

These Sabres feel a lot like the early 90's Bills IMO. No matter what you always felt they could come back and win.

Good analogy.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Historian
11-03-2006, 05:37 PM
I've been following them since they dropped the first puck, and I don't ever recall a comeback like that one.

Typ0
11-03-2006, 05:53 PM
I've been following them since they dropped the first puck, and I don't ever recall a comeback like that one.

maybe that's true...but the comebacks have been so commonplace over the course of last season and this one it's hard to single it out. This team seems to still have that refuse to lose mentality. I think we all were besides ourselves last night as we were about to lose our second in a row....WHOAHHH NOT GOING TO LET THAT HAPPEN!

JD
11-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Hard to single out?? This is a record if im not mistaken.. or it just missed breaking it. The old record was wet by the 76' Sabres.

Best comeback EVER in Sabres history.

And I'm not the only one to say so, my grandpa who was at the VERY FIRST Sabres game can't recall a comeback like that. Then again he cant recall the last time he **** himself either until he checks himself but thats a whole nother topic

GThirst
11-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Actually, the sabres were down by 3 goals in the 2003 season agains the Atlanta Thrashers, ended up winning.

JD
11-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Actually, the sabres were down by 3 goals in the 2003 season agains the Atlanta Thrashers, ended up winning.
With less than 9 minutes to go in the 3rd?

Typ0
11-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Hard to single out?? This is a record if im not mistaken.. or it just missed breaking it. The old record was wet by the 76' Sabres.

Best comeback EVER in Sabres history.

And I'm not the only one to say so, my grandpa who was at the VERY FIRST Sabres game can't recall a comeback like that. Then again he cant recall the last time he **** himself either until he checks himself but thats a whole nother topic

yes...hard to single out. we win from behind far too much.

GThirst
11-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, the sabres didn't do that last night either. They were down 4-1 at 3:56 into the third period. So really more like 16:04, which is only 7 mins and 4 seconds different than what you said, but its a big difference. We had 3/4 of a period to come back.

But I'll look it up...

Ok so I looked, and all I can find is countless stories about the Thrashers ending our winning streak. Oh boy. But I mean, if they were down say, 3-0 or 4-1 in the second period, they still have to play hard to make up that deficit. A team doesnt get 3 goals ahead from no effort, they will try to continue scoring goals.

But yea, I see what your saying, quite a comeback. But if Thomas made just a couple more saves we might be talking about how disappointing the Sabres were instead.

SabreEleven
11-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Well, the sabres didn't do that last night either. They were down 4-1 at 3:56 into the third period. So really more like 16:04, which is only 7 mins and 4 seconds different than what you said, but its a big difference. We had 3/4 of a period to come back.

But I'll look it up...

Ok so I looked, and all I can find is countless stories about the Thrashers ending our winning streak. Oh boy. But I mean, if they were down say, 3-0 or 4-1 in the second period, they still have to play hard to make up that deficit. A team doesnt get 3 goals ahead from no effort, they will try to continue scoring goals.

But yea, I see what your saying, quite a comeback. But if Thomas made just a couple more saves we might be talking about how disappointing the Sabres were instead.

We had 3/4 of a period to come back, but it didn't start until 9 mins left

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=650 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=middle>3</TD><TD align=right>11:11</TD><TD align=middle>BUF</TD><TD align=left>M. AFINOGENOV (7)</TD><TD align=left>D. ROY (7)</TD><TD align=left>T. VANEK (8)</TD><TD align=left>61 9 51 38 30 26</TD><TD align=left>25 41 37 32 30 28 </TD><TD align=middle>EV</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=middle>3</TD><TD align=right>17:30</TD><TD align=middle>BUF</TD><TD align=left>M. AFINOGENOV (8)</TD><TD align=left>T. VANEK (9)</TD><TD align=left>D. ROY (8)</TD><TD align=left>61 9 45 30 27 26</TD><TD align=left>20 81 41 30 23 22 </TD><TD align=middle>EV</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=middle>3</TD><TD align=right>18:25</TD><TD align=middle>BUF</TD><TD align=left>A. KOTALIK (4)</TD><TD align=left>P. GAUSTAD (5)</TD><TD align=left>C. DRURY (5)</TD><TD align=left>12 51 38 30 28 23</TD><TD align=left>11 91 49 33 30 27 </TD><TD align=middle>EV</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And if Miller had made a few more saves, the comeback wouldn't have been necessary.

Billscusey
11-05-2006, 08:12 PM

Hmm, as good as that game is, there must be somethin' wrong with it if it would let that happen! ; )

MTBillsFan
11-05-2006, 09:34 PM
I Believe!
GO SABRES!

SkateZilla
11-05-2006, 11:50 PM

it was like 13:17 Left, Trailing 3-0

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=230402002

But the Boston Comeback, To Win, it took more than 9 Minutes.. it was like 15 and a hAlf, because you have to count overtime and the Shootout,

The 3-0 Comeback to win 4-3 Vs Atlanta in 2003 was in Regulation :)

Valerie
11-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Even though I'm a Leaf's fan, I still really like the Sabres and I would love to see them win the Cup! They should be very proud of themselves so far this season! :up:

Mitchy moo
11-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Even though I'm a Leaf's fan, I still really like the Sabres and I would love to see them win the Cup! They should be very proud of themselves so far this season! :up:

you had a good time the other night.

JD
11-09-2006, 10:45 AM
you had a good time the other night.
:rage: