PDA

View Full Version : What's the low down on Hugh Douglas?

RedEyE
02-27-2003, 09:54 PM
The last thing I read was that Philly was expected to sign him before tonight? Any reports?

I think it would be interesting to sign both DE Hugh Douglas and OLB Shawn Barber. They already have a good working rapport with one another. Douglas is a mad man that should easily shell out another 10-12 sacks next season. Interesting tid bit: Modrak was directly involved with obtaining Douglas when he worked the Eagles front office. Perhaps TD could use this as leverage.

Barber played weakside last season and did an excellent job. He has been labled a poor man's Derrick Brooks because of his unique covering abilities. Rumor has it that Philly was sure to sign him on a one year deal, but things fell through. Now Barber's agent has been reported saying that Shawn will not return with the Eagles at all next season. He's readily available, young and most likely inexpensive. I think he would be one hell of addition working alongside London Fletcher.

Fatwhite02
02-27-2003, 11:18 PM
I read in the sportingnews that the top two contenders for Douglas were the Bills and the Chiefs with the Chiefs being the frontrunner. Also it said that the Eagles would be certaintly interested in re-signing him. But the Chiefs may be out of it by signing Trent Green to a $50 million deal. We'll just have to see.

Tatonka
02-27-2003, 11:59 PM
and the chiefs just resigned maslowski.. so that is at least another 15-20 mill.. can they really just grab douglas after spending about 70 mill?