PDA

View Full Version : I say keep Mcgahee

BILLSROCK1212
11-02-2006, 09:38 PM
although many may disagree i say keep Mcgahee it's just that like many other RBs in the NFL they can't be everydown backs and that is what Willis is we have o get a good back up for him this offseason or we will be wasting a pick on another 1st round RB this year

PECKERWOOD
11-02-2006, 09:41 PM
I say you are right. McGahee isnt to blame for our struggles. A suspect OL, and a questionable QB. Those 2 things are a RB's worst enemy.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-02-2006, 11:20 PM
I am not a willis fan.. to me he does not run inspired

Mr. Cynical
11-02-2006, 11:26 PM
My bet is that he will ask for a trade as soon as Rosendouche gets the right people to the table. My only hope is that Marv gets some good value for him if that's the case.

SquishDaFish
11-03-2006, 07:29 AM
I hope he stays too. How many players in the NFL are not about themselves?? Just bout every player is out for himself. Willis is doing just fine behind a crap OL.

alohabillsfan
11-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Dick Loves Mcgahee. In DJ's last interview he had NOTHING BAD to say about Mcgahee. I doubt we will lose him. The only way I see that happening is if Mcgahee holds out.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE US DRAFT SOME INSURANCE IN THE 3/4 ROUND UNLESS THE FRONT OFFICE KNOWS THE INTENTIONS OF SAID WILLIS!

L. BOOKER FSU!!!

HHURRICANE
11-03-2006, 08:30 AM
although many may disagree i say keep Mcgahee it's just that like many other RBs in the NFL they can't be everydown backs and that is what Willis is we have o get a good back up for him this offseason or we will be wasting a pick on another 1st round RB this year

I think McGahee is dumb and doesn't play with enough heart. With that said I'd rather have him than Ronnie Brown or some of the other RB's out there so "yes" we should keep him.

Thurman Thomas used to do some stupid things like declaring himself the "Michael Jordan" of running backs so I can tolerate some of that. The difference is that I have seen Thurman completely dominate a game and give us a win just on his strength alone. I'll never forget the Miami game where Chris Berman counted him breaking 9 tackles on his way to a TD!! McGahee has a hard time breaking one.

Saratoga Slim
11-03-2006, 08:33 AM
I still question Willis' "Team" attitude. He seems to be more of a me person, but has gotten a little better about it this year.

however he is just as much a victim of our woeful OL, and offense in general as JP IMO, and he, like JP, will benefit from some upgrades in skill at OL and TE.

I believe Willis can be a punishing RB for us and we should try to keep him< but as mentioned above Willis has a crappy agent and thinks too highly of himself. He may not be a player we can keep.

That's about where I'm at. I don't like Willis' attitude, but I see no reason at all to replace him I can't fault the effort he puts on the field, and I think that only the truly elite backs in the game have more talent.

I think he'll be here next year, barring a holdout. But I think we'll have a tough time resigning him when his contract is up.

scott51
11-03-2006, 08:44 AM
I agree that McGahee doesn't have the greatest attitude. I also think the Bills would be crazy to give him up! Give him a solid O-Line and a darn good quarterback and I think McGahee becomes one of the Elite! (LT, Tiki, and someday even a Thurman)

DMBcrew36
11-03-2006, 11:34 AM
McGahee will want out of Buffalo.

Jaybird
11-03-2006, 11:44 AM
i love the guy, but he will want out. ive heard him say before hes not a big fan of the town of buffalo. he will hold out for a trade in the off season. lets hope he finishes off strong so we can get great value for him, like a frist round pick

jamze132
11-03-2006, 11:45 AM
I dodn't think it will come down to whether or not the FO wants him, nor do I think it will come down to strictly money. What I think it will come down to is whether or Not we are winning and if he wants to play here anymore. But one thing he needs to keep in mind is that there are what 23 teams that passed on him when we gave him the oportunity? And no I am not pleading to keep him. I am on the fence when it comes to him.

spacecowboy
11-03-2006, 11:49 AM
From everything I've heard he dosen't really want to be in Buffalo. He wants to be in a bigger market, so he can have a bigger spotlight, (a real team player).

madness
11-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I still question Willis' "Team" attitude. He seems to be more of a me person, but has gotten a little better about it this year.

however he is just as much a victim of our woeful OL, and offense in general as JP IMO, and he, like JP, will benefit from some upgrades in skill at OL and TE.

I believe Willis can be a punishing RB for us and we should try to keep him< but as mentioned above Willis has a crappy agent and thinks too highly of himself. He may not be a player we can keep.

Willis has said nothing of late that would make me question his attitude. In fact, the way he's been talking as of late shows me he's really buying into Jauron's team first mentality.

ddaryl
11-03-2006, 01:36 PM

Inetpub
11-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Dick Loves Mcgahee. In DJ's last interview he had NOTHING BAD to say about Mcgahee. I doubt we will lose him. The only way I see that happening is if Mcgahee holds out.

patmoran2006
11-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Anybody who wants Willis shipped out of Buffalo don't know **** about football.

Give him a competent line and watch him pile up the yards, control the clock and make life easier on the defense.

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2006, 06:52 PM
I think McGahee is dumb and doesn't play with enough heart. With that said I'd rather have him than Ronnie Brown or some of the other RB's out there so "yes" we should keep him.

Thurman Thomas used to do some stupid things like declaring himself the "Michael Jordan" of running backs so I can tolerate some of that. The difference is that I have seen Thurman completely dominate a game and give us a win just on his strength alone. I'll never forget the Miami game where Chris Berman counted him breaking 9 tackles on his way to a TD!! McGahee has a hard time breaking one.

That's my biggest beef with McGahee. He's not difficult to tackle and gets slowed at the line too easily, getting caught by arm tackles quite often.

Night Train
11-03-2006, 07:00 PM
I still believe he needs to show something more this 2nd half.

I'm not completely sold on him yet. Plus RB's can be easy to find in FA or the draft.

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2006, 07:08 PM
I still believe he needs to show something more this 2nd half.

I'm not completely sold on him yet. Plus RB's can be easy to find in FA or the draft.

When I watch Leon Washington run the ball I wonder why Willis can't break tackles like that. The dude is only 202lbs.

Night Train
11-03-2006, 07:22 PM
When I watch Leon Washington run the ball I wonder why Willis can't break tackles like that. The dude is only 202lbs.

Thurman wasn't 200 and could break tackles. He didn't have breakaway speed but could move the chains.