PDA

View Full Version : If the draft was today, heres my guess

X-Era
11-03-2006, 06:22 AM
1) Arizona- Trade down? They wont take Calvin, they have Fitz and Boldin. They wont go QB, they have Leinhart, Joe Thomas? maybe.
2) Miami- Quinn or Brohm, could be stupid enough to think Culp is all they need and take Calvin. Not that taking Calvin is stupid, they just need a QB of the future too.
3) Det- whomever Mia doesnt take at QB, or probably Quinn if Mia goes Calvin
4) Buffalo- If Quinn and Brohm are gone, we take Calvin. If not, we probably take Adams or Moses, maybe Cason, too high for Dwayne Jarrett? If we go QB, I could see us trading up with Arizona and taking our choice.

By the way, i used redzones strength of schedule which puts us above the other 2 and 5 teams:

http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp

Not sure if theres a more accurate one or not.

LtFinFan66
11-03-2006, 06:35 AM
Troy Smith for the Fins would work for me as well....but I am a little biased

SquishDaFish
11-03-2006, 07:24 AM
If we pick there I say Moses all the way. Or the top OL avail

tampabay25690
11-03-2006, 07:27 AM
I say we take Calvin Johnosn all the way if we can this guy is an absolute STUD!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
11-03-2006, 09:01 AM
I say we take Calvin Johnosn all the way if we can this guy is an absolute STUD!!!!!!

Are you completely off your rocker?! Another WR!!!!!!!! We can't pressure or protect our QB. When are you guys around here going to get it?

Drafting skill positions in the first 4 rounds makes no sense at all!!

Our best receivers, in the history of the Bills, were all drafted in late rounds from smaller schools.

DL OL
DL OL
DL OL
DL OL
DL OL
DL OL

Pride
11-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Stud DT or WR

I am not a fan of taking OL in the first round.

Round 1 should be used for skill positions...

Round 1 WR or QB or trade down and get a WR and DT
Round 2-7, OL, OL, MLB, CB, DT/DE, best available

bflojohn
11-03-2006, 02:34 PM
IF the Bills were drafting this high, I'd say the wisdom is pick the best available player! IF the Bills are slotted at #4, Joe Thomas is a very likely target, ala D'Brickashaw Ferguson this year!! I'm also inclined to think that Gaines Adams will WOW everyone at the combine and be taken in the top 2 or 3, easy!! This draft is a little top-heavy with skill position talent, so trading down a bit (oh, say around 8-12) would net the Bills Levi Brown or Jake Long or Alan Branch, and they probably acquire a 2nd or 3rd in the process. It is simply a very good year for OT's, IMO....

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 03:46 PM
There are really too many options, its WAY too early for this. Does JP improve? How does our OL gel? Does our DL keep improving, like they did against NE last week? So many questions..

I say trade down, and pick up as many picks, on the first day as possible.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 03:48 PM
IF the Bills were drafting this high, I'd say the wisdom is pick the best available player! IF the Bills are slotted at #4, Joe Thomas is a very likely target, ala D'Brickashaw Ferguson this year!! I'm also inclined to think that Gaines Adams will WOW everyone at the combine and be taken in the top 2 or 3, easy!! This draft is a little top-heavy with skill position talent, so trading down a bit (oh, say around 8-12) would net the Bills Levi Brown or Jake Long or Alan Branch, and they probably acquire a 2nd or 3rd in the process. It is simply a very good year for OT's, IMO....

Thats wisdom speaking right there, sir. Move down 5 spots and get an extra 2nd round pick? Sounds damn good to me.

L.A. Playa
11-03-2006, 04:16 PM
just say no to Dwayne Jarret he isnt the best WR on his own team

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 04:23 PM
This draft is stocked with talent at WR, imo. Calvin Johnson, Ted Ginn Jr., Dwayne Jarrett, Sidney Rice, Jeff Samardizjia, and Rehema McKnight. We could easily steal a good WR in the 2nd round.

SquishDaFish
11-03-2006, 04:26 PM
I wish we can get Samardizjia in the 2nd round. That would be sweet.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 04:28 PM
I wish we can get Samardizjia in the 2nd round. That would be sweet.
Thats a very realistic scenario, imo. I think Zach Miller may be around also. He is a good recieving threat at TE, and he can block. I'd love to see a threat at TE for a change.

patmoran2006
11-03-2006, 04:54 PM
IF the Bills (and im not saying they will be) are picking fourth, you can bet the hiz-ouse they will be taking a QUARTERBACK.

Sixth or lower and its anybody's guess right now.. But make NO mistake about it, top four pick and its a QB, or the fans in Buffalo will lynch Marv, let alone stop selling out games.

jaycorp51
11-03-2006, 06:43 PM
They will not take a qb that early. Far too many pressing concerns to draft a qb. They need O-Line help, LB help, DT help etc. If they take a qb, it will be much later. Maybe 5th round or later.

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2006, 09:01 PM
WR would not be a bad idea because as good as Evans is, he would be better as a #2 to someone like Johnson. Sure, we have wide receivers, but none of them are good #2 types (anymore). We are adequate right now at DE, but Moses would make an impact. A QB is looking more likely as the season progresses because JP keeps making the same mistakes. There is nothing there at DT in the early-mid 1st round.
I would be thrilled if this FO pulled off a trade-down for either Patrick Willis, Quinn Pitcock or Sidney Rice and reined in another 2nd round pick.
Samardzija will play baseball and that turns me away from him :(

Pitcock would complete the D-line, while Rice has unlimited upside with great size, speed and hands. P-Willie would shore up the future of our linebacking crew.
Doug Free could be had in the second if Pennington does not show the right signs.

clumping platelets
11-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Adrian Peterson :up:

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Adrian Peterson :up:

Why? We have more pressing needs with impact players at the right positions.

Lee-83
11-03-2006, 09:14 PM
rt,g,wr should be involved with our 1st round pick.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 09:19 PM
I keep hearing alot about Brian Brohm, I'm going to have to watch more Louisville games.

gr8slayer
11-03-2006, 11:42 PM
DO NOT TAKE ANY LINEMEN FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS. DO FREAKING NOT.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Troy Smith isnt going top 10 most likely. He may even fall to the 2nd round, based on some reports.

gr8slayer
11-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Why would anyone draft Smith high?

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Why would anyone draft Smith high?
I think he will do good.. The only problem is his height. He has a good arm, and he is vince young fast. It really depends on if teams want to gamble that high, I dont think many will. He will also most likely win the Heisman.

gr8slayer
11-03-2006, 11:51 PM
I think he will do good.. The only problem is his height. He has a good arm, and he is vince young fast. It really depends on if teams want to gamble that high, I dont think many will. He will also most likely win the Heisman.
How many running QB's have won a SB? Losman has a hell of an arm and can scramble pretty well, basically the same height and weight as Smith.

Just a thought.

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 11:54 PM
How many running QB's have won a SB? Losman has a hell of an arm and can scramble pretty well, basically the same height and weight as Smith.

Just a thought.
Young did it, didnt Cunningham do it also? Anyways, Michael Vick is doing pretty damn well, I predict them to goto the SB. Donovan McNabb is a scrambler and he went to the SB. If these QB's can get you there, they can win it too.

gr8slayer
11-03-2006, 11:56 PM
Young did it, didnt Cunningham do it also? Anyways, Michael Vick is doing pretty damn well, I predict them to goto the SB. Donovan McNabb is a scrambler and he went to the SB. If these QB's can get you there, they can win it too.
Cunningham never got to the SB nor has Vick. McNabb never won one. Young I'll give you but I wouldnt really label him as a "running QB." More like a "QB who has the ability to run but 9/10 will pass."

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Cunningham never got to the SB nor has Vick. McNabb never won one. Young I'll give you but I wouldnt really label him as a "running QB." More like a "QB who has the ability to run but 9/10 will pass."
Elway and Young.. Biggest names I can remember.

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2006, 12:00 AM
P.S. - Young was a scramble machine. Anyways, he learned to scramble in a different way than the guys we see now. He would run 10+ yards for a 1st down all the time. Having a QB that can scramble and pass, is a very nice asset to have.

gr8slayer
11-04-2006, 12:02 AM
P.S. - Young was a scramble machine. Anyways, he learned to scramble in a different way than the guys we see now. He would run 10+ yards for a 1st down all the time. Having a QB that can scramble and pass, is a very nice asset to have.
It's nice but isnt it all about championships? Young, Elway, two of forty?

I dont know, maybe just looking into it too much but it seems like the way to go is pocket QB. Maybe Mora Jr. was thinking the same thing when he tried to make Vick a pocket QB?

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2006, 12:12 AM

I dont know, maybe just looking into it too much but it seems like the way to go is pocket QB. Maybe Mora Jr. was thinking the same thing when he tried to make Vick a pocket QB?
Well yeah, times change and the game is no different. Pure Pocket Passing QB's are becoming a thing of the past. Now you need to find Rocket arm QB's with quick feet. The league has the tendacy to blitz, blitz and blitz more.

SABURZFAN
11-04-2006, 07:09 AM
if we land at #4,it would be better for this team to trade down and get an extra pick.

MTBillsFan
11-04-2006, 12:08 PM
DL then OL...
Also, who's going to be free agents?

Drive 4 Five
11-04-2006, 01:33 PM
If the draft were today, my guess is that 95% of this board would be complaining and whining about who the Bill's selected. Comments would ensue regarding everything from Wilson's death to how former mangement has doomed this team for decades to come, and Pat Moran would start over 100 posts detailing what the Bill's should have done instead. That's my prediction anyway.

patmoran2006
11-04-2006, 02:33 PM
horse****, Im one of the VERY FEW who wrote 100% positive **** about the Bills draft while it was happening.

The_Philster
11-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Are you completely off your rocker?! Another WR!!!!!!!! We can't pressure or protect our QB. When are you guys around here going to get it?

Drafting skill positions in the first 4 rounds makes no sense at all!! agreed...without the guys in the trenches this team is going nowhere

Our best receivers, in the history of the Bills, were all drafted in late rounds from smaller schools.
Uhhhh...our #2 all-time receiver was the 24th pick in the 1996 Draft...1st round

RockStar36
11-04-2006, 03:11 PM
If they decide to draft a QB, so be it. But if they don't draft a QB and take another skill position, I will absolutely flip out and lose it. No doubt about it. Another WR is not what this team needs. I don't give two ****s how good Calvin Johnson is. This team needs to build o-line and d-line before worrying about WR.

RockStar36
11-04-2006, 03:16 PM

I think Mora Jr. was ...

Trying to make Vick a pocket QB because he was constantly getting hurt.

X-Era
11-04-2006, 03:42 PM
horse****, Im one of the VERY FEW who wrote 100% positive **** about the Bills draft while it was happening.

gotta back ya up, its true. he did

Ron Burgundy
11-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Troy Smith is not a running quarterback.

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2006, 05:02 PM
I think many of us will be pleased with a number of players. This team has many holes, and there are many different picks we could take, and still be worth it. QB, WR, CB, LB, DT, OT. You name it, good pick.

RockStar36
11-04-2006, 08:55 PM
I think many of us will be pleased with a number of players. This team has many holes, and there are many different picks we could take, and still be worth it. QB, WR, CB, LB, DT, OT. You name it, good pick.

They need to build an o-line! That is where it all begins. What good would drafting Calvin Johnson do if the QB who is playing still only has 1.3 seconds to throw the ball. No good at all if you ask me.

Nighthawk
11-04-2006, 09:06 PM
if we land at #4,it would be better for this team to trade down and get an extra pick.

No, you don't trade down! You have a chance to get a top talent and you take it. This team does not have enough elite talent and picking that high gives you a good shot at an elite talent. I am not a fan of trading down from that position...we need the talent that the pick will bring in.

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2006, 11:18 PM
They need to build an o-line! That is where it all begins. What good would drafting Calvin Johnson do if the QB who is playing still only has 1.3 seconds to throw the ball. No good at all if you ask me.

I think alot of WR's arent doing their jobs. They need to break off their routes when JP gets blitzed, and I havent seen that at all, except from Parrish. We do need to build an OL, I agree with you there. However, quality linemen could be found in the 2-3 round also. PERSONALLY! I have many different picks I would like, Joe Thomas and Jake Long are among them.

patmoran2006
11-05-2006, 10:34 AM

the O-Line will be addressed Im' sure (it better be) but when you say that, what do you mean?

I think we agree we're solid with Peters, and I think Fowler is a lock to be back..

The jury is out on Pennington and Gandy, we'll see how they look the second half of this season at RT and LG, respectively.

If they play well, its conceivable that we may only need a new right guard.. If either Gandy or Pennington look good, then we'd need two linemen.

I dont think they need an entire new OL like some people think, and even if they did, it aint happening.

Marvelous
11-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Some would say the Jets had a boring draft last year but two 0-line starters.. wtf!

That's the way ta go.. + a stud Center. There's a poster here who mentioned that we need a stud center bigtime & haven't had one since Hull. SO TRUE.. center is underrated..

I don't really wanna go QB in the 1st. Unless it's a obvious pick like we're top 3 and it's a no brainer.. I def don't want a WR. Doesn't make sense imo..

1st round
-O-line
-RB McGahee is not staying.
QB- Least of priority. A rook QB can't start right away and the sooner fans accept that the better their draft will be... I'd say there's only a 10% chance we take a QB...

-Marv passed on a franchise QB with Leihnart and JP was almost identical..