PDA

View Full Version : Breakout Player in the 2nd half of the Season

scott51
11-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Who do you think will be the player to step up and make the biggest impact for the Bills in the 2nd half of the season? I have a prediction for offense and defense:

Offense
JP LOSMAN: Before you start bashing this please listen. I will admit I have been very hard and critical of JP. However, as a die hard fan I am hoping that he will turn it around and prove the critics wrong! I believe that we are going to see a different JP Losman in the 2nd half of the season. He has had the bye week to look at his mistakes and things he has done right. We should remember this is the first time JP has been given the chance to really be the STARTING quarterback without fear of being benched if he makes a mistake. He is young and is going to make mistakes. I think starting Sunday we will see a more focused JP and a guy who is going to take control of this offense.

Defense
Donte Whitner: Donte has shown a lot of promise in the 1st half of the season. Especially when a couple of our veterans are not producing! (#22 & #24) He, like JP, has made some mistakes. However, just like JP, I think he has had time to look back at what he has done right and wrong and will continue to improve. By the end of the season, people won't be quite as critical when talking about taking Donte so early in the draft.

Honorable Mention
Terrence McGee: I belive that we will see McGee return to form and become a big time return threat once again! I believe his first big return will be this Sunday!

Pride
11-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Who were they in the first half?

Offense: Jason Peters
Defense: Donte Whitner
Honorable Mention: Ryan Lindell

bflojohn
11-03-2006, 02:20 PM
I'd like to see Roscoe Parrish incorporated into the offense scheme more often, he is a dangerous weapon that hasn't been utilized near enough. The mere thought of Kevin Everett doing something other than tying his shoes would be welcome too! I'm also looking for a bookend dream to come true in living color, whereby both Jason Peters and Terrence Pennington finally put an end to the sorry state of affairs at the "offensive" tackle spots. Maturing of the young guns would go along way in helping me believe that 2007 will be the turning point season we've all been hoping for for years. So essentially, better play from Kyle Williams, Donte Whitner, Ko Simpson, Keith Ellison, and Ashton Youboty ( he's has to play sometime right??) could bolster my spirits.....
Offense: Roscoe Parrish, @WR
Defense: Kyle Williams, NT
Special Teams: Roscoe Parrish, Punt return yards and a TD or two?!?!

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Offense: Lee Evans, settles into the number one role nicely and becomes a difference maker for the team.

Defense: Kyle Williams, solidifies the 1 technique DT spot on our roster, causing our DL to improve enormously.

Honorable Mentions: Donte Whitner & Ko Simpson, Buffalo's new tandem. These two, continue to get better each week and they will be game breakers for us, for many years.

SquishDaFish
11-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Offense : JP Losman or Willis (Thanx to new Oline)
Defense : Hargrove
Spec : McGee

Mr. Pink
11-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Offense-Craig Nall

Defense-Takeo Spikes

ST-Roscoe Parrish

PECKERWOOD
11-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Nall is going to have a breakout season cheering on that bench.

patmoran2006
11-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Offense: I think Gandy is going to fit in well at left guard having Peters next to him.

Defense: I agree about Whitner, I think he's going to make huge strides in the second half.

Special Teams: WHo gives a ****.. Nobody is "breaking" out. they are all pretty good.

Here's a better one:
The two most IMPORTANT players on this team in the second half
Offense: Lee Evans
Defense: Takeo Spikes

Mahdi
11-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Offense: I think Gandy is going to fit in well at left guard having Peters next to him.

Defense: I agree about Whitner, I think he's going to make huge strides in the second half.

Special Teams: WHo gives a ****.. Nobody is "breaking" out. they are all pretty good.

Here's a better one:
The two most IMPORTANT players on this team in the second half
Offense: Lee Evans
Defense: Takeo Spikes
Yeah... we should be very strong pass protection wise on the left side.... the right side is going to be interesting. Villarial cant block anyone and Pennington is a raw rookie. Aaron Kampman will be a huge test.

Mahdi
11-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Offense: Peerless Price/ JP. Price should get more looks as the season goes on with Evans doubled.

Defense: Larry Triplett, something has to give eventually. I choose him because if this defense does turn a corner he has to have something significant to do with it.

Honorable Mention: Chris Kelsay, with more attention being given to Schobel, he should break out.

RockStar36
11-03-2006, 05:42 PM
JP or Willis needs to breakout.

On defense I need a corner to breakout. I guess it doesn't matter whether or not Nate breaks out since he will be outta here anyways. It would help if McGee would breakout since he has been toasted constantly the last few games.

Not neccessarily breakout, but I'd like to see Youboty even on the field.

gr8slayer
11-03-2006, 05:53 PM
For our future I hope it's Willis. Aside from what many may think, the future of our franchise doesnt depend on Losman as much as it does Willis. He is the closest thing to an all-star that we have had since the trio and we need him to be the face of our franchise for years to come.

patmoran2006
11-03-2006, 06:00 PM
For our future I hope it's Willis. Aside from what many may think, the future of our franchise doesnt depend on Losman as much as it does Willis. He is the closest thing to an all-star that we have had since the trio and we need him to be the face of our franchise for years to come.

Absolutely.. **** Losman (here come the groans).. Willis is the one who will benefit with better OL play a lot more than Losman.. Losman is a clown, McGahee, whether you like him or not, is a WINNER

Willis is a SOLID top ten back in this league with ANY kind of offensive line.

I want you guys to watch something close.. EVERYTIME Willis touches the ball, count how many time's he initially hit within 2 yards of the line of scrimage.

Yasgur's Farm
11-03-2006, 06:06 PM
JP Losman - The turnovers will diminish and the TD's will increase. Look for JP to be over 7 YD's/ATT and 5% TD's while giving up less than 2% INT's the remaining 9 games.

Ko Simpson - He's been 1/2 step slow in helping the CB's. I expect him to close that gap and come up with some balls.

Rian Lindell - He'll continue his clutch FG's and hit a 60 yarder to win a game.

YardRat
11-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Offense - Better be Pennington and Peters.

Defense - I agree with draz...Ko Simpson.

Special Teams...Parrish. If McGee continues to struggle on defense, I'd give serious consideration to pulling him off of the KR team and replacing him with Davis or Parrish.

patmoran2006
11-03-2006, 06:15 PM
JP Losman - The turnovers will diminish and the TD's will increase. Look for JP to be over 7 YD's/ATT and 5% TD's while giving up less than 2% INT's the remaining 9 games.

Ko Simpson - He's been 1/2 step slow in helping the CB's. I expect him to close that gap and come up with some balls.

Rian Lindell - He'll continue his clutch FG's and hit a 60 yarder to win a game.

Good call on Simpson, and while I dont know about a 60-yarder, Lindell is def looking clutch.

I'm not going to comment on your Losman paragraph, because its a prediction.. Nobody knows how he will play... My comments have been based on how he's PLAYED.

Yasgur's Farm
11-03-2006, 06:22 PM
I hear ya PM but this whole thread is based on the premiss of predicting the breakout players for the last 9. I'm just embelishing that a bit.

patmoran2006
11-03-2006, 06:25 PM
I hear ya.. that why I didnt bash the prediction... That would be stupid.

Sorry for the spirited thread getting out of hand this week. I am really fired up over the Losman ordeal, and I will "attempt" to contain my hatred for him running the offense until season's end.

Yasgur's Farm
11-03-2006, 06:28 PM
I can't blame you for having the same intensity on the subject that I have. Intensity is where it's at.

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm going to guess that none of the rookies that have been playing serious minutes like Whitner, Simpson, and Williams will really come on later in the season. They are not used to the length of the season. That doesn't mean they won't, but chances are...
Pennington has the best chance to be the breakout player on offense for us with his new opportunity. All eyes are going to be on him and I bet he gets beat a few times. People will be calling for his head before he really gets a chance to improve, but I think he will. He's got the physical part down, now he needs to develop the skill set.
On defense, I think Kelsay is going to show up more.

Yasgur's Farm
11-03-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm going to guess that none of the rookies that have been playing serious minutes like Whitner, Simpson, and Williams will really come on later in the season. They are not used to the length of the season. That doesn't mean they won't, but chances are...Good point.