• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Something That needs clarification

* How many times when Losman was sacked did one or more of his linemen help him up?

* How many times when Losman was picked or lost a fumble did his teammates come over to talk to him and/or console him on the sidelines?

* How many times PERIOD have seen Losman even COMMUNICATE with his WR's, McGahee or his offensive line on the sidelines?

* How many times have you seen Losman take command in the huddle? How many times have you seen him in a lineman's face after they missed a block that led to him being hit?

The answer to ALL of these questions is FAR TOO LITTLE.. The most important player at the most important position is NOT a leader, not even close.. He's making the quarterback position for the Buffalo Bills just another one of the 22 positions.. As long as that happens, we will continue to go NOWHERE.

And the OL is an excuse.. Its half legit and its half little more than a convienant excuse.. Yes, our OL is not strong, and it needs an upgrade big-time. However, as someone who watches and tapes a host of other games, let me assure you there are other offensive lines in the NFL that are FAR worse than ours..

Sure he'll have a good game every now and then.. I wouldnt be surprised at all if he looks great against the Packers (and their NFL worst pass-defense that will be without Woodson on top of that). But until we have a QB that will put us in a position to win 10-14 games per year, the mediocrity of the 4-7 win seasons will continue. Whether its a free agent pickup or a first rounder next year, its time for the Bills to have some leadership qualities and other intangibles at the quarterback position.

SInce last season, a number of vets have directly and indirectly complained about Losman..Even over the last week, Lee Evans is making remarks about turnovers.. .. At some point, they can't ALL be wrong about him.

So don't accuse of me not being a Bills fan. I very much am and I like most of this team.. I just despise the quarterback. (and im not too thrilled with the HC either, another topic for another time)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: Something That needs clarification

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    Sure he'll have a good game every now and then.. I wouldnt be surprised at all if he looks great against the Packers (and their NFL worst pass-defense that will be without Woodson on top of that).
    There's the catch all phrase... In other words, no matter what the kid does, Mr sportswriter and his band of merry men are justified to b itch.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

PM, normally I like and agree with your posts, but this time you're off base IMO.

A QB cannot get in anyone's faces after a failed assignment until he (the QB) starts making plays in spite of those failed assignments!

If JP yelled at the O line right now, with his mediocre play... the OL would revolt and lose interest in protecting him. Now, if JP was dodging tacklers, running all over the field, and throwing a tight spiral in between defenders to a completely covered Lee Evans who turns and runs for the touchdown.. then JP could get in his teammates faces. Until he can do that, he knows he has to keep his mouth shut!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Pat you play on the field and are in the huddle with him? I didnt know that. Thanx for letting us know what happens on the field where you are NOT at.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

* How many times PERIOD have seen Losman even COMMUNICATE with his WR's, McGahee or his offensive line on the sidelines?

that right there is the best point of the entire blurb written by Pat. I have never once seen JP after anything, good bad or indifferent go talk to anyone on the sidelines, he just goes over to the bench sits by himself and sulks.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

I have to agree, I want to see more leadership outta JP. I have seen him act like a leader before, so we know he can do it. Honestly, he will become a leader once we start winning games.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              * How many times when Losman was sacked did one or more of his linemen help him up?

* How many times when Losman was picked or lost a fumble did his teammates come over to talk to him and/or console him on the sidelines?

* How many times have you seen Losman take command in the huddle? How many times have you seen him in a lineman's face after they missed a block that led to him being hit?

The answer to ALL of these questions is FAR TOO LITTLE.. The most important player at the most important position is NOT a leader, not even close.. He's making the quarterback position for the Buffalo Bills just another one of the 22 positions.. As long as that happens, we will continue to go NOWHERE.

And the OL is an excuse.. Its half legit and its half little more than a convienant excuse.. Yes, our OL is not strong, and it needs an upgrade big-time. However, as someone who watches and tapes a host of other games, let me assure you there are other offensive lines in the NFL that are FAR worse than ours..

Sure he'll have a good game every now and then.. I wouldnt be surprised at all if he looks great against the Packers (and their NFL worst pass-defense that will be without Woodson on top of that). But until we have a QB that will put us in a position to win 10-14 games per year, the mediocrity of the 4-7 win seasons will continue. Whether its a free agent pickup or a first rounder next year, its time for the Bills to have some leadership qualities and other intangibles at the quarterback position.

SInce last season, a number of vets have directly and indirectly complained about Losman..Even over the last week, Lee Evans is making remarks about turnovers.. .. At some point, they can't ALL be wrong about him.

So don't accuse of me not being a Bills fan. I very much am and I like most of this team.. I just despise the quarterback. (and im not too thrilled with the HC either, another topic for another time)

Sorry bro. that was a stupid post.

Hey Pat, you are not suppose to pick up your teammate unless he asks for it. If the guy in injured after a hit you don't just pick him up. It's like a car accident, you don't move them or you could aggravate the situation.

A for the rest, you're making ******ed assumptions. Unless you're in the huddle yourself which you are not, you're reading too much into what goes on even what Evans said. That's just stupid. Your hate is just making your opinions spiral down the toilet.

This thread has to be up there amongst the dumbest threads started.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Well then again, he doesnt get many opportunities to celebrate with his WR's or Willis, seeing how we never score! :o)

Comment

• raphael120
                  Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                  I have to agree, I want to see more leadership outta JP. I have seen him act like a leader before, so we know he can do it. Honestly, he will become a leader once we start winning games.
                  I want to see him be a leader even when we lose. Whether the ship sinks or sails, he's the captain. How he acts in those circumstances tells volumes. And how he acted after the one loss he pretty much blamed everyone else and was trying to make it feel like he was the innocent one.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by raphael120
                    I want to see him be a leader even when we lose. Whether the ship sinks or sails, he's the captain. How he acts in those circumstances tells volumes. And how he acted after the one loss he pretty much blamed everyone else and was trying to make it feel like he was the innocent one.
                    I think the problem with that is, he doesnt have their respect yet. Once we start winning football games, I think his teammates will gradually start respecting him more.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Those who can answer these questions must be staring at JP every single minute of the game, so tell me, which of his socks is rolled up higher, the left or the right?

And those who can answer these questions must not know anything about the rest of the team since their eyes are fixed on JP every single minute.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Any post about JP's relationship with teammates is GARBAGE. Absolute GARBAGE. The very definition of ignorance.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

What a blank statement Phil, anything to contribute on this topic?

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

OMIGOSH...Someone DARED to criticize THE JP LOSMAN ??

BLASPHEMY !!!
                              Attached Files
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X