PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Pickett

Saratoga Slim
11-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Got the same $ offer from OBD as he did from the Pack, and went there cause he thought it was a better fit for him.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061103/2008601.asp

So much for the "Ralph is a cheapskate" argument on that one. :bigwave:

Yeah, I know "we could have made another offer." Maybe, and I wish we did offer more b/c I think a guy like Pickett may be the missing link on our DL. But the bottom line is we put a competitive financial package on the table, and the guy just didn't want to come here.

G. Host
11-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Ralph is cheap in that he is a good businessman who does not want to get into an idiot bidding war. Some want us to 'spend the bucks' because they are there to be spent but would never act that way if they bucks were in their pockets.

patmoran2006
11-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Pickett is by FAR the most important player the Bills didnt sign.. IM not saying we didnt TRY to get it done, that info has just came out.

Pickett would've improved the ENTIRE front four immediately, AND that pick we used on McCargo coulda went elsewhere.

Devin
11-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Pickett is by FAR the most important player the Bills didnt sign.. IM not saying we didnt TRY to get it done, that info has just came out.

Pickett would've improved the ENTIRE front four immediately, AND that pick we used on McCargo coulda went elsewhere.

Like Mangold :(

patmoran2006
11-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Like Mangold :(

Exactly.

And I"ll give Buffalo credit for attempting to land Pickett, its not like we passed on him. I knew we offered him, but I figured we small-balled him.. Turns out we didn't.

Unfortunately, there isnt any "buzz" anymore for a FA to come to Buffalo. THE ONLY way (until we prove we can, that solves everything) we're going to land players like Pickett is by paying them more than the competition.

Damn, Pickett at DT and Mangold at center (move Fowler to guard) our trenches could've looked much better.

Saratoga Slim
11-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Exactly.

And I"ll give Buffalo credit for attempting to land Pickett, its not like we passed on him. I knew we offered him, but I figured we small-balled him.. Turns out we didn't.

Unfortunately, there isnt any "buzz" anymore for a FA to come to Buffalo. THE ONLY way (until we prove we can, that solves everything) we're going to land players like Pickett is by paying them more than the competition.

Damn, Pickett at DT and Mangold at center (move Fowler to guard) our trenches could've looked much better.

I agree with this 100%. On a related note, I'll add that an end of season run may take us out of the top draft slots, but it may also pay off with a little buzz that will help to sign some free agents