• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Bills SHOULD be a borderline playoff team

I dont give a **** what anybody around the league says.. THis team could VERY easily be 5-2 at the bye..

The Bears and 2nd NE game are the only games I've seen we had no business winning.

The Jets game we should've ran away with easily, when your RB rolls for over 150 yards, you flat-out better win... The Lions BEGGED us to win that game but dumb turnover after turnover (and sack after sack) ruined that.. And the first NE game, a couple of questionable calls by Jauron AND the refs, and a pure-******ation safety loss that game as well..

That sounds like 5-2 to me.

This is NOT a bad team.. We have above average WR's (despite what some of you think), we have SOLID Linebackers, pass rushing DE's and a decent-though-maligned secondary..

The OL play has been weak, especially in pass protection and teams are still running on us too easily... And of course, I dont even have to get into the single-biggest problem.

Bears game aside, we've held teams to point totals that were far from being unable to overcome.. I dont think anyone but Chicago has layed 30 on us this year.

This is a GOOD football team with a GOOD nucleus of youngsters (Whitner, SImpson, WIlliams, Evans, McGhaee, Crowell) who are contributing and a few vets (Fletch, Clements, Spikes when the rust wears off) that put this team at worst a .500 team IMO.

If I think they easily could be 5-2 right now (and I aint the only one)-- get a competent QB, a one-gap DT and 1-2 new OL and this is a playoff team next year.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Bills SHOULD be a borderline playoff team

The offense needs to score more points and sustain more drives.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

We have a one technique DT in Kyle Williams, he has been improving very nicely. It wouldnt hurt to have another 1 technique DT in the rotation though. However, if JP can pick it up this year and he starts to improve, there is no question this team is atleast a .500 team.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
        We have a one technique DT in Kyle Williams, he has been improving very nicely. It wouldnt hurt to have another 1 technique DT in the rotation though. However, if JP can pick it up this year and he starts to improve, there is no question this team is atleast a .500 team.
        .500 team this year?

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
          If Losman leads this team to five wins in the last nine games, then he buys himself another year in my book.. that would show improvement.

If we dont show some SERIOUS improvement in the second half of the season, his ass needs to be shown the door; and he wont be the only one either.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

It's a possibility we could go 8-8 this year, not likely but possible. I'm saying if he were to atleast manage the game, we would be 8-8 this year atleast, if he did that all season long, start to finish.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

If Losman improves the second half of the season, 5-4 over the last nine isnt too much to ask for.

NOt saying he's the only reason we're 2-5 (though he's the biggest) and IM not saying he's the ONLY player who needs to improve (I count 52 others and about 8 coaches), just saying he's the most IMPORTANT..

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                If Losman improves the second half of the season, 5-4 over the last nine isnt too much to ask for.

NOt saying he's the only reason we're 2-5 (though he's the biggest) and IM not saying he's the ONLY player who needs to improve (I count 52 others and about 8 coaches), just saying he's the most IMPORTANT..

And if your aunt had a package, she'd be your uncle.

I'd be very surprised and actually rather po'd if we see this clown play out the season if he plays sunday like he has the past 3 games. Honestly, I'd prefer if he didn't play sunday...but that won't happen. So I can ride it out and hope and pray he suddenly decides he gives two shakes about what's going on out there...let alone decide that protecting the ball is a good idea.

It's getting to be about that time to see what we have in Nall. He may be really good he may not. But at least if he gets in there for a few games this year we have something to gauge him on. AND maybe, just maybe we won't have to go draft a QB in Rd1, try to make some ridiculous trade to get Leftwich or give up compensation to get Schaub.

I was all for giving Losman a chance this whole year...but when you can't show any interest in what's going on then eph you. Get him out of there, hell, Billy Jo Hobert was shown the door for not caring about the team. Why didn't he get a chance? The main reason for me wanting him gone is fumbling due to hitting a ref, the ref makes no attempt to hit you and you can't hold on to the ball? You have HUGE problems.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                  The main reason for me wanting him gone is fumbling due to hitting a ref, the ref makes no attempt to hit you and you can't hold on to the ball? You have HUGE problems.
                  The Ref blindsided JP.

Im starting to wonder if JP has any peripheral vision.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I dont give a **** what anybody around the league says.. THis team could VERY easily be 5-2 at the bye..

The Bears and 2nd NE game are the only games I've seen we had no business winning.

The Jets game we should've ran away with easily, when your RB rolls for over 150 yards, you flat-out better win... The Lions BEGGED us to win that game but dumb turnover after turnover (and sack after sack) ruined that.. And the first NE game, a couple of questionable calls by Jauron AND the refs, and a pure-******ation safety loss that game as well..

This is NOT a bad team.. We have above average WR's (despite what some of you think), we have SOLID Linebackers, pass rushing DE's and a decent-though-maligned secondary..

The OL play has been weak, especially in pass protection and teams are still running on us too easily... And of course, I dont even have to get into the single-biggest problem.

Bears game aside, we've held teams to point totals that were far from being unable to overcome.. I dont think anyone but Chicago has layed 30 on us this year.

This is a GOOD football team with a GOOD nucleus of youngsters (Whitner, SImpson, WIlliams, Evans, McGhaee, Crowell) who are contributing and a few vets (Fletch, Clements, Spikes when the rust wears off) that put this team at worst a .500 team IMO.

If I think they easily could be 5-2 right now (and I aint the only one)-- get a competent QB, a one-gap DT and 1-2 new OL and this is a playoff team next year.

Interesting, the guy who said it would take a miracle for us to win 4 games (knowing JP was the starter at that) is *****ing that we don't have a 5-2 record. make up our mind or eat your crow.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

1- I predicted BEFORE the season we'd be 4-12.. and im on pace

2- That was BEFORE the season.. once it started, we shoulda won 4 of our first six games.. Some people exceeded my expectations, J-Loss aint one of them

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

the way these guys have played in the last 3 games,they look like a borderline 1st overall pick for the 2007 draft.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• jmb1099
                          • Sep 2004

Somewhere, off in the distance, a dead horse is being beaten, and beaten, and beaten, and...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Dude, you are way off base. How anybody can think this team shoudl be anywhere near a playoff team is beyond me. I knwo you want to try to make JP look worse than he has played, but this is going too far. Think about the following:

1. This team was 5-11 last year.
                            2. The team has an entirely new defensive and offensive schemes.
                            3. The team has had 4-5 rookies getting significant playing time or startingon defense throughout the season.
                            4. The most talented player is still trying to come back from a signifcant injury and re-injured himself.
                            5. The offensive line is still full of holes and has new guys playing with one another.
                            6. The roster itself has 22 new players on it.

I don't know what else to say, but this is clearly a re-building season.

And if you think JP is the biggest problem you are insane.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              Dude, you are way off base. How anybody can think this team shoudl be anywhere near a playoff team is beyond me. I knwo you want to try to make JP look worse than he has played, but this is going too far. Think about the following:

1. This team was 5-11 last year.
                              2. The team has an entirely new defensive and offensive schemes.
                              3. The team has had 4-5 rookies getting significant playing time or startingon defense throughout the season.
                              4. The most talented player is still trying to come back from a signifcant injury and re-injured himself.
                              5. The offensive line is still full of holes and has new guys playing with one another.
                              6. The roster itself has 22 new players on it.

I don't know what else to say, but this is clearly a re-building season.

And if you think JP is the biggest problem you are insane.
                              1- Are you telling me that we SHOULDNT very easily be 5-2 right now with a straight face? 5-2 sounds like a borderline playoff team to me.. The Jets were worse than us last year and have less talent this year, yet they ARE a "borderline playoff team". The Saints had the SECOND Pick in the draft and in ONE year in a TOUGHER division they are already a "borderline playoff team"

IM so sick of hearing this rebuilding crap.. Rebuilding is nothing more than an excuse to the fans that your team sucks.

As as for Losman, on a team filled with many problems, he's unquestionably the BIGGEST-- and there you guys go again, putting the SAME value of a quarterback as a second wide reciever or a right guard.

Comment

Working...
                              X