PDA

View Full Version : Besides J-Loss, who else is playing for their job?

patmoran2006
11-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Besides the OBVIOUS answer of JP Losman.. who else on this team in your opinion is playing for their jobs in the second half of the season?

Let's limit the answer to your top four guys (besides Losman).. Because one could argue 53 players are playing for their jobs.

patmoran2006
11-03-2006, 06:21 PM
* Peerless Price
* Mike Gandy
* Takeo Spikes
* Damien Shelton

( I omit Villarrial from this list cause there is NO way that dolt should return next year)

Mr. Pink
11-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Terrence McGee for role of Number 1 corner.

YardRat
11-03-2006, 06:22 PM
:lmao:

You're really pouring it on tonight, pat.

I would lump Sheldon, Gandy, Villariel, Parrish, and Price on offense.

Fletcher and Takeo on defense.

All of the back-ups who were here prior to this season.

patmoran2006
11-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Terrence McGee for role of Number 1 corner.

Good call.. He steps up in the second half ( I still think he's having problems adjusting to the CB role in a cover 2) and we could be set with youboty as a No. 2.

If he doesnt, then we have to go the FA market and spend some big bucks on a capable corner, which limits other areas of corse

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Shelton, Reed, Price, Everett, TKO, and Fletch. I hope TKO picks it up, hopefully we can resign Fletcher too.

SABURZFAN
11-04-2006, 07:05 AM
we need to get rid of losman and spikes.

patmoran2006
11-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Why do we need to get rid of Spikes ? We already KNOW what he can, he's hampered by injuries and he's under contract already for next year.

RockStar36
11-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Pretty much everyone. I think this season is a huge pre-season game so that Dick and co. and bring in their own people. Fletcher and Clements will most likely be gone after this season. I'd rather sink that money into the lines anyways. I don't think Peerless is neccessary playing for a job. He got a decent contract and I doubt Marv will terminate it early. I don't think Peerless has done anything to deserve being cut, or benched for that matter. Chris Villarial disease is probably playing for a job. If he makes the team next year it's probably because him and Dick are tight from the Chicago days. Same with Gandy.

patmoran2006
11-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Pretty much everyone. I think this season is a huge pre-season game so that Dick and co. and bring in their own people. Fletcher and Clements will most likely be gone after this season. I'd rather sink that money into the lines anyways. I don't think Peerless is neccessary playing for a job. He got a decent contract and I doubt Marv will terminate it early. I don't think Peerless has done anything to deserve being cut, or benched for that matter. Chris Villarial disease is probably playing for a job. If he makes the team next year it's probably because him and Dick are tight from the Chicago days. Same with Gandy.

I don't disagree with a single thing you said.. good points, except for the season being a huge preseason game.. You tell that to the fans who will be buying tix and freezing their asses off in November and December. In the NFL, good teams dont need 3-4 years to turn a franchise around.. Every year teams go from worst to first. We're just outclassed right now at QB and Head Coach, its as easy as 1-2-3.

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2006, 11:51 AM
One reason you may want to get rid of Spikes is because he hasnt done anything this year. Rupturing your achilles is serious, and it can destroy a persons career. I want to see him come back no matter what, but he plays for a defense built on speed, and if he doesnt regain his burst back, he is gone.

delo
11-04-2006, 01:47 PM
price takeo fletcher reyas

patmoran2006
11-04-2006, 02:35 PM
One reason you may want to get rid of Spikes is because he hasnt done anything this year. Rupturing your achilles is serious, and it can destroy a persons career. I want to see him come back no matter what, but he plays for a defense built on speed, and if he doesnt regain his burst back, he is gone.

I agree.. My point is there is a lot of season left for him to get up to speed... His hamstring is the problem right now, its not like he reinjured his achiles.

billsburgh
11-04-2006, 02:56 PM
there's no way JP is not the qb for this team next year. Jauron has already said as much.

RockStar36
11-04-2006, 03:02 PM
I don't disagree with a single thing you said.. good points, except for the season being a huge preseason game.. You tell that to the fans who will be buying tix and freezing their asses off in November and December. In the NFL, good teams dont need 3-4 years to turn a franchise around.. Every year teams go from worst to first. We're just outclassed right now at QB and Head Coach, its as easy as 1-2-3.

I see what you're saying. I'm also part of the fans that have paid and made the drive up to Buffalo for the game(s). I guess what I meant was that Marv and Dick came into this year having to clean up a 5 year mess. This year is kind of just feeling it out and seeing who will fit their system. So it's similar to a pre-season game in that aspect. However, I don't think the coaches or players think that way.

Ron Burgundy
11-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Other than Losman, of course:

Dick Jauron
Mike Gandy
Daimon Shelton
Chris Villarial

SABURZFAN
11-04-2006, 04:22 PM
we need to get rid of Mikey82 for groaning my post too.

PECKERWOOD
11-04-2006, 04:58 PM
I agree.. My point is there is a lot of season left for him to get up to speed... His hamstring is the problem right now, its not like he reinjured his achiles.
Pretty sure his hamstring is injured on the same leg as his achilles was. Furthermore, who is to say he is fully back from his achilles injury, or ever will be?

X-Era
11-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Besides the OBVIOUS answer of JP Losman.. who else on this team in your opinion is playing for their jobs in the second half of the season?

Let's limit the answer to your top four guys (besides Losman).. Because one could argue 53 players are playing for their jobs.

After further review....YOU ARE! As a respectable poster at least.

Get a new job, this mission to destroy Losman is getting old.

This is a Bills board, not a Losman board.

RockStar36
11-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Pretty sure his hamstring is injured on the same leg as his achilles was. Furthermore, who is to say he is fully back from his achilles injury, or ever will be?

I would hope he eventually comes back, if he hasn't already. I've watched other players come back from more devastating injuries.

raphael120
11-04-2006, 09:57 PM
i would really like to see spikes still stay on the team, and i think the only way thats going to happen is either 1, he plays back to TKO style, 2, he takes a pay cut when they negotiate a new deal. I just think we're going to have a lot of holes next season and we might be just as bad next year. Fletcher is gone, Villirael gone, clements, we're going to need to depend so much on the draft, its going to be crazy. And even worse if JP stinks it up, thats another QB question. I also need to remind everyone...McGahee's contract is up too. QB, HB, WR, OL, DL, LB, CB...thats all the crap we need to fill.

Hold on to yo butts.

PECKERWOOD
11-05-2006, 12:14 AM
I would hope he eventually comes back, if he hasn't already. I've watched other players come back from more devastating injuries.
There is no doubt, I'm hoping he makes some big plays for us this year. He is a warrior, and a great leader on defense when he is at his best. When healthy, he is our Ray Lewis.

Still though, Pinkston had the same injury at WR. A position similar to LB in the sense they both, heavily rely on speed, and Pinkston got cut. That is pretty telling, considering how he was one of Philly's better WR's, and they were low on depth, and it may also be noted he hasnt been picked up by anyone yet. TKO not making a comeback, is a very REAL scenario.

Mr. Pink
11-05-2006, 04:24 AM
There is no doubt, I'm hoping he makes some big plays for us this year. He is a warrior, and a great leader on defense when he is at his best. When healthy, he is our Ray Lewis.

Still though, Pinkston had the same injury at WR. A position similar to LB in the sense they both, heavily rely on speed, and Pinkston got cut. That is pretty telling, considering how he was one of Philly's better WR's, and they were low on depth, and it may also be noted he hasnt been picked up by anyone yet. TKO not making a comeback, is a very REAL scenario.

A better comparison would be Jamir Miller. Much the same type of LB, Jamir had the same injury and had to retire. At least Spikes has returned to the field since the injury, so he's a little ahead of Miller.

It worries me though, he is starting to remind me of Sam Cowart post torn achilles.

HHURRICANE
11-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Why do we need to get rid of Spikes ? We already KNOW what he can, he's hampered by injuries and he's under contract already for next year.

Becuase his contract pays him 5.5 million next year and there is no way he's getting that. If he doesn't renegotiate he's history. I think he's more gone gone than Fletcher right now!!

ParanoidAndroid
11-05-2006, 09:34 AM

When I saw the title of the thread, all I could think of was "everybody!"